46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi There vj members,

(Good Day!!) :star: I am glad that I passed my drivers permit test, so I can now practice driving and learning the road policies and etc., after this imma go ahead and take a my road test for my drivers licence.. so wish me luck everyone!!! So to those of you who wants to drive here in the US my tips for you is just read the dmv book.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

Filing date: April 23, 2011

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: May 16,2011

I-485 Approval Date:June 26 , 2011

I-485 Approved: Approved

Green Card received Date: August 04,2011

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There vj members,

(Good Day!!) :star: I am glad that I passed my drivers permit test, so I can now practice driving and learning the road policies and etc., after this imma go ahead and take a my road test for my drivers licence.. so wish me luck everyone!!! So to those of you who wants to drive here in the US my tips for you is just read the dmv book.

Dont forget to use your horn alot. Lol :-) congratulations and good luck Edited by LSnBigBear

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi There vj members,

Happy for you...yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif Im not ready to drive yetno0pb.gifno0pb.gif

Timeline

Congrats - it is quite exhilarating when you start to drive

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from CR-1 to Moving Here forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hi There vj members,

:thumbs: Simple yet great advice! I agree the DMV book will get you through. I still remember being 15 and getting my permit. The test was less than what the book offered, but all questions came from the book. Congratulations!

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there,

I am from the UK & I have tried to research whether or not I can continue using my UK license to drive once I move over to the US & marry my fiance? I know UK licenses are accepted in all countries if you're a tourist & wanting to hire a car on holiday etc. But in my case, I have read varying stories...some say I can use my UK license for up to one year but once I become a permanent resident, depending on the State I am living in (Texas) I may need to apply for the permit & then take the full written & practical driving test in the US? Apparently California & Texas are the most strict & require all Texas residents to hold a Texas driving license? I just want to know whether once I move & am waiting for AOS & then my green card, whether I can buy a car in the US & drive using my UK license? I know I also need to get used to left hand drive & automatic gear boxes lol! Has anyone been in this position that can confirm this for me? Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi there,

I am from the UK & I have tried to research whether or not I can continue using my UK license to drive once I move over to the US & marry my fiance? I know UK licenses are accepted in all countries if you're a tourist & wanting to hire a car on holiday etc. But in my case, I have read varying stories...some say I can use my UK license for up to one year but once I become a permanent resident, depending on the State I am living in (Texas) I may need to apply for the permit & then take the full written & practical driving test in the US? Apparently California & Texas are the most strict & require all Texas residents to hold a Texas driving license? I just want to know whether once I move & am waiting for AOS & then my green card, whether I can buy a car in the US & drive using my UK license? I know I also need to get used to left hand drive & automatic gear boxes lol! Has anyone been in this position that can confirm this for me? Thanks!

Please read this post; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287256-can-a-k1-get-a-texas-drivers-license/page__view__findpost__p__4355876

and this post; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/282664-how-do-i-get-a-drivers-license-in-texas-on-a-k-1/page__view__findpost__p__4289738

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

Ohh, congrats to OP! :star:

(it wouldn't let me edit)

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

Timeline

Thank you Moomin! Will have a good read...great user name :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats! Im reading my DMV book too, hard to stuck in the house.

Hahahaha, mag drive lesson kana sis.. pra hindi kana ma bored.. paanu na ang calenderia natin... hehehehe

Timeline

Thank you Moomin! Will have a good read...great user name :)

NP and thanks. Used to adore the moomins as a kid :)

Timeline

NP and thanks. Used to adore the moomins as a kid :)

Me too! :) So I read all of the other 2 threads...thanks again. Looks like I can only use my license until my 1-94 is up & then I do need to go through the whole hoopla of taking the written & driven tests once I get my EOD & then my GC...:/ I hated taking my UK one all those years ago...I have been told by many friends that the tests are much easier in the US & it's nothing to worry about. I hope so!

Timeline

Congrats - it is quite exhilarating when you start to drive

I consider driving here as freedom. Freedom to go wherever I want when I wanted to have my 'me' time.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.