Team Masters

Filling out the I-134

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Matthew and I are getting all of our information and paper work together for me to send him so he will have it ready to go for when the interview at the embassy comes around. I have a question about the I-134 form

For question 8 it says to list all children etc and if they are wholly or patially dependent upon you. I have 3 children. Only one of which resides with me and that I claim on my tax forms. But according to the threshold I have to list all three of them since they are under the age of 18 regardless of who they live with and could at any time become my sole responsibility. So since only one resides with me full time and the other two I have a day or two through the week how should I list them under question 8 ?

Thank you in advance

One half of Team Masters

Congrats to all of the February filers that have gotten their NOA2 and for those who have not yet it will be your time very soon !

Our Timeless Journey

1/10/2012 - Matthew's trip to Cincinnati :)

1/21/2012 - Matthew proposed to Mary!

1/29/2012 - Matthew had to fly back to Australia :(

2/13/2012 - Submitted I-129-F to Texas lockbox via USPS Priority mail

2/22/2012 - Received e-mail for NOA1; petition routed to CSC

2/22/2012 - Cheque cashed

7/18/2012 - NOA2 (via e-mail)

7/24/2012 - NOA2 hard copy received

7/31/2012 - Request for Pkt3 e-mail received

8/20/2012 - Date of Consulate interview received, scheduled for Oct 2

8/27/2012 - Date for Consulate interview moved up to Sept 18 (yeah!)

9/18/2012 - Visa Approved !!!

9/21/2012 - Visa Received in the mail

10/02/2012 - Matthew arrived home in Cincinnati

10/14/2012 - I now pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Masters ! (wedding day)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

All are wholly and counted in your household size. You must list all dependent children under the age of 21, no matter where they live or who claims them on their taxes.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

All are wholly and counted in your household size. You must list all dependent children under the age of 21, no matter where they live or who claims them on their taxes.

Actually it's "all dependent children under the age of majority for your state". Some states its 18.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.