Cam

Back from Kazan

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think this is the problem in the Russian forum with the AW "flame" thing.

See, truly I have no problem with wanting to find a soul mate in Russia...Dan, I think that you truly had noble intentions...you got screwed over, and actually you seem like a nice guy so that makes me sad....

but it's people like Cam that give all of you a bad name...ya know? I must say this post is appalling to me. I don't know if it's a joke...i feel like it almost HAS to be...but if I had found out my husband ever slept with a hooker, that would be a breaking point for me...especailly if he had come to visit ME....and then broken away to get laid by a hooker....personally, of course, but I find it hard to believe that the way ya'll describe Russian women in here...I would think that as proud and strong as tehy are, they would feel similarly...americanized or not - who wants their man whoring around?? Honestly?

So...there's my (probably unwanted) two cents.

Edited by CarolineM

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The problem I see is folks who half participate in this forum coming in and making snap judgements. I frequent this forum and I have yet to read anyone seriously condoning hooker visits while looking for the love of their life.

Many folks here have a different sense of humor than I do but I try to give them the benefit of the doubt or if I dont get the joke I ignore it (or them). If you want to string someone up for comment at least have the decency to make sure you understand thier exchange and if the OP was not offended by AK's post then why not assume it was not meant in a bad way and might have been a bit of sarcasm or said tongue in cheek.

Timeline

This is quite interesting. I definitely do not in any shape or form agree with the hooker comment by Cam. Obviously he's a misguided young man that will in time get what he deserves (screwed by a very smart RW). And those of you that couldn't see the sarcasm of AK Diver please read more than just the last post. Aren't we all adults here? At least I thought we were. This forum has some good information but also has been abused by some to depict the RW as some kind of "commodity". On the 17th of November my fiancee with arrive and I dont see myself coming back to this website for anything other than just some info on AOS. I hate to find myself laughing at the ignorance on this forum. I would much rather laugh at some good stories. Good luck to you all.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: Timeline

See, truly I have no problem with wanting to find a soul mate in Russia...Dan, I think that you truly had noble intentions...you got screwed over, and actually you seem like a nice guy so that makes me sad....

but it's people like Cam that give all of you a bad name...ya know? I must say this post is appalling to me. I don't know if it's a joke...i feel like it almost HAS to be...but if I had found out my husband ever slept with a hooker, that would be a breaking point for me...especailly if he had come to visit ME....and then broken away to get laid by a hooker....personally, of course, but I find it hard to believe that the way ya'll describe Russian women in here...I would think that as proud and strong as tehy are, they would feel similarly...americanized or not - who wants their man whoring around?? Honestly?

I agree that Cam's remarks can be construed in extremely bad taste, whether true or not, Caroline.

And I agree with your point of view on such things, personally

An interesting story, though, to share with you, once upon a time my ex- and I were talking about her first "boyfriend/SO" back in Russia when she was younger. (early twenties). And she said something to me like "one time he hired two girls for sex...".

My jaw about bounced off the floor. And then she asked me.... "you never hired prostitute before??"

HELL NO, never, and never would I either...

She shrugged and said "it's common in Russia for men to do this..."

Picking Caroline's jaw up off the floor and handing it back to her... True story, Caroline.

In term of Cam giving "all of us a bad name"? I think that's as silly as some of these guys blaming ALL American women for their experiences with a few...

-- Dan

As said a hundred times before... Why go to Russian to get laid..???? whats it cost ??$2--3,000 for the trip or more.. to get laid and treat women like objects.... "This is Stupid" ,very immature.. and self centered..but then that is why you posted it..Because you like the attention..

If your not serious about finding that special person..stop screwing it up for us guys that are serious.. and stay in the states ..

I agree that Cam's remarks can be construed in extremely bad taste, whether true or not, Caroline.

And I agree with your point of view on such things, personally

An interesting story, though, to share with you, once upon a time my ex- and I were talking about her first "boyfriend/SO" back in Russia when she was younger. (early twenties). And she said something to me like "one time he hired two girls for sex...".

My jaw about bounced off the floor. And then she asked me.... "you never hired prostitute before??"

HELL NO, never, and never would I either...

She shrugged and said "it's common in Russia for men to do this..."

Picking Caroline's jaw up off the floor and handing it back to her... True story, Caroline.

In term of Cam giving "all of us a bad name"? I think that's as silly as some of these guys blaming ALL American women for their experiences with a few...

-- Dan

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

This reply is mainly for travlnmannn, so congratulations to the two of you. You have a date to mark down on your calendar! Our fiancee's had interviews on October 16 and passed. Three days later, my fiancee sent me a text message saying she had her visa in hand. It was like a weight being lifted off my shoulders after a 7 month journey so far. So I wish you the best when she arrives to Chicago.

As for the original post, I hope that Cam is joking in some way. Leaving the woman you love and not knowing when you will meet again is a very touching moment. I still remember seeing Irina for the last time as she saw me off at the Moscow airport before taking the 12 hour train ride back to where she lives in Cheboksary. It is a memory I will cherish forever. I thank him for this post by giving me the chance to remember my last sight of Irina. It is a nice, warm thought as I await her arrival to me on Thursday October 26, just a few days away.

Edited by Danichek

March 29, 2006: mailed the I-129f form after getting all the documents translated and prepared

April 07, 2006: NOA-1

June 30, 2006: IMBRA RFE received by me

July 07, 2006: IMBRA RFE received by CSC

Aug 01, 2006: NOA-2

Aug 15, 2006: receipt from NVC stating they have the approved petition

Aug 25, 2006: email from US Embassy in Moscow, interview scheduled for Oct 16 @ 8:00 am

Sep 29, 2006: packet 3 finally received at old address even though we notified the NVC and Moscow Embassy of the new address.

October 16, 2006: Interview She passed

October 26, 2006: Arrival Date in the United States

November 09, 2006: Married

January 01, 2007: Moved from Florida to Kansas City (job related, not by choice)

January 12, 2007: Mailed paperwork for AOS, EAD, travel

January 18, 2007: Chicago received petitions

February 06, 2007: Biometrics appointment

Timeline
This reply is mainly for travlnmannn, so congratulations to the two of you. You have a date to mark down on your calendar! Our fiancee's had interviews on October 16 and passed. Three days later, my fiancee sent me a text message saying she had her visa in hand. It was like a weight being lifted off my shoulders after a 7 month journey so far. So I wish you the best when she arrives to Chicago.

As for the original post, I hope that Cam is joking in some way. Leaving the woman you love and not knowing when you will meet again is a very touching moment. I still remember seeing Irina for the last time as she saw me off at the Moscow airport before taking the 12 hour train ride back to where she lives in Cheboksary. It is a memory I will cherish forever. I thank him for this post by giving me the chance to remember my last sight of Irina. It is a nice, warm thought as I await her arrival to me on Thursday October 26, just a few days away.

Thanks Dan. And congrats to the both of you as well. I just wish my fiance was coming as soon as yours is. Galina has her visa in her hand (which was as well for me a great weight lifted off my shoulders) as well. I wish you the best as well. Now a new part of the journey begins which can be just as hard as the one we've just finished. We of course should always remember that communication is the key to good relationships.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

I'm going to get slaughtered for this....... but,

Personally, I don't see the problem with partaking in the "services" of a working girl while in Russia. Cam (or anyone else for that matter) while on their first visit there is seeing for the first time the cornucopia of delicious women that are "available" that are not "available" in the States. This is something that exists. It is real. And for some people, it's too much to hold back from.

I guess I have more of a detached view on the whole situation. I look at it like this: If someone's going to meet someone for the first time to establish a loving relationship, maybe they don't want to mess it up with the pressures of making it sexual. However, they still want to have sex, so why not have sex with someone extremely attractive, and at a (very) affordable price? Then, later after the love devolopes, they'll be 100% faithful to their S/O, but in the mean time, they'll be able to have the sex they want to have, without complicating their relationship with the S/O.

I guess I just feel that it's natural for (men especially, and I'm not saying all men here, just a majority of the younger ones) people to want to have sex, and if they can, they will. What's so wrong about acknowledging the fact that it is the way it is? Is it because it doesn't happen to be like that for you, that it's "wrong?" Or is it the fact that simply because it's prostitution it's wrong?

(And just a quick newsflash: "Cheating" with a prostitute is WAY less significant than cheating with someone down the street or at work or that you met at the grocery store or whatever.)

Allright..... flame on!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I'm gonna be nice slim and say that I totally disagree with your view. I'm just letting it out easy but I'm sure there is a barrage of posts that will follow to dispute your words. I can get all the sex I want here in the states. Maybe it's because of your appearance that shy's women away from you. But for sure I have no problem in this department. I dont like to be so vain but it's life. Dont think for one minute that a woman doesn't judge you by your looks. In Russia and other countries women dont first see the looks as much as they might see that your American and it can be the chance of a good life. So good for you slim if thats what it takes for you to get laid I wish you luck with your Russian woman. I hope that you truly dont have such views that will corrode your relationship with your fiancee. Or maybe you'll get what you deserve ?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
but it's people like Cam that give all of you a bad name...ya know?
Yeah - I know. Some people are simply incapable of seeing others as individuals, rather than just a stereotype. I understand completely.

Good luck to you.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Personally, I don't see the problem with partaking in the "services" of a working girl while in Russia. Cam (or anyone else for that matter) while on their first visit there is seeing for the first time the cornucopia of delicious women that are "available" that are not "available" in the States. This is something that exists. It is real. And for some people, it's too much to hold back from.

I guess I have more of a detached view on the whole situation. I look at it like this: If someone's going to meet someone for the first time to establish a loving relationship, maybe they don't want to mess it up with the pressures of making it sexual. However, they still want to have sex, so why not have sex with someone extremely attractive, and at a (very) affordable price? Then, later after the love devolopes, they'll be 100% faithful to their S/O, but in the mean time, they'll be able to have the sex they want to have, without complicating their relationship with the S/O.

I guess I just feel that it's natural for (men especially, and I'm not saying all men here, just a majority of the younger ones) people to want to have sex, and if they can, they will. What's so wrong about acknowledging the fact that it is the way it is? Is it because it doesn't happen to be like that for you, that it's "wrong?" Or is it the fact that simply because it's prostitution it's wrong?

(And just a quick newsflash: "Cheating" with a prostitute is WAY less significant than cheating with someone down the street or at work or that you met at the grocery store or whatever.)

Allright..... flame on!

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Timeline

Allright..... flame on!

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

There is just TOO MUCH testosterone penetrating this forum! Reading this post at least, I couldn't help but mention this. The Middle East/North Africa forum seems so female in comparison, and frankly less jumpy if maybe a little more backbiting. But it's much more FUN. And they talk about other things besides how hot Middle East guys are. But they must be hot if all the girls are looking there--maybe they're just not into pushing that aspect and I think that's a confidence issue.

And the whole idea that a prostitute is somehow OK, better than someone you know...I think I'd feel much MUCH worse about the prostitute.

But, really, can't anybody say just about anything they want to here?

Pass the :pop:

--the (hot) RW

(who mainly stays away from here so she probably doesn't quite understand the complex personalities and nuances of those involved, sorry.)

NOA1: April 6, 2006

IMBRA RFE: July 17, 2006

RFE #2: September 25, 2006

OMG a touch!: October 5, 2006

another touch!: October 7, 2006

hey, back up a minute...

APPROVED!!! October 4, 2006, received letter October 16, 2006

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Allright..... flame on!

I need the smiley zipping its mouth shut -- where is it when I need it??? dang.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm going to get slaughtered for this....... but, Personally, I don't see the problem with partaking in the "services" of a working girl while in Russia.
Well....I don't have any problem with prostitution in general. I would never go to one, but to each their own. I think it should definitely be legal (my wife tells me it is not legal in Russia by the way). After all, what's the difference between selling out and slaving away for "the man" by using your brain, or actually giving some pleasure to someone by using your body? There is no moral issue involved.

The issue here is whether or not it is appropriate to use such services while on a visit to someone you're supposed to be having a relationship with. Personally, I think the answer is of course a resounding, "no ###### way". However, there is a clear, simple, and objective test to determine the truth of the matter. That test is this..... if our good friend Cam tells this girl that he visited a hooker while he was there, then clearly, it's not inappropriate, by his own standards. He isn't trying to hide anything, and this other girl can decide to continue a relationship with him (or not), knowing all the facts. On the other hand, if our good friend Cam conceals this fact, well, then he is clearly ashamed of his actions, has something to hide, believes that telling this girl is not a good idea, and the only reason can be that he believes it will damage this relationship. By hiding this fact, he is clearing lying to her (a lie of omission), and reveals himself to be the dirt bag that we (except Slim) believe him to be. I'm willing to bet this is the case - he will not tell this girl about his visit to the hooker, and based on everything Cam has said since he showed up in this forum, I have no doubt that he is a dirt bag. I knew he would have SOMETHING interesting to say when he came back. I knew he wouldn't let me down - but I thought for sure it would involve being scammed in some way, I didn't expect this. But in the end, he didn't let me down. (:

As for whether or not this is a joke of some kind, no, i don't think so. Cam has demonstrated himself to be a dirt bag with most of his posts. Visiting hookers is something that seems to be in his character. I'm not surprised he would visit a hooker, but given the level of intelligence he has displayed on here however, I am surprised that he managed to successfully negotiate the transaction. She must have spoken pretty good English. My guess is he overpaid though. My wife says hookers in Kazan go for $5-$10/hr (sometimes they advertise I guess). In Moscow, it's no doubt quite higher. She also says that diseases are a really big problem - so we can all only hope that Cam made the wise choice to wrap his willy. However, given the attitudes toward birth control in Russia, it's a fair bet that this isn't the case. All the more reason why he should tell anyone he choses to be involved with about his hooker visiting habits, which of course, I would bet money he will not do. So, how about it Cam, will you tell these girls you are communicating with about your hooker experience? Why, or why not?

On an unrelated note, I personally think that anyone who is spending time with hookers isn't ready for marriage with any woman, regardless of where she is from, or what twisted logic one uses to justify it.

YOUR forum??? I didn't see your name over the door, sorry!
I said OUR forum, not MY forum. Pinhead.
Aside from that, I have READ other topics that have been brought up in VJ's Russian forum, and have previously bitten my tongue. So just maybe it's you that needs to be hit with the sarcasm stick and not me
Nice try. Thanks for playing, pinhead.
There is just TOO MUCH testosterone penetrating this forum! Reading this post at least, I couldn't help but mention this. The Middle East/North Africa forum seems so female in comparison, and frankly less jumpy if maybe a little more backbiting. But it's much more FUN....(who mainly stays away from here so she probably doesn't quite understand the complex personalities and nuances of those involved, sorry.)
Good lord. Then go the ###### away. No one is forcing you to come here. Don't let the door hit you on the ### on the way out.

What is it with the people who come here, who have nothing to do with Russian/US immigration issues, contribute NOTHING to the forum, and pollute the threads with their off-topic #######? You people contribute nothing, so why are you here? Have you people nothing better to do? Jezz.

Cheers, and good luck to all!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think prostitution is disgusting...that's just my personal opinion...I would NEVER be with a man who had been with one - and I'd bet most A.W would agree...just one more reason for some of ya'll to cross us off your list :P

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.