Lovecouple

Proofs of ongoing relatioship ... Do we need more?

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum and I have a question about a establishing proof of our relationship.

My fiancé and I will be applying for the K1 visa next month. We almost hae everything ready to send, but he is in Brazil now and we will file the forms when he returns next month.

We met each other in July of 2010 and have had a relationship since August 2010. Since our first meeting in Rio, he has returned to Brazil to see me five times. When he comes, he stays with me and my family and last summer, he lived at my place for nearly five months.

We filled out all the forms and we are finishing putting together all of our "proof." As of now, we have: 1 email for each month since we started our relationship, his credit cards statements showing that he spent money in Brazil, all copies of his airline tickets (including our ticket to Chile and some Brazilian cities), 1 envelope that he sent me, 36 photos of us since we met, hotels receipts, passport stamps, a bill addressed to him that came to my address, and that's about it.

How do people feel about this evidence? Is this sufficient? Do you think we need more?

Thanks you everyone!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Pretty good. Approved! :D

Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum and I have a question about a establishing proof of our relationship.

My fiancé and I will be applying for the K1 visa next month. We almost hae everything ready to send, but he is in Brazil now and we will file the forms when he returns next month.

We met each other in July of 2010 and have had a relationship since August 2010. Since our first meeting in Rio, he has returned to Brazil to see me five times. When he comes, he stays with me and my family and last summer, he lived at my place for nearly five months.

We filled out all the forms and we are finishing putting together all of our "proof." As of now, we have: 1 email for each month since we started our relationship, his credit cards statements showing that he spent money in Brazil, all copies of his airline tickets (including our ticket to Chile and some Brazilian cities), 1 envelope that he sent me, 36 photos of us since we met, hotels receipts, passport stamps, a bill addressed to him that came to my address, and that's about it.

How do people feel about this evidence? Is this sufficient? Do you think we need more?

Thanks you everyone!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks you everyone!!

You do not need more. The passport stamps, hotel receipts, copies of his airline tickets and a few photos will be enough to prove you have met in person face-to-face within the last 2 years prior to filing the I-129F petition. So, you have more than enough. Good luck!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks!!

Also how can I organize the papers to send? Just put in an envelope? Or I need to do some special thing?

Timeline

You have more than enough proof. In fact, all of that is not even required for the initial petition. It is needed later on for the interview stage, but you can send it in with the petition if you like. Why not send it in now and get a month head start rather than waiting for him to get here next month?

You can send everything in one of those large clasp envelopes. You are not required to send it in any specific form just whatever will do the job.

K-1 Visa
04-29-2011: I-129F Sent
05-05-2011: I-129F NOA1
07-18-2011: I-129F NOA2
08-08-2011: NVC Received
08-09-2011: NVC Left
08-10-2011: Consulate Received
08-26-2011: Consulate mailed Packet 3 (invitation letter)
09-01-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in US
09-10-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in Mexico
09-22-2011: Interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2011: DHL Waybill number appears in the afternoon
10-05-2011: Picked up visa from DHL office
11-08-2011: POE Houston, Texas
11-19-2011: Married!

AOS
12-06-2011: Applied for Social Security Number
12-08-2011: AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131, and supporting docs)
12-12-2011: Received Social Security Number and card in the mail
12-20-2011: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131
01-06-2012: Completed ASC appointment
02-02-2012: Received appointment notice for AOS interview on March 1, 2012
03-01-2012: Green card interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012: Green card received

ROC

12-27-2013: I-751 Sent

01-02-2014: Received NOA1 for I-751

01-24-2014: Completed ASC appointment

04-01-2014: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview)

CITIZENSHIP

11-14-2016: N-400 Sent

05-19-2017: Naturalization interview:  APPROVED!!!!!!!

06-28-2017: Citizenship ceremony

Timeline

Thanks!!

Also how can I organize the papers to send? Just put in an envelope? Or I need to do some special thing?

You can just paperclip together certain sections and add the cover letter with the check paper-clipped to it on the top. You can either put them in an envelope like that, or clip them all together with a larger paper clamp/clip first. USCIS will take it all apart and organize it how they want it in one of their own folders anyway.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You have more than enough proof. In fact, all of that is not even required for the initial petition. It is needed later on for the interview stage, but you can send it in with the petition if you like. Why not send it in now and get a month head start rather than waiting for him to get here next month?

You can send everything in one of those large clasp envelopes. You are not required to send it in any specific form just whatever will do the job.

He is returning to US next Sunday then he will send all paperwork on 1st August.

Thanks for yr reply

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

More than enough. You have met the requirements of primary and secondary evidence. Make sure you keep a binder, or something, with all of your evidence, records, etc.... until you are finished with this process.

Boa Sorte

One other piece of advise. When sending in the application, go over it, then re-go over it, and check it again.. to make sure everything is filled out correctly, no missing checkmarks, and empty lines get a N/A inserted into them. Someone just 2 days ago got a RFE for not checking a box.

Also, photocopy your entire application, if anything should happen, you have a back-up at your disposal. (ok that was more than one piece of advise :bonk: )

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Nothing is more.... The more you prepared when filing, less you will need to prepare before interview :thumbs:

And of course, higher chance to pass!

Edited by Ryan&Rain

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

GOOD LUCK!!!!

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks!

We just finished all paperwork and review a lot of times! I hope everything is ok!

We will send next wednesday once my fiance arrives in USA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Woah.. I think you have more than enough! we only sent in 2 photos. hahahaha.. anyway, we got RFEs for proof of meeting because I didn't make copies all pages on my passport (just my bio page and the stamp pages). So make sure you make copies of his passport from Bio page to the last page of the stamps.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.