4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

Has anybody ever successfully expedited this process?

I'm asking because we might be moving to Korea (on gov. orders) before the year is over. Much too short timeframe to still recieve the card the "normal" way.

Would this be a good reason to ask for an expedite or should we not worry about it?

I do have a European passport of course and have no idea yet how long it would take to get a Korean visa or whatever it is that we will have to do.

It would at least make it much easier to have the 10 yr card already before we go abroad for several years.

We are using my husband's parents' address for everything so that they won't ever have to change a mailing address. I don't trust the USCIS that much. ^^

Any thoughts?

Alles wird gut und wenn es noch nicht gut ist, ist es noch nicht vorbei.

US Citizen as of Arpil 17 2014

Has anybody ever successfully expedited this process?

I'm asking because we might be moving to Korea (on gov. orders) before the year is over. Much too short timeframe to still recieve the card the "normal" way.

Would this be a good reason to ask for an expedite or should we not worry about it?

I do have a European passport of course and have no idea yet how long it would take to get a Korean visa or whatever it is that we will have to do.

It would at least make it much easier to have the 10 yr card already before we go abroad for several years.

We are using my husband's parents' address for everything so that they won't ever have to change a mailing address. I don't trust the USCIS that much. ^^

Any thoughts?

MSD

If your spouse is PCSing on gov. Orders and you are on the orders to leave with him, they will expedite your case. Just call the military helpline and tell them you want to expedite your case. I just called about a week ago to have mine expedited because I'm joining the military and my husband is also deploying. They transferred me to a level 2 who sent VSC a request on my behalf and said they will reply to me via email within 5 days. The very next day they wrote back saying that I needed to fax or mail over a letter saying why I need my case expedited and a copy of my husband's orders or a letter from his commander. They also gave me 20 days to submit the info to get the expedite approved. I'm sure they will expedite your case so long as u can prove that you will be leaving with your spouse and not getting the card in time will cause hardship for you and your family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.