oldbie215

husband doesnt want to file AOS

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good day everyone.. i just need your advice guys.. what should i do?my husband doesnt want to file my AOS..i been here in US for over a year now and i entered here thru K-1 visa and we got married..but my problem my husband dont want to file my AOS..i thought he will gonna file coz he told me he will for the last couple months but then all of a sudden he told me now that he dont wanna to do it..what's the best thing for me to do guys... really worried and sad..:( pls any advice i will really appreciate it..

Have a good day all and thanks in advance!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day everyone.. i just need your advice guys.. what should i do?my husband doesnt want to file my AOS..i been here in US for over a year now and i entered here thru K-1 visa and we got married..but my problem my husband dont want to file my AOS..i thought he will gonna file coz he told me he will for the last couple months but then all of a sudden he told me now that he dont wanna to do it..what's the best thing for me to do guys... really worried and sad..:( pls any advice i will really appreciate it..

@shane22, here's a link to a similar topic. hope it helps: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365750-husband-doesnt-want-to-file-papers/

thank u for the replies guys.. one of the reason why he cannot file my paper is that he dont have money for the filing fee and so on..and until now he didnt file his tax yet coz we really having a hard time in financial situation.. his a self employed remodeling houses.. sometimes he doenst have work that really makes us having a hard time.. dont what to do anymore..all i can do is cry..makes me crazy.. if i can turn back time im not gonna come here...its hard living with all lies..my husband is lying to me.. he make me like a fool.. :(:(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gather all you're strength and seek for legal advise ask help from your friends too about finances...what country where u from? and you husband is he American?

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

If you've been here a year already your medical is expired. So you're also going to incur the cost of a medical on top of the AOS. It could be his income no longer qualifies to sponsor you. Did you have a co-sponsor for getting the K-1? You're in a hard situation right now, I really feel bad for what you're going through. But if you and your husband can make getting your green card a priority, you could start working and helping the family income. You might want to give your husband the benefit of the doubt and not say he doesn't want to file, if you don't have the money for the fee and medical, you can't file. Try to get everything put together so you are ready to file, then do everything you can to start setting money aside to file. If he no longer makes enough money, see if a family member will co-sponsor. Good luck to you. I hope your husband finds more work soon, so you can get this in process.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm going to get nit-picky here. :devil:

Your husband is already a US citizen. He doesn't file for adjustment of status. You do. The only thing your husband needs to do is submit an affidavit of support along with your adjustment of status paperwork. I'm guessing that if you guys had the money to pay the AOS fees then your husband would be willing to sign an affidavit of support.

When you say "My husband won't file my AOS" what you're really saying is "My husband won't give me the money so I can file my AOS". You've already explained why this is true. Your husband isn't getting enough work, and simply doesn't have the money. Apparently, he doesn't have the money to file his taxes yet, either. If he's a sensible person then he understands the consequences of not filing his taxes are potentially more severe than not paying for your adjustment of status. What's more, his affidavit of support won't be accepted if he hasn't filed his taxes yet.

Here's a little insight into the psychology of the male human...

Nothing bothers men more than financial problems. Men like to think of themselves as being the providers for their family. When they have difficulty fulfilling this role then they can become deeply depressed, and it can seriously affect their mood. Jumping on their backs about it will only make things profoundly worse.

Sit down and have a talk with your husband, with specific emphasis on the fact that you'd like to try to help him. Do you give him ####### about buying you new clothes or taking you out to nice restaurants? Tell him you'll stop doing that so that you two can save a little money every month. Tell him you'll eat ramen noodles or Kraft macaroni if it will help to lighten up your budget and save some money. Tell him you'll skip the monthly remittances you send back to your family, or the $100+ in calling cards, or the fancy smart phone with the data plan, or the 400 cable TV channels. Tell him you'll do whatever it takes to help get your household finances in order and save the money you need to pay the fees.

Your husband is not your enemy. He's the only one who can help you do this, but you've got to help him.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Could not agree more with you!

I'm going to get nit-picky here. :devil:

Your husband is already a US citizen. He doesn't file for adjustment of status. You do. The only thing your husband needs to do is submit an affidavit of support along with your adjustment of status paperwork. I'm guessing that if you guys had the money to pay the AOS fees then your husband would be willing to sign an affidavit of support.

When you say "My husband won't file my AOS" what you're really saying is "My husband won't give me the money so I can file my AOS". You've already explained why this is true. Your husband isn't getting enough work, and simply doesn't have the money. Apparently, he doesn't have the money to file his taxes yet, either. If he's a sensible person then he understands the consequences of not filing his taxes are potentially more severe than not paying for your adjustment of status. What's more, his affidavit of support won't be accepted if he hasn't filed his taxes yet.

Here's a little insight into the psychology of the male human...

Nothing bothers men more than financial problems. Men like to think of themselves as being the providers for their family. When they have difficulty fulfilling this role then they can become deeply depressed, and it can seriously affect their mood. Jumping on their backs about it will only make things profoundly worse.

Sit down and have a talk with your husband, with specific emphasis on the fact that you'd like to try to help him. Do you give him ####### about buying you new clothes or taking you out to nice restaurants? Tell him you'll stop doing that so that you two can save a little money every month. Tell him you'll eat ramen noodles or Kraft macaroni if it will help to lighten up your budget and save some money. Tell him you'll skip the monthly remittances you send back to your family, or the $100+ in calling cards, or the fancy smart phone with the data plan, or the 400 cable TV channels. Tell him you'll do whatever it takes to help get your household finances in order and save the money you need to pay the fees.

Your husband is not your enemy. He's the only one who can help you do this, but you've got to help him.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

make some small income generating projects. babysit kids of neighbors/friends, borrow money from friends, borrow money from back home (i did this), do some garage sales ( i don't mind letting go of some stuffs for my AOS). look for co-sponsor. list some prospective co-sponsors. approached each one of them. always think positive. trust me, there is for sure one of them that would be willing to help you. list even those whom you know but are in the other state you're in. call them and ask them. prepare all documents. write up and ready everything that all your husband needs to do would be to sign. as well as for your co-sponsor. work on the solutions. loosen up on the problems. God bless and good luck

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i arrived in our home in the US, i suggested to my husband to cut our cable, phone, internet bundle. my husband ended his entire account on this provider. and then, i applied as new costumer. we cut down more or less, $100 on our bills for this. i started clipping coupons and only buy those on sale and are free after coupons. we save a lot on this too. our landline phone was disconnected along with the bundle. we have our cellphones, anyhow. so, it was really not necessary. we only buy clothes for gifts on special occasions. we have still enough clothes to wear. we're planning to change our wardrobe after 10 years. lol. no kidding. that's our plan. we're trying to save every penny we can to survive in this country. i am just glad my husband supports me all the way. we never get to buy toothpaste anymore. they're free and most of the time, i get a sample on the mail. thanks to a private group in facebook called pretty ladies, i'm able to be updated on any sample available. been a member to all those blog sites they recommended and i could get to order free sample everyday. hope i am able to share some infos to save. i learned a lot when i came to the US. i was pampered back home. i buy, travel and spend money whenever i want back home. never thinking of saving. i grow up when i migrated here. and it's a good thing. marriage life in the US is for me, somewhat, a challenge but a welcome challenge. we need to learn things ASAP. that's life is all about.i love my husband more. he always encourages me whatever things i am planning to do to save.

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Jim is spot on when it comes to the financial aspect, at least with the majority of males. And same goes for taxes, it is neccessary for AOS.

Anyways, my husband and I sat down and figured that taking a loan, file AOS, get EAD and help pay the loan was MUCH cheaper than having me to wait around, redoing medical and in general, being an expense without income.. So to speak. How about that solution? You could easily set up a joint account in the bank to transfer funds to and pay off loan through that account. Your husband starts paying off, you take over by the time you have a job? EAD usually takes around 90 days and costs nothing when submitted with i485.

You most likely will have to do the medical again since it's more than a year sine your POE.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.