dwheels76

More Evidence at NVC Stage

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wanted to ask those who have, know someone who has or just your opinions are okay. I am now at NVC (well case on its way soon to arrive and get my case#). I have been keeping a folder of more evidence of on going relationship part II the insurance, pension survivor beneficiary, emergency contacts, Social security survivor beneficiary,bank accounts, utilities, more chats, emails, phone records, etc...

Since we know there's no guarantee any more evidence will be requested at interview should I send with my AOS packet more evidence? Isf so which do you feel is the best kind. I did front-load real good, Not too crazy. Just samples of emails for every month for a year (I have 3 years worth). I mean I could print the 5000 pages of text message, 799 of Facebook emails, 5000 to 7000 Hotmail emails but really who wants that.

Just wondering if adding at NVC could slow stuff down or is it a help, hindrance or one of those who knows can't hurt things.

All suggestions and comments are welcomed.whistling.gif

**Oh what to bring to the interview** blink.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

No

You will just give them more fuel to deny on. And it isn't part of the offically reviewed evidence. It puts the mess in a odd place as far as the petition goes ( I actually suspect because it wasn't offically reviewed the procedure would be to dispose of it without informing you giving you false hope that it was includied)

When it comes interview time. Gather your emails/texts/ ?? into screens. Print each screen set of the inbox. Then decide a noce even number ( 50 ,100 , 500 ?) that will give you a decent number of samples. Print every Xth item and highlight it in the master list.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

No

You will just give them more fuel to deny on. And it isn't part of the offically reviewed evidence. It puts the mess in a odd place as far as the petition goes ( I actually suspect because it wasn't offically reviewed the procedure would be to dispose of it without informing you giving you false hope that it was includied)

When it comes interview time. Gather your emails/texts/ ?? into screens. Print each screen set of the inbox. Then decide a noce even number ( 50 ,100 , 500 ?) that will give you a decent number of samples. Print every Xth item and highlight it in the master list.

WOW never thought of that. I men I guess its like aside stepping USCIS and seeking stuff in. I see really no need to add I feel good with what is there. Now the fun of getting tat interview bundle together. Thank you. I appreciate and value your input

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i was actually planning on sending more evidence to NVC, i have read some threads about that and some people say its okay to do that, some people say it might slow your process. kinda confused about what to do blush.gif well i guess i just have to bring anymore evidence to the interview..................

thank you NigeriaorBust for ur reply

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

Winnie George, I am planning to add more evidence to my NVC packet when it arrives. I do not have an immigration lawyer however I did invest an hour with one who gave me great tips.

One that I will be adding are the copies of the WU receipts showing that I have been supporting my husband over an extended period of time. Also learned to make sure that any statements made in the initial petition have supporting documents, pics, receipts, etc. So I am glad I took the time and money to talk with someone with experience. The lawyer did advise to add to the NVC packet so that is what I am going to do.

Timeline

dwheels76, I'm so excited to hear that your case number is on the way. There's hope for us as I filed just a few weeks after you. Today makes it 90 days so far since the petition was received. Hope ours is coming soon too.

Timeline

Winnie George, I am planning to add more evidence to my NVC packet when it arrives. I do not have an immigration lawyer however I did invest an hour with one who gave me great tips.

One that I will be adding are the copies of the WU receipts showing that I have been supporting my husband over an extended period of time. Also learned to make sure that any statements made in the initial petition have supporting documents, pics, receipts, etc. So I am glad I took the time and money to talk with someone with experience. The lawyer did advise to add to the NVC packet so that is what I am going to do.

I was told (not by a lawyer of course) not to include WU info on money sent to my husband because that could be looked at in a negitive light.... This is such a confusing process on what you should and should not send....and maybe the difference would be the amount I have only sent a few hundred not really supporting him just birthday and helping out from time to time.. Anyway if you think that will be helpful I could use all the help I can get lol

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Debbie, I asked the same question and got the same answer. Then I did some research, but I can't seem to find the link now!! I just hate that, but it was someone talking to Darnell about how he had specifically spoken to supervisors at the NVC and he asked specific questions about this topic. They stated that you could in fact send additional evidence with the ds-230 packet, not the AOS packet. Hopefully Darnell will see this and respond with the link I can't find.

I will be frontloading at the NVC due to the fact of Nigeria being a difficult embassy.

@AlexBa I do not believe that you sending in WU receipts that you've sent your husband money is a good idea.

Good Luck to all of you on your processes!! :star:

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

Timeline

The lawyer I spoke with said that the receipts show that as a married couple we are discussing and handling our finances together. I am still going to add at NVC stage. This lawyer is very experienced (over 30 yrs)solely dealing with immigration. I will let all know how things turn out after the interview stage.

Timeline

Marc Ellis didn't recommend adding things at NVC , frontloading the original submission but not at NVC. The issue is the added ifor has not been reviewed, it can be used as evidence for grounds to deny but is NOT part of the approved petition. The approved petition is what was examined by the adjudacator. If the petition if faulty then it can still be denied even if you atempt to pad it in the middle. The denial has to be based on something was not known to the person that approved the petition. You are about to provide them with a pile of things not known to that person. It may not go the way you think.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

The lawyer I spoke with said that the receipts show that as a married couple we are discussing and handling our finances together. I am still going to add at NVC stage. This lawyer is very experienced (over 30 yrs)solely dealing with immigration. I will let all know how things turn out after the interview stage.

Has your lawyer experience with Lagos ? It is one thing to intermingle finances and another to support someone in a high fraud country.

Remember it depends on what country/consulate you are dealing with when it comes to submitting WU's or not. I would get a 2. opinion from a lawyer

who deals with Lagos on that issue.

Personally I would not submit them but instead show a mutual bank/savings account if that is possible, that shows both of your funds co mingled, not just support from your side which can be interpreted the wrong way. I have read many posts where the CO made degrading remarks about such financial support coming from the woman to the man.

It may work for a European country but careful with Lagos. When sending only Birthday/Christmas gift WU's be careful as well because the next question may be ok and what did he send you ? In other words what have you done for me lately baby ! The burden of proof of genuine intentions is with the beneficiary. Last but not least, if someone would submit WU's from the beneficiary to the petitioner then it would be misconstrued as him "buying" his visa from you. With WU's you really can't win much either way you look at it with some consulates.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Regular WU reciepts to Lagos imply more that the Nigerian has found a person to take money from than proof of marital bliss. Your spouse was living before you came along , and the CO's in Lagos are well aware of the tricks used by bad boys to milk money from others. you should never treat Lagos like any other place.

Timeline

When it comes to front loading application,it better to do it at the initial stage before approval by the USCIS.After the approval,what exactly are you front loading again?The requested forms for NVC and AOS is to finalized the process and make your beneficiary ready for an interview.For other ongoing relationship evidences,keep them and hand it over to him when going for interview.

Timeline

Thanks to Olomi_811 I realized the link I had mentioned was also a part of the thread in the link she put above.

Here is the link from Darnell that I mentioned about adding the evidence to the NVC stage.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__st__60__p__4100571#entry4100571

Hope everyone decides what is best for their case. At least seek the knowledge to make an informed decision either way!

Edited by Kayode&Ginie

10-11-2012: Interview DENIED

09-10-2013: REAFFIRMED

12-18-2013: 2nd Interview APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.