hoping4happiness

Need help, I am very worried...

146 posts in this topic

Alrighty, I did my part.

Isn't that, preaching to the choir? I know it sounds cliche, but this is a classic- cliche- example.

It seems this guy- the asthma patient fighting for his well-deserved financial portion- has 'indoctrinated' her into a muslimy muslimness tradition that is somewhat.... untrue.

Kat made her point with her portion of indoctrination: they say that to create a make-believe world and then..... boom!

And that part, is not exclusive to MENA muslims. We've heard the fraudulent stories one-too-many times.

I, the non-Muslim in this here MO, tend to agree. Since when does the potential future wife have to convert? Yeah, and that stuff about not dating or talking on the phone? That's, ah, also in the somewhat untrue category ... and probably borders on WTH.

This sounds like 'another bites the dust.'

Sorry, had to make a Freddy Mercury reference. :D

Lookie here, sistah, I am the MO Music Conductor Extraordinaire, and I'm DJing the tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWOdASBjm0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't know if she intended to be condescending (although it did kind of rub the wrong way when posted in this particular forum.) Sometimes, when people discover something new - something that maybe they or their family or their social circle has been previously completely unfamiliar with - they have the perception that it may well be something many other people don't know much about, either. I think she was just enthusing... but she has landed in the lap of long experience now :D

I love your last graph more than cooked food.

This is very true!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There has to a prize for working in culottes in the conversation. Sticking it to the patriarchy in Egypt through culottes and wedding day smooches. (I hope the culottes were not part of the wedding day wardrobe!)

I'm just playing Tamara :)

but of course they were! You do not think I will wear a dress from head to toe in 120 degree weather madam! My wedding day was the hottest day of my life in Egypt! After that it was back to jeans and a tshirt :D

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah I don't think she was trying to be condescending either. I think she was just trying to explain something about the religion that she thought most people here wouldn't know.

I don't know if she intended to be condescending (although it did kind of rub the wrong way when posted in this particular forum.) Sometimes, when people discover something new - something that maybe they or their family or their social circle has been previously completely unfamiliar with - they have the perception that it may well be something many other people don't know much about, either. I think she was just enthusing... but she has landed in the lap of long experience now :D

I love your last graph more than cooked food.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't think she was trying but I'm sorry...you don't come to the "Middle East North Africa" forum and act like Christopher Columbus. Pretty sure women who have been married to MENA men for years would know a thing or two about Islam.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

but she being new and most the rest of us being involved with MENA for 5-20 years... it comes off like shes got a monopoly on the culture....

It did come off badly. But - she's got all us veterans to consult nao :D

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

It did come off badly. But - she's got all us veterans to consult nao :D

LOL yes. We will show her the way! That way involves sending chocolate tribute, right?

Timeline

I think we can make a couple safe predictions. For example, I am sure he is Egyptian. I also am sure there is not an octopus involved in this story.

I'm all over this conducting job.

yay!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just wanna know if hes ok, in hospital, or is she gonna kick his tail

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

I think we can make a couple safe predictions. For example, I am sure he is Egyptian. I also am sure there is not an octopus involved in this story.

I feel comfortable saying your predictions are correct.

And I'll top it off with this: NOBODY's name is Hot Stuff Leather Pants.

But that's IT!

Timeline

I feel comfortable saying your predictions are correct.

And I'll top it off with this: NOBODY's name is Hot Stuff Leather Pants.

But that's IT!

Dangit, so that name is out?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.