hollywood251

NVC asking for documents that are already sent

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I sent in my I-864 and joint petitioner documents along with my original I-130 package. It was my understanding that doing this would save us time when the case got to NVC. I have gotten my case number and paid my IV and AOS forms, however NVC keeps asking me to send the I-184 forms when in fact they have already been sent. I have told them this 4 times through email but I seem to get canned responses from people who don't even read it. Do I need to send it again? Is there a number I can call?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

I sent in my I-864 and joint petitioner documents along with my original I-130 package. It was my understanding that doing this would save us time when the case got to NVC. I have gotten my case number and paid my IV and AOS forms, however NVC keeps asking me to send the I-184 forms when in fact they have already been sent. I have told them this 4 times through email but I seem to get canned responses from people who don't even read it. Do I need to send it again? Is there a number I can call?

Hey Hollywood....I also made the mistake of sending my I-864 with my I-130 petition. I am now understanding that we must re-submit the I-864 to the NVC. I don't know why....but that's the way they work....

Hey Hollywood....I also made the mistake of sending my I-864 with my I-130 petition. I am now understanding that we must re-submit the I-864 to the NVC. I don't know why....but that's the way they work....

Well that sucks....where did you find this out?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well that sucks....where did you find this out?

I did not hear it officially from NVC.....but an organizer member (Saylin) on this site told me I will probably have to re-submit the I-864.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I have an attorney doing mine and the same thing happened - he called NVC and they said it was fine - that they automatically send that notice out so people don't forget to send in their I-864 form. However, I would talk to somebody there instead of emailing.

Thanks

Hello all,

Hi Hollywood251...

we also received a notice, and as what I read it says:

" E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message."

so my husband will call NVC later to check. here are the info.

For inquiries about visa cases and the application process call: 202-663-1225.

To reach the National Visa Center (Immigrant visa inquiries,

including assistance regarding the new DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application) call: 603-334-0700

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Well I just got off the phone with the NVC and they said I must send it again. So all of you out there going through this, you must send it again because they said it doesn't count, whatever that means.

I would think the people in CA Service Center don't need those forms there; so if sent, they probably discarded them, or did not mind if they were not with the package forwarded on to the NVC.

I would think the people in CA Service Center don't need those forms there; so if sent, they probably discarded them, or did not mind if they were not with the package forwarded on to the NVC.

Even so, they were obviously sent for a reason and shouldn't just be discarded like that.

Hello all,

Sorry, but you do NOT send the I-864 to USCIS. No where in the I-130 instructions does it say to do this. You should have followed instructions. If it were possible to save time by sending the I-864 with the I-130, it would be ALL over VisaJourney. But it's not. And for good reason. The I-864 needs to be sent at the NVC stage, after the respective bill is paid. Unfortunately, you have no choice but to send it again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.