Joker69

Political Asylum and Citizenship

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

what do you mean there not doing fbi check? what are they doing ?...you sure i can travel yes yes!

They not doing FBI check right now. They have done with that and u can still travel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

oh ok great news ! thanks for all the good info appreciated!

Yep u still can travel as long as ur green card is not expired and yes they have done with ur back growing check

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes as long as your GC is good you're free to travel.

As for them being done with your FBI checks that is not necessarily true, they could be still running them. When we got the Senators office involved we were told that they do another final review and that can mean another or the same FBI check still going on. Just because you had your interview does not mean they were done with their checks. I'm sure just like my horribly long wait you will be approved too.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

thank you so much for your input Ontarkie! Today conclude my 120 days of waiting ...now it's time for a vacation for 2 weeks back to my the motherland ....will see what happens them ...but are you sure they won't detain me coming back that kind of scare me got my greedcard expired 2014!

Yes as long as your GC is good you're free to travel.

As for them being done with your FBI checks that is not necessarily true, they could be still running them. When we got the Senators office involved we were told that they do another final review and that can mean another or the same FBI check still going on. Just because you had your interview does not mean they were done with their checks. I'm sure just like my horribly long wait you will be approved too.

So you have political asylum? Did you ever think that they are also looking into the trips you have taken to your mother land?? If you political asylum, why would you go back to a place that you escape?? Just wondering

11/14/2011 Sent N-400 (Texas Lockbox)

11/16/2011 Priority Date

01/06/2012 Biometrics letter sent out

02/01/2012 Biometrics Done (Charlotte, NC)

02/03/2012 Placed in line for interview

04/16/2012 Interview Letter Sent

05/22/2012 Interview Date (Cancelled)

xx/xx/2012 Oath Date

Timeline

i wish i knew what they looking at but i know it has to do with my arrest record forsure....

So you have political asylum? Did you ever think that they are also looking into the trips you have taken to your mother land?? If you political asylum, why would you go back to a place that you escape?? Just wondering

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

i wish i knew what they looking at but i know it has to do with my arrest record forsure....

Nahh I dt think so. A fried of mine who is political asylum and traveled back to his mother land country and still be able to become a USC. He was approved quick

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Like I said before. When uscis takes long to make a decision it usually be a good decision or an approved decision. They usually deny or send the denial letter right after 30 days of the interview. I understand if u dt want to have faith . Good luck amigo may God be with u.

Timeline

MY ONLINE STATUS GOT UPDATE WHAT DOES THIIS MEANS? Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the written decision within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

MY ONLINE STATUS GOT UPDATE WHAT DOES THIIS MEANS? Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. If you have not received the written decision within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Those online status posts aren't always timely. The change does show some sort of "activity" with your file.

Why not call the info line and try to get someone who can give you an update? Or make an infopass at the USCIS office.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.