12 posts in this topic

Immigration Interview

June 14,2012

Officer Chaos Xaing

First my husband was called into the interview and was asked name, address, and date of birth.

2.) Where did you meet your wife and when?

Answer: We met online February 25, 2009 on website

3.) When did you get married and where was the wedding held?

Answer: We got married May 31, 2009 in Orange Park, FL

4.) Where did you work and what are you hours?

Answer: I work at and my hours are start 5:30am and sometimes I get out 3:00pm or 4:00pm and come home sometime between 3:30pm and 4:30pm

5.) Where does your wife work and what are her hours?

Answer: My wife works at . She works 5:45am to 2:30. She is home by 3pm

6.) What color is your house?

Answer: Inside or outside?

Officer say: Your bedroom color?

Answer: White shiney wallpaper

7.) What side of the bed do you sleep?

Answer: I sleep on the right side and my wife sleeps on the left side.

8.) How often do you have intimacy?

Answer:

9.) Do you use protection or does your wife take birth control pill?

Answer: She takes birth control pill

10.) Who drove to the interview? What car did you come in?

Answer: My husband drove to the interview. Car is Mercedes Benz.

11.) Where did you eat dinner at last night?

Answer: Cadillac Ranch in Mall of America

12.) Do you have any arrests?

Answer: No but I have had 6 speeding tickets in 2 years

13.) Do you pay anyone, other than an attorney, for this application?

Answer: No

14.) You want to submit any more papers for this application?

Answer: What would you like? Any other paper I give it to you.

Officer: Give me this year’s income tax from 2011

Answer: There you go.

15.) Do you have anything more to tell me if I approve this case right now?

Answer: We love each other, we respect each other. Our families love us. We go to church together and do great things together. We live together and love each other.

Then officer had me leave the room.

(Then my wife came in the room. )

My wife walked into the room and she did swearing to tell the truth.

1.) How did you and your husband meet and when did you start talking?

Answer: We met online February 25, 2009 on

2.) When did you get married?

Answer: May 31, 2009

3.) What are your husband’s work hours?

Answer: He works 5:30 to 3:30 to 4:30 he gets home.

4.) Where does your husband work?

Answer:

5.) Where was the wedding held?

Answer: Florida

Officer say he is going to ask personal questions….

6.) How often you and your husband have intimacy?

Answer:

7.) Do you use birth control pill?

Answer: yes

8.) What kind?

Answer: Reclipsen

9.) Who drove today to the interview?

Answer: My husband drove to the interview

10.) What color is your bedroom?

Answer: We have shiney white wallpaper walls and green carpet and bed.

11.) Did your parents attend the wedding?

Answer: yes they did

12.)Have you met your husband’s parents?

Answer: Not yet, we hope to see them in India

His parents now live in Kenya

13.) Would you like to add anything to the case?

Answer: We are happy together, love each other, and enjoy live together. My husband means the world to me.

Officer: Thank you, Everything looks good. Drive safe home.

After the interview my husband asked to have a stamp put in his passport. The officer said he wants to review the file and then make decision. Also, the officer didn’t want to because he said that the paper extension he has is still good for a year.

My husband said wish for us good luck. We shook hands and went home

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is not an adjustment of status case - moving from adjustment of status to removal of conditions.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! Very helpful. We have interview in 2 days. Personally i think that these intimacy questions are ridiculous! It's offensive! It's sooooooo inappropriate.Anyone can make this up! It's really inappropriate. Srsly i don't care. I won't answer anything like that. Ask me anything but DO NOT ask me questions like that. It is simply wrong to ask questions like that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! Very helpful. We have interview in 2 days. Personally i think that these intimacy questions are ridiculous! It's offensive! It's sooooooo inappropriate.Anyone can make this up! It's really inappropriate. Srsly i don't care. I won't answer anything like that. Ask me anything but DO NOT ask me questions like that. It is simply wrong to ask questions like that

The OPs interview is not a typical interview. ROC is filed as a joint application by married persons.

When they split you up at an interview it is generally because they believe something is a miss.

Generally people are interviewed together with very typical general questions asked.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Thanks for sharing!

On a side note, I can't believe it's legal for them to ask such personal questions about how often you are intimate with your spouse. That is unbelievably inappropriate and they can ask a ton of other questions to verify the validity of a marriage other than that. Ridiculous.

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for sharing!

On a side note, I can't believe it's legal for them to ask such personal questions about how often you are intimate with your spouse. That is unbelievably inappropriate and they can ask a ton of other questions to verify the validity of a marriage other than that. Ridiculous.

Agreed. I know that myself and my spouse would be very unwilling to answer such a question. Aren't there better questions?

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Agreed. I know that myself and my spouse would be very unwilling to answer such a question. Aren't there better questions?

We pay thousands of dollars for the immigration process, and you would let questions about intimacy hold you back, I was hoping they asked me, I would have given them every detail.

13 February 2009- Mailed I-129F to VSC

17 February 2009- Packet received and signed for by VSC(A. Stanley)

23 February 2009- Check cashed, finally(and away we go)

23 February 2009 - NOA1(dated February 18th)

22 March 2009- Notice of approval NOA2

4,5May 2009- Medical (Passed, 1 more hurdle)

20 May 2009- Interview (PASSED, GOT THAT PINK SLIP)

25 May 2009- CFO

05 OCT 2009- Flight to El Paso, TX

30 OCT 2009-wedding

02 JAN 2010-filed AOS

04 JAN 2010-signed for at 8:52 by CHYBA

01 FEB 2010-Biomerics appointment

02 FEB- touch on ead and 485

26 FEB- EAD and Advanced Parole update approved

06 APR 2010- Interview, 15 minutes, approved!

29 May 2010- Finally Permanent resident card in mail

Here is an informative article about Stokes interviews which discusses personal questions. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/nyregion/13fraud.html?pagewanted=all

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We pay thousands of dollars for the immigration process, and you would let questions about intimacy hold you back, I was hoping they asked me, I would have given them every detail.

has nothing to do with the money. I know for a fact that my husband's culture would not allow him to discuss our sex life with anyone. What I am saying is, aren't there better questions for them to ask about a relationship to find out if its valid or not?

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

SarahandAnis, i went to the interview in Chula Vista and he never asked anything like that.Not even close. It was all about tell me your full name, address, date of marriage, work place,where you lived before and all that. My lawyer works between LA and San Diego offices and he said they never ask sex questions, but they might ask the last time you kissed your husband and if you call your husband any nicknames.

SarahandAnis, i went to the interview in Chula Vista and he never asked anything like that.Not even close. It was all about tell me your full name, address, date of marriage, work place,where you lived before and all that. My lawyer works between LA and San Diego offices and he said they never ask sex questions, but they might ask the last time you kissed your husband and if you call your husband any nicknames.

vj1982

now stack interview ask avrything . i ask offiser whay you ask my sex life . offiser se now is tomeny marriage fraud some time 5 to30-45 minit interview. my frist interview 2 h and 45 minit and 2 interview is 30 minit and we out we do not have lawyer

Edited by vj1982

vj1982

now stack interview ask avrything . i ask offiser whay you ask my sex life . offiser se now is tomeny marriage fraud some time 5 to30-45 minit interview. my frist interview 2 h and 45 minit and 2 interview is 30 minit and we out we do not have lawyer

. http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.