9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

good day guys... i really wanna ask this.. my husband only file for the state tax instead of the federal tax.. is it ok if we will just submit the state tax? im really worried about this.. will be the USCIS ok for the state tax? going to file for my AOS

really wanted your answers guys.. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

State tax returns are not accepted. Federal tax returns are what is used for immigration purposes.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

State tax returns are not accepted. Federal tax returns are what is used for immigration purposes.

what should i do? my husband only file for the state tax.. he doesnt want to file the federal tax coz he said its expensive and he dont have money to pay it.. i insist to him that the federal tax is the required in the embassy and he said he will not file for that and so he will not file for my AOS.. im out of status now... makes me worried and sad... :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You only need federal tax. State tax is not needed for AOS.

Your husband has to back file state tax that is the only way. Did you came to US on a VWP or tourist visa and got married? What's your situation?

Married May 2011

10/07/2011: NOA1

12/15/2011: NOA2

01/12/2012: NVC case number arrived

01/13/2012: DS-3032 emailed

01/27/2012: Barcode arrived via e-mail

03/06/2012: I-864&DS-230 sent together

03/13/2012: RFE

04/16/2012: Additional documents sent

05/02/2012: NVC case complete

05/14/2012: Medical

06/04/2012: Interview--->approved

06/05/2012: Visa arrived in mail

LAX POE Review

Timeline

what should i do? my husband only file for the state tax.. he doesnt want to file the federal tax coz he said its expensive and he dont have money to pay it.. i insist to him that the federal tax is the required in the embassy and he said he will not file for that and so he will not file for my AOS.. im out of status now... makes me worried and sad... :(

It seems that you and your husband need to have a talk about what is needed to move forward with your life together.

Best of luck to you.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

You only need federal tax. State tax is not needed for AOS.

Your husband has to back file state tax that is the only way. Did you came to US on a VWP or tourist visa and got married? What's your situation?

Im a fiance visa when i entered here in US last year and we got married but until now i dont have my AOS file yet coz we dont have money to pay for it.. and now i beg my husband to file for my papers and his ok but he doesnt want to file for the federal tax.. his self employed doing repairs of the houses.. its really driving me crazy... i dont what to do anymore.. :( :( :( :( :(

Timeline

Im a fiance visa when i entered here in US last year and we got married but until now i dont have my AOS file yet coz we dont have money to pay for it.. and now i beg my husband to file for my papers and his ok but he doesnt want to file for the federal tax.. his self employed doing repairs of the houses.. its really driving me crazy... i dont what to do anymore.. :( :( :( :( :(

If he is self employed, then the 2011 federal tax return is required to show an income amount. No other document can be used.

He has to file. That's all there is to it. He is commiting a crime by not filing and there is NO WAY for you to obtain a GC otherwise. I have no idea how he even managed to file state taxes without federal as they require info from the federal form.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

No federal tax returns = no green card.

No green card = not legal to work, not legal to go to school, & detainable by ICE.

Your husband has taken you to America to be an illegal alien.

Tell him to pay his taxes and file AOS to make you legal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.