472 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Inlove_tx:

Jobhunting? Not too well yet I'm afraid. The only company with whom I've had any success are a company based in San Francisco (to whom I was referred by an old colleague). That was very positive -- but they don't have any positions yet.... In Dallas I haven't heard back from any positions I applied for... not a whimper. (I wouldn't mind if I goofed up an interview.... at least that would be partial success.) :-(

Actually, has *anyone* got a job yet?

Maghreb:

Don't forget that it's perfectly normal for there to be no appointments available on Infopass. You have to keep checking and checking -- they often release new ones around 11pm but you never know when someone will cancel an existing one so the best thing you can do is just check... check... check.

Yep as you said Gman check check and check. It sucks but I have nothing to do. We are in the same boat man I am looking for a job too, no luck yet. I find a job in Boston Mass where I used to live before, but I can not move for various reasons...

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think we are lucky to be living in Dallas.

At the present the unemplyment rate it's really low comparing the rest of the country.

Of course geting a job depends on you education and english skills but one thing is for sure: If you wanna work in Dallas, you LL find a Job...

Gman: I guess WhataBurger isnt in your plans , right? :)

AOS Pending - Separated, Back to my Country of Birth

What-A-Burger?

Ahhhh..... my dream job! :P

Seriously though... I recognise there are a lot of jobs in Dallas, which makes me all the more surprised I haven't received a whiff of an interview! I applied for a job on Monster the other day (for which I'm very well qualified) that has a follow-up phone number. So at least I can call and (hopefully) understand why I'm not getting a interview. I think it's likely to be 'never worked in the US', 'over qualified', 'over specialized' or a combination of all three -- I'm in my 30's. I'm genuinely considering fibbing on my resume.... downgrading it.

Then again... I've got a few more options up my sleeve to fall back on (to mix my metaphors)... might have to do resort to that -- before I go mad!

Timeline
any one posting on this move to dallas after filing AOS at a different location??? i might have to move to dallas and wanna know if n e one of u can tell me what needs to be done... as you guys can see my timeline, i m already waiting for AOS.

Hi,

I dont know about moving to Dallas, after you already started your process. If you move here now, you have to transfer your case to ur local office, which is gonna be Dallas. I beleive it's gonna make your case take more time, as you wont be able to use DORA now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

*bump*

05/25/05 Mailed I-129F to TSC

06/08/05 CSC Recv's I-129F per USCIS website (Day14)

06/13/05 Recvd' NOA1 from CSC (Day19)

06/22/05 Petition Approved, NOA2 by email! (Day28)

06/25/05 Peter posts Police Cert Request (Day 31)

06/27/05 Recv'd NOA2 snail mail (Day 33)

06/30/05 NVC Recv'd Petition from CSC (Day 36)

07/06/05 NVC Forwards petition to London (Day 42)

07/09/05 Snail mail from NVC stating they recv'd petition/being forwarded to London (Day 45)

07/15/05 Peter recv's Police Report (Day 51)

07/18/05 Peter recv's packet 3 and schedules medical (Day 54)

07/25/05 Mail Packet 3!!! (Day 61)

08/04/05 Medical in Endinburgh (Day 71)

08/06/05 Received Packet 4 (Day 73)

08/10/05 Received medical in post (Day 77)

08/15/05 INTERVIEW IN LONDON APPROVED!!!!! (DAY 82)

11/08/05 He's Home

11/18/05 Wedding Day

D.O.R.A. Time Line

01/05/06 AOS Appointment

02/10/06 Bio metrics letter #1

02/14/06 Boimetrics letter #2

07/03/06 Email Update - Welcome letter is on it's way (5 months and 29 days)

07/05/06 Email Update - GC is ordered and on its way

07/10/06 Email Update - Case was aproved on July 10

07/11/06 2 Greencards arrived in post!!!

02/07/07 Final Greencard arrives...England here we come!

Timeline

I still can not see my case online, thanks God I got an appointement to see an officer about my case. The funny thing is I tried to have an appointement two days ago, the closest date it gave me was 03/20. This afternoon I have an appointement for this Friday.

Do you guys think it's normal that the location is 8101 N Stemmons instead of 3010 where I filled via the DOra pilot? any thoughts?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Application Procedures

I -130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence)

Pilot Program in the Dallas District Office

Return to Adjustment of Status Overview

Preparing to File Your Application

Filing Your Application

The Interview

Fingerprinting

Adjudicative Decision

Please read all of these procedures carefully before deciding if you want to participate in the Pilot Program.

Preparing to File Your Application

Step 1: Determine eligibility to participate in the Pilot Program

Participation in the pilot is entirely voluntary but it is limited to customers whose petitions and applications meet one or more of the following criteria:

Based on a family relationship;

Diversity Visa Lottery winner; and

Special Immigrant with an approved Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant

If you are not eligible, please follow the procedures described in the instructions for your petition or application.

Step 2: Review the instructions for your petition or application

Do you have all the required supporting documents?

Have you completed a Medical Examination?

Do you have the required fees in the form of a cashier's check or money order?

Step 3: Schedule an appointment to file your application and be interviewed by an Adjudications Officer in the Dallas District Office.

Visit the InfoPass Appointment scheduler

Choose a time when both the petitioner and the applicant can be present

You will be able to print out an appointment notice from InfoPass confirming the date and time of your scheduled appointment.

You MUST bring all related fees to the appointment in the form of a cashier's check or money order.

The appointment notice also includes a list of the documents you MUST include with your application, including the completed medical examination and supplemental forms. You will need to bring both the original AND a photocopy of each document. However, the original medical examination and its supplemental forms must be submitted in the sealed envelope that you received from the civil surgeon. USCIS will keep the photocopies of the documents for our files.

Filing Your Application

Step 1: Arrive at the Dallas District Office no earlier than 30 minutes before your appointment. The Dallas District Office is located at:

USCIS Dallas District Office

3010 North Stemmons Freeway

Dallas, Texas 75247

Please bring both the original AND a photocopy of each document that is part of your application packet. However, the original medical examination and its supplemental forms must be submitted in the sealed envelope that you received from the civil surgeon. USCIS will keep the photocopies of the documents for our files. The following documents should be part of your application packet:

Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130 [graphics/formsfee/forms/i-130.htm]) for family-based applicants with supporting documentation (or Form I-797 approval/receipt notice, if applicable)

Documents which provide evidence of valid relationship to petitioner must also be included

Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) with supporting documentation.

Medical Examinations of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (Form I-693 ) and Supplemental Form to I-693 (Form I-693A).

Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for family-based applicants and supporting documentation (not required for Diversity Visa Lottery winners).

Two ADIT-style photographs.

State Department notification for Diversity Visa Lottery recipients with supporting documentation

Form I-129F approval notice, if applicable

Requied fees in the form of a cashier's check or money order made payable to USCIS

NOTE: Only Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders are accepted as forms of payment. Please make sure payment is made to USCIS.

Step 2: Present your electronic appointment notice to the security guards and you will be shown into the waiting room.

An Immigration Information Officer will review your application packet to make sure you have the proper documents.

If you do not have the required documents, the Immigration Information Officer will provide you with instructions.

If you do have the required documents, you will go to your interview with an Adjudications Officer.

The Interview

Both applicant and petitioner (if family-based) must be present for the interview.

The Adudications Officer will review your application, conduct your interview, and determine if anything may prevent your case from being completed within 90 days.

If there is an indication that your case cannot be completed within 90 days, the officer will provide you with instructions.

The Adjudications Officer will keep your application and photocopies of your supporting documents.

Within 10 business days, USCIS will mail Form I-797, Notice of Action, to you. This form will contain your application receipt number. This receipt number is needed to schedule your appointment for fingerprinting.

NOTE: Your case cannot be completed on the date of your interview at the Dallas District Office. You must meet all eligibility requirements and pass all security checks before the USCIS can make a final decision in your case. If at any point in the process it is determined that your case cannot be completed within 90 days, you will be sent additional instructions on what to do/expect next.

NOTE: You may file an Application for Employment or Travel Document at any point during the processing of your application if an emergency arises and you feel the need to apply for either or both. You will have to pay the fee associated with each of those applications.

Fingerprinting

Step 1: Schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted.

Immediately after you receive Form I-797, Notice of Action, you should follow the instructions on the form to schedule your fingerprinting appointment at one of USCIS’ Application Support Centers, or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 for information on an Application Support Center near you.

You will need the application receipt number from Form I-797, Notice of Action, to schedule your appointment.

Please schedule your appointment immediately upon receipt of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, according to the scheduling instructions. Failure to do so will delay the completion of your case.

Step 2: Go to your scheduled appointment at the Application Support Center.

You will need to bring with you two forms of identification and Form I-797, Notice of Action.

Adjudicative Decision

After USCIS receives the results of your background and fingerprint checks, we will make a decision on your case.

The decision may be to grant permanent residence, to deny permanent residence, or to ask for additional information and documentation, if required.

If USCIS grants your application for permanent residence, USCIS will notify you by mail or e-mail of the approved status.

If your case cannot be completed within 90 days, USCIS will notify you by mail or e-mail. The notice will state that you have the option of filing Form I-765, Application for Employment, and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (if applicable), with the appropriate fees.

Return to Adjustment of Status Overview

Last Modified 01/20/2006

Timeline

"Please schedule your appointment immediately upon receipt of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, according to the scheduling instructions. Failure to do so will delay the completion of your case."

Hello,

I saw all that before. The thing is my I 797 Noticeof Action clearly stated : USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving an appointement notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photo taken.

I even tried to just walk in to one of the ASC, they turned me back, cause they said the USCIS has to schedule my appointement. Therfore, I decided to go see an officer to see whats going on...

Edited by Maghreb

I'm not sure if shockjock's paste from the USCIS site was in specific response to your question but anyway:

Despite what it says on the USCIS web site re. DORA biometrics regarding making your own biometrics appointment I don't believe this is the case -- but I could be wrong:

My first NOA read like yours. I later received a second NOA giving me an appointment date. A few days after I'd done my biometrics I received a letter (not a formal NOA) telling me to make my own appointment for biometrics. :blink: So I just ignored it.

With respect to your earlier question re. the appointment being at 8101 Stemmons rather than the filing venue... I've no idea I'm afraid. I did notice when I went to 8101 (for EAD/AP) that there were a lot of people there with Infopass appointments but they went into another section so I don't know what went on there.

I think it's unlikely that you would be given the wrong address -- if you selected the correct options on the web site. If you want to put your mind at ease, my advice would be to pop down there and just ask at the entrance. The security guards are generally very helpful and well informed so it wouldn't hurt to enquire whether you had the right place.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 3010 N Stemmons is only for the first appointment/interview.

After you're approved in the DORA program, if you need to know information about your case and make in Infopass appointment, you always need to go to the 8101 N Stemmons address.

As far as the Biometrics are concerned, I got my letter about 40 days after the interview and it had a specific date, time and address for the appointment. When I went there I saw a lot of people getting turned down because they were attempting to walk-in without the specific letter as they no longer accept walk-ins.

I'm glad you got that Infopass appointment, I really hope you get things sorted out!

GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.