gretchen_darren

cooking

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Darren from reading your multi post, you have given others to believe that you don't understand how or what your marriage should consist of. Not quite sure if consist is the right work right now. But, you would benefit from some individual marriage counseling. You don't understand the expectations or what you should give or receive from within a marriage. Remember this is your 2nd marriage and you are asking about everyday situations that most would expect young couples to be having issues with in their marriage.

Cooking, a shared responsibility.

Throwing away of food, make the statement that this is unaccepatable.

Wife pregnancy, this is her first time, she has no idea what to expect.

Speaking in a forgein language when you are present, explain it is not acceptable in your home and present. You can't control other peoples home.

Reading to your kids, note those are your kids reading is YOUR quality time with them. If she wants to be present then that will need to be a decision wife will have to make on her own. Wife is learning many new things at one time, you must learn to be patient. gees

If you teach, she will learn, if you expect and demand of things she has no knowlege how can you complain.

Darren seek professional marriage counseling, or you will continue to make everyone un-happy.

:thumbs:

First of all never ever ever compare to ex's... I got my well you know in the ringer with my fiancee just because I made a few just a few comments about how she was budgeting her money compared with my ex's. I spent many years in RP living and working so I have a lot of war wounds, so to speak with women..... So now that I got that out of my system about comparing..... IMHO you need to relax bro.. This is a wonderful time in your life, with your wife expecting. Enjoy this time as I have two grown son's and wish, plus hope I can have one more before I leave this earth as my fiancee wants a child and I love her enough to grant her this if we can.

I see your posts as something is amiss about something.. I cannot pinpoint what you are thinking..... I can only let you know some of my past junk that caused me problems of which most, quite honestly were self inflicted with how I acted and un-trusted my ex's.

I can say that as others pointed out.. Your house, your rules on conversation. Speak English when someone is present that does not speak their language. I did this with my ex and her kids when lived in Cebu.. I made it very plain the rules. That was about my only rule as I could give a rip about cooking or anything else. I was even so tough about this that I sent her and the kids home to her parents for two days as they were not listening to my

English English rule at home when I was there. I just told them to go live back in their home with their family minus air con and cable tv...... Well over there that was easy enough to break them as they begged to come back after one night.. I made them stay an extra night because I am a jerk... Or was as I have learned lol.

Just be honest and speak english... Now I do have a friend that learned visyian or however they spell and pronounce. He said it is nice to know the language but let few know he knew how to speak.. Reason is some talk bad about their husbands right in front of their friends.... I understand little but had it better when I lived their fulltime....

Not sure if you need marriage counseling or just a slap back to reality. People change.... Our wonderful woman we met and bring here to be with us will change and needs to change some... You just want her Filipina values as we believe "typical" valued Filipina to remain the same. That is all you can hope for....

I say relax relax relax... I am sure down the road there will be much more concerning things to get wound up about..

Good luck Brother

Edited by LSnBigBear

I am sure down the road there will be much more concerning things to get wound up about.

Is that possible?!? :lol:

Timeline

hmmmm. I will be going ot visit my fiancee this coming week and they always cook way too much food. Especially rice and they throw it out to. I suggested they give it to the neighbors who have very little and they asked me why. So I asked Ann why she cooks so much and she says they never know who might show up so they want to be prepared for guest if they stop by.

Something wrong with this picture.

Throwing out food (money) can mean it is someone else's money. You are helping them financially?

When i visited her relatives in Quezon they did the same thing, lots and lots of food because they presumed since I was an american I needed to eat a lot.

There is often the "party, party!" "special occasion" "won the lottery" atmosphere when the Americano shows up. Roll out the red carpet. Charter limo, pig roast, live it up, and oh this is all for the Americano even though he doesn't want it. So take a guess who it is really for.

This may not be the case, but put a stop to it if it is. They can't be blaming their own excess on imaginary guests and you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

as for speaking "visayan" language with a fellow filipina is always a treat for me. my husband speaks tagalog and most of the people around us speak english. and sometimes, i wish to relax my mouth,tongue and brain from all this english. it's a good thing to practice english as it is an international language, but i just want to speak visayan when the one i'm talking with knows how to speak visayan language. isn't that a big of a wish?

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

In a couple of weeks hubby and I are going to celebrate our 5th year wedding anniversary. He has different taste when it comes to food and so do I. He doesn't like filipino food and I don't like american food. But this differences of ours its not a big deal for us at all. I cook filipino food anytime I want. He cook some of his meals once in a while but most of the time I do the cooking for him.

Did I heard you right? Are you complaining about your wife not cooking this time? Your wife is pregnant and she is almost close to her due date. When I was pregnant I hate spending time in the kitchen standing because its really hurt your back so I always asked my husband to just buy some fast food for us and all I want is to lay on the couch all day .It's not being lazy it just that you don't have energy standing and moving around. I hope you understand your wife situation. Give her a break:)

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

Timeline

the cooking bothers me because of my ex, and how II had to make my own meals with my ex the last few years of marriage.... it sometimes had me "feeling" like I am still married to my ex. realizing this may just be pregnancy related right now,

I am drifting back to watching more cooking shows again... I just don't know if it is for her benefit or for mine.

I notice a LOT of visayan conversation at the family home to the point of exclusion of the Americans there. Me, I am learning visayan so they cannot shut me out of the conversations....

More racism and male shovenism on a topic you have already beaten to death... WHat is it with you??? Do you think your funny or are you that out of touch?? Did/DO you have issues playing well with others?? It makes me angry and happy that everyone from the Phils or connected to the Phils via relationship, gets to read all of your nonsense.. They get to see that there are some real carracters out there(YOU), and they can be glad to be in a good relationship and not be with someone like YOU!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Darren, just relax. Your wife is pregnant. She hates the smells of some things right now. So give her a little break. After the baby, you will see her cooking more. Its easy and comforting for your wife to speak Visayan with her friends. Just turn on the TV and ignore the conversation. Good luck!

Timeline

We had a cook when my wife first came. After the two kids came we had to start cutting back on expenses so I said "honey, why don't you learn to cook and we can get rid of the paid chef". She said "OK honey, then you learn to screw me properly and we can get rid of the gardener too."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmmmm. I will be going ot visit my fiancee this coming week and they always cook way too much food. Especially rice and they throw it out to. I suggested they give it to the neighbors who have very little and they asked me why. So I asked Ann why she cooks so much and she says they never know who might show up so they want to be prepared for guest if they stop by.

When i visited her relatives in Quezon they did the same thing, lots and lots of food because they presumed since I was an american I needed to eat a lot.

she cant deny that shes a filipina and filipina are always hospitable!!

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had a cook when my wife first came. After the two kids came we had to start cutting back on expenses so I said "honey, why don't you learn to cook and we can get rid of the paid chef". She said "OK honey, then you learn to screw me properly and we can get rid of the gardener too."

Best thing I have read in this thread.... :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.