Aus2Usa2012

Brisbane medical

15 posts in this topic

Firstly hi to VJ members here in Oz and everywhere else.

Just wondering if u can get a medical done in Brisbane without the syd case number? Also I read somewhere the police check done for qld residents get sent straiight to the syd con. So is the syd case number need before I do that too?

Just want to get as much done and ready for when p3 arrives. Cheers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved to the Australia and New Zealand forun

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I'm from Brisbane and I got my police check done at the local police station (with finger prints taken) before my petition was approved or I had a case number, and there was no problem whatsoever. I had them send it to my home address. On the form you fill out, you have the option for them to send it to the consulate, or to your own address.

Also, I did try to book in my medical exam around the same time but they wouldn't allow it, as they didn't want to risk it getting lost at the consulate without having the case number. I know a few people on here have managed to get their medicals done in Brisbane without their case numbers, so maybe it depends on what secretary you get at the time? I'm not sure..

Eitherway, the wait time to get a medical, back in Feb 2012, was about 1-2 weeks. So my advice would be to book your medical as soon as you get the case number from your petition approval and you should be able to get the appointment without it eating in to your wait-time too much, if at all.

Hope this helps!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

How long did it take for you to get your medical?

Also - was the police station available for the check on the weekend?

14 Jan 2011 - Fiance sent me a message on a dating website

14 Jan 2011 - I added him on Facebook

26 Jan 2011 - Had a 5 hour long conversation that changed my life!

05 Feb 2011 - We decided to be an exclusive relationship

29 Jun 2011 - We met for the first time. It was exactly as I knew it would be!

14 Jul 2011 - He had to leave to go back to USA

17 Jul 2011 - Booked flights for me to go to USA for 3 months on VWP

29 Nov 2011 - Arrived in USA

25 Dec 2011 - HE PROPOSED!

21 Feb 2012 - Left USA for Australia

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

11 Sep 2012 - CSC received RFE documentation

11 Sep 2012 - Did Police Clearance

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

26 Sep 2012 - NVC sent case to consulate

16 Oct 2012 - Packet 3 received

18 Oct 2012 - Sent DS-230 off to Sydney Consulate

01 Nov 2012 - Medical completed

07 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate

08 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Delivered

15 Nov 2012 - Packet 4 Received

18 Dec 2012 - Interview APPROVED!

28 Dec 2012 - Entered USA POE:- LAX

09 Jan 2013 - Married

If I remember correctly, I had my medical on the Monday and I raced in on the Friday mid-afternoon to pick it up and post it off with my Packet 3 from the city PO which is right near-by.. I did phone them to hound them on the Thursday though, so not sure if that helped or hindered at all. I think that is the usual process time though, 3-5 days..

I doubt the police station would be open to do it on the weekend.. I had to be taken to the back and be finger-printed with ink. I think some states do it digitally, but it was ink for me.. Damn messy.. But they had some trainees in that station (hendra) and so they used it as a reason to teach them how to do it. I have heard they can only do it if there are no real arrests going on at the time, so they might ask you to come back if that is the case, or make an appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Firstly hi to VJ members here in Oz and everywhere else.

Just wondering if u can get a medical done in Brisbane without the syd case number? Also I read somewhere the police check done for qld residents get sent straiight to the syd con. So is the syd case number need before I do that too?

Just want to get as much done and ready for when p3 arrives. Cheers.

Anzac Medical would not let me get an appointment without my case number. I also had to pay a deposit when I made the appointment. I was able to pick up my medical about 5 days later. As for the police check, I got it done at the Indooroopily Police Station, with ink prints. I had it done on a weekend, and just walked right in! It was processed at HQ in the city, and mailed to my house about 2 or so weeks later.

Good luck! Once you get the medical and the prints done, its all downhill from there!!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

So let me get this straight--it's possible to book the medical before the NVC case closes? All you need is the case number? Is this only for K-1s? Or only for certain parts of Australia?

I thought we had to wait until the NVC was done with us, but if we can try and book earlier, that might be a good thing to do.

AOS:

Married 1/24/2011

I-130 sent 12/12/2011
Visa APPROVED! 9/4/2012
Port of Entry DFW 11/27/2012

ROC:

I-751 sent to VSC 9/16/2014

ROC APPROVED! 3/25/2015

Naturalization:

N-400 sent to Lewisville lockbox 3/29/2016

N-400 received at Lewisville lockbox 3/30/2016

Card charged 4/2/2016

Text messaged that case received, receipt number issued 4/5/2016

NOA notice date 4/4/2016

NOA received 4/8/2016, priority date 3/30/16

Biometrics letter received 4/16/2016

Biometrics appointment scheduled for 4/28/2016

Biometrics done 4/28/2016

Case updated on USCIS website, 'In line for interview' 5/3/2016

Texted and case updated on USCIS website, 'Interview has been scheduled' 7/22/2016

Interview letter received 7/25, interview scheduled for 8/31/2016

Interviewed and recommended for approval, 8/31/2016

Text received that oath ceremony notice mailed, case updated on website 9/1/2016

Oath letter received 9/6/2016, oath scheduled for 9/21/2016

Oath taken 9/21/2016, CITIZENSHIP ACQUIRED! Yay!

Timeline

So let me get this straight--it's possible to book the medical before the NVC case closes? All you need is the case number? Is this only for K-1s? Or only for certain parts of Australia?

I thought we had to wait until the NVC was done with us, but if we can try and book earlier, that might be a good thing to do.

Depends on your panel physician. I didn't need mine to book (Dr. Ograglik (sp?) in Melb) in but I had it by the time my medical came around anyway. Not sure whether it's just K1, though I doubt it.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

I called the USCIS hotline and got my case number given to me so I could go ahead and book. I got a K1 so I only know that it was correct for my case.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it depends on panel physicians.

I am in Mel. They never ask my case number even though I have it now.

And if you are IR1/CR1 visa, that's your responsibility to have your medical exam done before the consulate interview.

If you are K1, they will arrange your medical exam. When medical exam has done then your interview date will be assigned.

Edited by hktw

I-130 NOA1:2011/10/17(217 days)

After 187 days REF:2012/4/24(email)

REF:2012/5/7(mail)-stupid photo

REF Sent:2012/5/8

REF reviewing:2012/5/15

Approved NOA2 :2012/5/21(email)2012/5/24(mail)

NVC (66 days)

NVC Received case:2012/6/11 (22days/15 business days)

case no.assigned:2012/6/19 (8 days/6 business days since NVC received case)

DS-3032 sent: 2012/6/19 wrong case no. resent:2012/6/20

AOS I-864 Bill : 2012/6/21

Pay I-864 Bill:2012/6/22(Fri),6/25(Mon) showed as PAID

DS-3032 accepted : 2012/6/28

Receive IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/29

Pay IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/30(Fri),7/3(Mon) showed as PAID

Return Completed I-864 :2012/7/10,arrived:2012/7/13,accepted:2012/7/20

Medical:2012/7/13 received result:2012/7/24

Return Completed DS-230 :2012/7/14,arrived:2012/7/23,accepted:2012/7/26

Case Completed at NVC :2012/7/26

Interview date assigned+P4 interview letter :2012/8/3(8 days since case completed)

Interview date :2012/9/25 OMG flying to Sydney

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa issued:2012/09/26 (received an email notice)

Visa Received :2012/09/28(Yeah...got it!!)

event.png

Timeline

Yes, it depends on panel physicians.

I am in Mel. They never ask my case number even though I have it now.

And if you are IR1/CR1 visa, that's your responsibility to have your medical exam done before the consulate interview.

If you are K1, they will arrange your medical exam. When medical exam has done then your interview date will be assigned.

The bolded section is wrong. We (k1s) book our own medicals and one when we send the medical and other documents (police check etc called packet 3) will they schedule our interview.

Other countries do it differently. It's important to ONLY read your country specific information.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I see many people talking about picking up their medical results 5 days later.

Is it possible to have them sent to you? We're up near Coffs Harbour so we're doing a day trip to Brisbane.

Thanks!

--Daniel

Timeline

Hi there,

I see many people talking about picking up their medical results 5 days later.

Is it possible to have them sent to you? We're up near Coffs Harbour so we're doing a day trip to Brisbane.

Thanks!

--Daniel

I did but mine was Melbourne doc. It's doctor specific so ask the doc that you see. It's likely that it's a yes because states are large and doctors aren't exactly numerous so it makes sense. If they say no, ask if you can provide a self-addressed envelope to return the docs to you.

I did but mine was Melbourne doc. It's doctor specific so ask the doc that you see. It's likely that it's a yes because states are large and doctors aren't exactly numerous so it makes sense. If they say no, ask if you can provide a self-addressed envelope to return the docs to you.

Thanks very much - wife's appointment is Monday! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.