kmff

USCIS did not send my case to NVC, instead...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I recevied my NOA2 on April 30th. Since then I have been calling the NVC but they calimed not have recieved my case; I scaned a copy of my NOA2 and sent it to the NVC research unit. I also contacted my congressman's office and asked for assistance.

Today I received an email from the NVC stating that USCIS found my case, and that it was at the NRC (National Records Center). The letter says that they are going to review my case, before sending it to the NVC..

Now, i am kinda relief because at least my case was found, and I know where it is. however, I am scared because I dont know how long this "Review" tipically takes. I mean they approved my case, shouldn't they just send my case to the NVC?

well, the NVC's email says to allow "AMPLE TIME" so this review gets done...

Has anyone heard about this??? is there a time frame I should wait???

Please Help I am truly going insane...

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately the review process varies greatly. Some people seem to have gone into review and emerged 2 weeks later. For some people, months have gone by and they are still in review :(

Pray and hope for the best. But there isn't much you can really do except wait....

I recevied my NOA2 on April 30th. Since then I have been calling the NVC but they calimed not have recieved my case; I scaned a copy of my NOA2 and sent it to the NVC research unit. I also contacted my congressman's office and asked for assistance.

Today I received an email from the NVC stating that USCIS found my case, and that it was at the NRC (National Records Center). The letter says that they are going to review my case, before sending it to the NVC..

Now, i am kinda relief because at least my case was found, and I know where it is. however, I am scared because I dont know how long this "Review" tipically takes. I mean they approved my case, shouldn't they just send my case to the NVC?

well, the NVC's email says to allow "AMPLE TIME" so this review gets done...

Has anyone heard about this??? is there a time frame I should wait???

Please Help I am truly going insane...

thank you

This is the copy of the email you referenced that I also received this morning:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S.

Citizenship Immigration Service (USCIS) in regards to your approved

petition. USCIS has informed us that your petition is currently located

at the (NATIONAL RECORDS CENTER - NRC). USCIS (CALIFORNIA SERVICE

CENTER - CSC) have requested this file; they will review this file and

inform NVC with location/status of your petition. Please allow ample

time for USCIS to process their review.

If you have an updated address for the petitioner, please provide USCIS

with that information at your earliest convenience so they may update

their records.

Our petitions was approved at the same month and day and was sent to the same place, NRC instead of NVC. I cannot fathom how government agency of that magnitude cannot differentiate between NVC and NRC. I understand that mistake does happen but how many people had have their petition lost due to this dumb mistake. Anyway, I hope they retrieve the case from their inactive case storage and send it to the right place. I wish both of us good luck.

This is the copy of the email you referenced that I also received this morning:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S.

Citizenship Immigration Service (USCIS) in regards to your approved

petition. USCIS has informed us that your petition is currently located

at the (NATIONAL RECORDS CENTER - NRC). USCIS (CALIFORNIA SERVICE

CENTER - CSC) have requested this file; they will review this file and

inform NVC with location/status of your petition. Please allow ample

time for USCIS to process their review.

If you have an updated address for the petitioner, please provide USCIS

with that information at your earliest convenience so they may update

their records.

Our petitions was approved at the same month and day and was sent to the same place, NRC instead of NVC. I cannot fathom how government agency of that magnitude cannot differentiate between NVC and NRC. I understand that mistake does happen but how many people had have their petition lost due to this dumb mistake. Anyway, I hope they retrieve the case from their inactive case storage and send it to the right place. I wish both of us good luck.

I received the same email... I sopke to someone in Customer service, and he told me that even though our case was approved, the USCIS will have to review it again to ensure everything is ok... he told me that sometimes this make take up to 90 days...

Let's keep in touch and help each other... it seems like we are in the same exact situation.

Have you contacted your congressman?

I received the same email... I sopke to someone in Customer service, and he told me that even though our case was approved, the USCIS will have to review it again to ensure everything is ok... he told me that sometimes this make take up to 90 days...

Let's keep in touch and help each other... it seems like we are in the same exact situation.

I did and I was informed that an inquiry will be sent to NVC and USCIS a day before I received NVC email.It is very hard to be patient when people that file after you are moving along with the process and we are stagnant in one place. We need God intervention in this situation. I will keep you posted with new update as it arise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh my... I thought everything will move faster once we receive the NOA2.. I have never heard of that NRC thing.. Does everybody have to go though this review? Or they just pick some unlucky ones? We are still waiting for our NOA2 right now and its upsetting to know that we still have a long wait to go through... Do you guys know why have your case gone this "REVIEW" at the NRC? :wacko:

Edited by lawren14

I-129F Sent : 2012 Feb 29

I-129F NOA1 : 2012 Mar 06

I-129F NOA2 : 2012 July 09

NVC case number: 2012 July 24

NVC notice received: 2012 July 30

Medical Exam : 2012 Aug 13-14.. PASSED :)

INTERVIEW : 2012 Sept 13.. PASSED!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, LORD!

VISA DELIVERED: 2012 Sept 19

AOS

sent - dec 7,2012

noa1 - dec10,2012

bio - jan 7,2013

ead approved - feb 1, 2013

ead on hand -

*** TO GOD BE THE GLORY ***

Oh my... I thought everything will move faster once we receive the NOA2.. I have never heard of that NRC thing.. Does everybody have to go though this review? Or they just pick some unlucky ones? We are still waiting for our NOA2 right now and its upsetting to know that we still have a long wait to go through... Do you guys know why have your case gone this "REVIEW" at the NRC? :wacko:

Vic2Seyi and I have the same NOA2 approval date, and we were both sent to the NRC... I think somebody made a mistake and sent a bunch of cases to the NRC instead of the NVC...

If you went through the California Service Center and it has been over 30 days, I would advised you to ask your congressman for help as you may be in the same situation as us.

I did and I was informed that an inquiry will be sent to NVC and USCIS a day before I received NVC email.It is very hard to be patient when people that file after you are moving along with the process and we are stagnant in one place. We need God intervention in this situation. I will keep you posted with new update as it arise.

I just hope this set back doesn't take more than one month... My fiancee and I had so many plans for the summer, and it seems like she won't be here before summers ends.

Me and my fiance are on the same situation although we don't if our case was sent to NRC. it's been a month since we got our NOA2 but until now, the NVC cannot find our I-29f package.

God bless us all.

If it has been over a month I recommend you call the congressman in your area and ask for help...

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Any updates on your situation Kevymanual? NVC emailed me that they have my case now, but I emailed back wanting to know what they will be doing with it and how long that will take. I also contacted both my congressman and senator. I do so understand how hard it is to be patient and I thought the same thing - if they sent it to the wrong place it was already approved so why would they need to review it again for pity's sake?

I just hope this set back doesn't take more than one month... My fiancee and I had so many plans for the summer, and it seems like she won't be here before summers ends.

Kevymanuel, Just to provide you an update to our case situation. I received an email from UCSIS on Tuesday that my case has been approved and sent to NVC; and, yesterday I received second NOA2 approving the case again effective June 26, 2012. This is roughly 2 months after the first NOA2 approva. I hope the case is sent to NVC this time around and best of luck with your case.

Edited by Vic2Seyi

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have the same NOA2 date too & USCIS still does not have my petition from Records Center yet. So frustrating. On June 11th, it was "in transit" to NRC, 1 more later, USCIS still does not have - what is going on!

• 5 years later...

Hi Could you guys please tell me how did you contacted the congressman. My petition was initially approved on september 15th 2017 and I started contacting NVC around mid October. My case did not reach NVC until the end of 6 weeks period which they recommend us to wait. And after I sent an email to nvcresearch@state.gov the approval date changed to November 2nd. They also came up with the updated information saying my case is in Final review. How the hell is it in final review if I already received the approval notice and it says approved. I also got the second approval notice after they approved it again. Now I am just waiting hoping it will reach the NVC. Three months gone still has not. I have not contacted the congressman so far. Can you guys tell me how to contact the congressman. I live in Kansas now, but when I applied I was in Texas. So, which congressman should I contat?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.