PD is Current.

August 2012 Visa Bulletin Prediction

604 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Dear Friends,

I just found this forum. When I browse thru it , it is indeed very helpful and lot of help.

I need some help from our informed member regarding my case.I am in US since 2006 in F1 visa. I married to my wife, who is greencard holder in 2009 and we have two kids by now. I filled for Adjustment of status in 2010 and I-130 approved in August of 2010,so My PD is August 24 2010. Last time when it was about to current, there was retrogation and since than I am waiting. I have always maintained my student status.

My question is, is there any other benefit of being in the US ??

Do I have to keep maintaining my status as a student ??

Is there a way to get work Authorization ??

Please share your insight

Thanks

As stated on I-130 Approval Notice, you do not have any benefits at all just because it was approved. You must maintain your status while in USA, i.e. You have to maintain your F1 status, until your PD becomes current and you file I-485 and receive receipt notification from USCIS. Failure to maintain your status will result to you not being able to adjust status under F2A, so you have to wait for your spouse to become a USC and upgrade your case from F2A to IR. Depending on how long it is before your spouse become a USC, i would suggest you maintain your status as your PD will be current hopefully within the next 4-6 months. Other than that, you have to play by F1 rules until you file I-485 and receive receipt notification. BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Edited by GCPD2012

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/395145/pereirals/IV-Appointments-August.pdf

we have 3 case with Interview Appt Schedule in AUG

BMB2010753XXX

BMB2010757XXX

BMB2010770XXX

BUT i dont know what can pd for each case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your F2A PD should be the date around when you filed I-130, not I-130 approval date. You should double check your PD. It might be sometime in early 2010, and your PD will be current very soon!

Dear Friends,

I just found this forum. When I browse thru it , it is indeed very helpful and lot of help.

I need some help from our informed member regarding my case.I am in US since 2006 in F1 visa. I married to my wife, who is greencard holder in 2009 and we have two kids by now. I filled for Adjustment of status in 2010 and I-130 approved in August of 2010,so My PD is August 24 2010. Last time when it was about to current, there was retrogation and since than I am waiting. I have always maintained my student status.

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/395145/pereirals/IV-Appointments-August.pdf

BMB2010753XXX

BMB2010757XXX

BMB2010770XXX

I think their pd is in march 2010!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

BMB2010753XXX

BMB2010757XXX

BMB2010770XXX

I just saw this interview list for Mumbai counsulate...Hardly 3 People for F2A are being interviewed and lots of people in F2B,F3,F4,IR,CR categories?

I can't understand if they really filled out all 88k visas allotted for F2A for this FY?

PD: March 2011

Timeline

Dear Friends,

Thanks

I am in the same situation my L1 visa is expiring in NOV and my F2A PD is 1 yr away...I took an info pass appointment with local USCIS office and they could not find any solution for me.They suggested me to over stay here after my L1 expires untill my husband becomes USC.And my stay will be legalized then..

wellll..they know the loop holes in their system..

Timeline

I am in the same situation my L1 visa is expiring in NOV and my F2A PD is 1 yr away...I took an info pass appointment with local USCIS office and they could not find any solution for me.They suggested me to over stay here after my L1 expires untill my husband becomes USC.And my stay will be legalized then..

Wow, they asked you to overstay here? Can't believe..Don't do anything illegal in this country. Remember there is no shortcut for success. I would suggest to maintain your legal status in the US as long as you are here on L1. Don't take a chance.

F2A PD 9th Feb 2011

Case completed at NVC

Spouse has B2 visitor visa and successfully visited USA twice.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Please do not fall for it----sometimes you will get false information even from the local USCIS office----they gave me a wrong advise way back and I am paying for it now....being away from my husband for 9 years. When I went back there and told them that you advised me to do so....they said : "No, this is all your fault." Not everybody there knows what they're doing and not everybody is responsible for what they say. Sometimes they will just say something to get rid of you...in the end you will suffer the consequences not them....Please do not fall for it.

Timeline

Please do not fall for it----sometimes you will get false information even from the local USCIS office----they gave me a wrong advise way back and I am paying for it now....being away from my husband for 9 years. When I went back there and told them that you advised me to do so....they said : "No, this is all your fault." Not everybody there knows what they're doing and not everybody is responsible for what they say. Sometimes they will just say something to get rid of you...in the end you will suffer the consequences not them....Please do not fall for it.

what did they advise you?

Timeline

Wow, they asked you to overstay here? Can't believe..Don't do anything illegal in this country. Remember there is no shortcut for success. I would suggest to maintain your legal status in the US as long as you are here on L1. Don't take a chance.

I would want to always maintain legal status..

But it's part of the rule..It's under I-485 intructions..

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Read point 10 (section-F) (1)on page 2..

Edited by miraya

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I would want to always maintain legal status..

But it's part of the rule..It's under I-485 intructions..

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Read point 10 (section-F) (1)on page 2..

I wouldn't take a chance

Timeline

I wouldn't take a chance

Yes, I agree..Do NOT take a chance. Consult your lawyer, do online research and play very safe bet. I assume your PD is somewhere in March 2011. If you are here till Nov end then most probably by next March/April you should get your gc so do not take a chance of overstaying here. Also, your spouse is still not the US citizen. What if you get an interview before your spouse becomes citizen then what would you do? Think life from a long term perspective. I would never overstay in USA come what may.

F2A PD 9th Feb 2011

Case completed at NVC

Spouse has B2 visitor visa and successfully visited USA twice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.