PD is Current.

August 2012 Visa Bulletin Prediction

604 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I do not want to argue, but that does not make any sense. If each of the sponsors meets the Poverty Guideline's criteria, why would the original sponsor need a co-sponsor to begin with? It is my understanding that you get a co-sponsor so that the sum of what you make as the original sponsor and what the co-sponsor makes can meet the Poverty Guideline's criteria. Correct me if I'm wrong but I am just using common sense here. I have not done much research in this area because this does not apply to me.

This applies to a joint sponsor....There is the original sponsor, and joint sponsor. The petioner is the original sponsor. If the original sponsor meets the income requirements, then a joint sponsor is not required. If the original sponsor does not meet the minimum income requirement, a joint sponsor is required and the condition is that the Joint Sponsor Income should meet the income requirements. Thats my understanding as per what i have read......

Joint Sponsor

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by GCPD2012

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

This applies to a joint sponsor....There is the original sponsor, and joint sponsor. The petioner is the original sponsor. If the original sponsor meets the income requirements, then a joint sponsor is not required. If the original sponsor does not meet the minimum income requirement, a joint sponsor is required and the condition is that the Joint Sponsor Income should meet the income requirements. Thats my understanding as per what i have read......

Joint Sponsor

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Timeline

Joint Sponsor

Good, but in MrsPJ's case she has a co-sponsor, not a joint sponsor, so she should be OK. She can combine her income with that of a co-sponsor and be fine.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Good, but in MrsPJ's case she has a co-sponsor, not a joint sponsor, so she should be OK. She can combine her income with that of a co-sponsor and be fine.

Nope......Joint Sponsor and Co-sponsor, the difference is the same....If the original sponsor cannot meet the minimim income requirements, then a joint/co-sponsor is required and the joint/co-sponsor MUST meet the minimum requirements ALONE. So, Mrs. PJ's case, it's a NO.

Timeline

Nope......Joint Sponsor and Co-sponsor, the difference is the same....If the original sponsor cannot meet the minimim income requirements, then a joint/co-sponsor is required and the joint/co-sponsor MUST meet the minimum requirements ALONE. So, Mrs. PJ's case, it's a NO.

If that's the case I feel sorry for her. I guess I learned something new today...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I received my interview letter :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::crying:

The appointment will be on 14 august 2012 at 8am

pd 14 mar 2010

[/quot

congratulations

me too i received my interview letter , the appointement will be on 8 august at 08 am

i am so happy thanks my god and 1000 for all VJ memebers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.