Sarah B

Curly Haired Products

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

I am of the massively curly haired persuasion and, I am always looking for new products to tame my wild locks. I know this is a super - superficial topic, but if you have any products that work well on thick curly hair, please post.

So far, my favorites are:

DevaCurl - No Poo (Shampoo)

DevaCurl - One Condition (Conditioner)

Catwalk - Curls Rock (Shampoo and Conditioned)

In terms of styling, I have already sold my future firstborn to Enjoy Shaping Lotion.

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

yeah I like having curly hair. When I want it straight I flat iron it, but I just wondered if anyone had found anything better for curly hair :)

you can go to the salon and rebond your hair. your hair would stay super straight for a whole year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you can go to the salon and rebond your hair. your hair would stay super straight for a whole year.

Why?

Natural Curly hair is beautiful!!!

Hi Ladies,

I am of the massively curly haired persuasion and, I am always looking for new products to tame my wild locks. I know this is a super - superficial topic, but if you have any products that work well on thick curly hair, please post.

So far, my favorites are:

DevaCurl - No Poo (Shampoo)

DevaCurl - One Condition (Conditioner)

Catwalk - Curls Rock (Shampoo and Conditioned)

In terms of styling, I have already sold my future firstborn to Enjoy Shaping Lotion.

This company was created by a locel man here in North County San Diego and we love ENJOY products!!

My daughter has naturally curly hair so thanks for the heads up on products..always looking for something good.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why?

This company was created by a locel man here in North County San Diego and we love ENJOY products!!

My daughter has naturally curly hair so thanks for the heads up on products..always looking for something good.

well I haven't heard of that but I use John Frieda products that at least tame the fly away hair and hair doesn't turn into frizz.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This stuff was amazing for my curls ( before I got it straightened permanently. ) I used it ALL the time. http://www.aquage.com/

I use macadamia now and love it just as much. It would probably be just as fine for curly hair too actually but never tried it on curly hair!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

My mom bought my husband and my daughter some Lush Curly Wurly. It has big pieces of coconut in it, and made their curls look super springy and soft. It's a bit much for every day use though, so I use it on them like a treatment every now and then. For everyday, their curls look nice with Shea Moisture Curl and Shine. It's at Target.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My mom bought my husband and my daughter some Lush Curly Wurly. It has big pieces of coconut in it, and made their curls look super springy and soft. It's a bit much for every day use though, so I use it on them like a treatment every now and then. For everyday, their curls look nice with Shea Moisture Curl and Shine. It's at Target.

Sandinista, how far from Portland area are you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The only thing I MUST use is baby detangler in my hair due to the curls getting so knotty. Everything else is optional. And I do own a flat iron. Takes about 40 minutes to flat iron it all out.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi!

Since you are already using Tigi Curls rock Shampoo and conditioner, You can use Catwalk Curls Rock amplifier as well it's an excellent product.

You can also try Paul Mitchell Sculpting gel, Round trip (Best seller ones for curly hair from PM) They use to called it the Paul Mitchell gel with the apple.

some people prefer mousse so you can use Sculpting foam also from Paul Mitchell.

I have straight hair, but i have worked on a beauty shop for 15 years, and i know almost every single hair product out there, and these ones are just some to mention.

In the last case if your hair it's coarse, rebellious and more like afro kind then you can use a spray moisturizer. Let me know i can tell you some names.

Tip..You can buy a small bottle of some of these professional products they do make some of these in travel sizes and return it if its not working for you since they can be pricey so u can look for a store where u can actually do returns sometimes it takes a few trys to find the right product for ur hair.

Mostly depends how do you like your curls defined? hard? volume? soft?

Once a week try to use an alfaparf hair treatment vials like the blue one or light pink they are great!!!!

Hope it helps :)

I just realized you are also from SD :o So do I :D Nice!!!!!

Edited by Tuti & Baher

"In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success." - Proverbs 3:6

Marriage 12-29-2011

I-130 Sent : 03-13-2013

I-130 NOA1 : 03-19-2013

I-130 RFE : N/A

I-130 RFE Sent : N/A

I-130 Approved : 06-03-2013

NVC Received : 06-07-2013

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill 08-07-2013

Pay I-864 Bill 08-07-2013

Receive I-864 Package : 08-07-2013

Return Completed DS-3032:08-08-2013

Return Completed I-864 : 08-22-2013

Receive IV Bill : 08-22-2013

Pay IV Bill : 08-22-2013

Receive Instruction Package 08-22-2013

Case Completed at NVC : 10-18-2013

Expedite Request: 11-12-2013

Expedite Approval: 11-18-2013

NVC Left: 11-19-2013

Consulate Received: 11-22-2013

Packet 4 Received: 11-26-2013 (By phone)

Interview Date: 12-01-2013

Interview Result :Approveeeed!!!

I like baby detangler for my straight, very fine hair that gets twisted into all kinds of knots. And it's a must have for my daughter too. That's when she'll let me get to her with products and a comb outside the bathtub. Most of the time she sports a look we call Bedhead ala Marocain. But she can work it. Well.

I love Paul Mitchell sculpting foam. It does nice things, and smells so nice.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have super wavy hair and would love to have it straighter, but a flat iron makes my hair look dry. Can I ask, how does rebonding last a whole year....what about your roots when they grow in? My hair grows so fast, I have to touch up my color every 1.5 weeks!

My daughter has really thick straight hair (so does her bio dad) but I thought the curly hair gene dominates over the straight hair gene...guess not?

Ahmed and I were just joking the other night that our future kids will have crazy curly hair since his hair is also super wavy like mine (but he always keeps a short haircut or shaves his head).

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Timeline

Why?

I did not know that Enjoy is a local product, must be why it's so awesome ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have super wavy hair and would love to have it straighter, but a flat iron makes my hair look dry. Can I ask, how does rebonding last a whole year....what about your roots when they grow in? My hair grows so fast, I have to touch up my color every 1.5 weeks!

My daughter has really thick straight hair (so does her bio dad) but I thought the curly hair gene dominates over the straight hair gene...guess not?

Ahmed and I were just joking the other night that our future kids will have crazy curly hair since his hair is also super wavy like mine (but he always keeps a short haircut or shaves his head).

Curly does dominate over straight, but wavy hair is a codominance of straight and curly. So in this case, your daughter got straight from you and straight from her father. Also, of course, it's more complex than a 2 gene pair, but that's the general way it works.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.