Sollua

not so official looking stubs

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

My boss typed up a verification letter on microsoft and he also printed me off a page showing check amouts, dates, numbers, and stuff for my payment history instead of stubs since he doesnt issue stubs and just writes checks. He signed them both and gave them to me. Will the consulate except this? They look like printed leters just signed but nothing super official looking about them. Please advise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My boss typed up a verification letter on microsoft and he also printed me off a page showing check amouts, dates, numbers, and stuff for my payment history instead of stubs since he doesnt issue stubs and just writes checks. He signed them both and gave them to me. Will the consulate except this? They look like printed leters just signed but nothing super official looking about them. Please advise.

Do you have bank statements with matching deposit amounts and approximate dates? Can you print out the deposited checks, or get a copys from the bank?

Timeline

no they will reject it immediately

are you doing legal work? there should be some record even if its not a fancy paystub

It is legal work but its out of his pocket and we are listed as subcontracters, so as self employed. Though he pays us as we were employees. I have no idea why, But there it is. The payments he gives us is just an excel sheet and he types them up with the pay and hours and stuff and writes the checks and puts them in an envelope. Though lately, he has been lazy i guess and just has us look over our time sheet and check our hours and then comfirm them, then he writes up a check. No stub. ####### am i to do?! ahhhhhh this far into the process and i get a "Nah, they will deny it immediately" fml

Timeline

It is legal work but its out of his pocket and we are listed as subcontracters, so as self employed. Though he pays us as we were employees. I have no idea why, But there it is. The payments he gives us is just an excel sheet and he types them up with the pay and hours and stuff and writes the checks and puts them in an envelope. Though lately, he has been lazy i guess and just has us look over our time sheet and check our hours and then comfirm them, then he writes up a check. No stub. ####### am i to do?! ahhhhhh this far into the process and i get a "Nah, they will deny it immediately" fml

You should provide tax return. Do you file quartely taxes?

Timeline

no. just annualy, and last years was weak as i was in brazil the whole year almost.

And what about bank statements showing the deposits, or copy of checks? Self employed is possible, but they rely on tax return as primary evidence of income. Bank statements and proof of deposit would come next, but you did not answer about deposits or check copies??? If nothing else comes along (maybe co-sponsor), you could always push interview into late Jan, and have your 2012 taxes filed by then...?

Timeline

And what about bank statements showing the deposits, or copy of checks? Self employed is possible, but they rely on tax return as primary evidence of income. Bank statements and proof of deposit would come next, but you did not answer about deposits or check copies??? If nothing else comes along (maybe co-sponsor), you could always push interview into late Jan, and have your 2012 taxes filed by then...?

I hardly want to push the date that far back as the visa interview time is upon us. I can get deposits for sure, but as far as copies of the checks I do not believe so. Unless I can have his carbon copies copied? Thanks

Timeline

I hardly want to push the date that far back as the visa interview time is upon us. I can get deposits for sure, but as far as copies of the checks I do not believe so. Unless I can have his carbon copies copied? Thanks

Also, if you have electronic statements from your bank (or sign up for them), many times the check image is available, but also copy of the carbon along with a log and bank statements start to say something legit.

Timeline

if they did happen to deny you on public charge, be sure your fiancee suggest to offer your 2012 taxes when available. i have read about public charge denial giving time before absolute denial. at least a second chance!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.