naksah

N-400 JUNE 2012 Filers

1,467 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Interview tomorrow and I am concerned in what I am going to be wearing instead of the questions and the documentation which I don't have ready yet.

Good Luck! I am sure you'll do just fine on the test and Interview. Looking forward to hearing the long awaited good news, especially from fellow Newyorkers.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Peeking in here from Canada. :) Had to travel to attend to a family member with a medical issue (everything is fine...I was just needed for some help). No changes to my case yet, still waiting on IL, but I'm glad it hasn't come yet at this point because I needed to be here for a little while.

Congrats to all who are done or nearly done :) I'm hopeful that I'll have some movement soon.

Is anybody checking your post box while you are in Canada? I wait for your letter :) (Are you go through Michigan? You can give me a visit :thumbs: )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes my better half is keeping the home fires burning, and knows I'm watching the mail so if something should come without an online status change, I'll know. I won't be gone that long, home on the 27th.

I'm near Ottawa (Canada's capital). This time I flew through Toronto. Last year I came through Detroit.

It's been kind of surreal. I moved away from my hometown some 27 years ago (moved ~30-50 miles away over the years, not far but far enough). Came to the US nearly 13 years ago. I've been back here to my hometown twice since then, but briefly, and mostly running around trying to do a million things in a few days. This time I'm in one place for 10 days. Today I had to run errands for my Mom, she's still in the house I grew up in. I had to go into the village, to a pharmacy in the place that used to be a farmer's pasture beside my uncle's house (uncle passed away a few years ago). I had to go to the auto repair shop whose original owner, I went to school with his kids. While I was waiting for them to service the car, I walked up the road to the 'new' supermarket, passed my grandparents' old house, where I remember playing as a child (sadly it's not very well kept by its present owners), the supermarket is beside another uncle's old house (my Mom is one of 9 siblings!). I walked past places I used to play, places I fell off my bike, places I used to be up to no good *g*... that's the first time in forever that I could just stop at a place for a minute and remember. *Sigh* It's changed a lot, but some things are still pretty much the same. The saddest thing is my other uncle's farm - aunt and uncle still live in the farmhouse they've sold all their pasture land and it will soon be developed into mixed use - residential and commercial. Paving Paradise and putting up a parking lot :(

Georgia and the town I live in now, are my home and where my life is, but boy, there's something very powerful about connecting again with one's roots. The connection I feel to where I came from, is still surprisingly strong. Been waxing nostalgic all afternoon :)

Sorry to ramble... it's been a surprisingly emotional day. Sort of ironic that I'm touching base with who I am and where I came from, as I'm waiting to take on the nationality of the country I call home now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went past Parliament Hill on Saturday on my way from the airport, to the hospital in Hull. I'm actually on the Quebec side, but only about 10 minutes from Parliament Hill. I used to have a favourite bench where I'd people-watch sometimes, behind the Library of Parliament. Fun watching the tourists come and go, and it was my 'thinking place.' Spent my childhood here, lived in Ottawa proper for about 8 years then moved to Perth, Ontario about 45 minutes from Ottawa, before moving to the Atlanta area. This wouldn't have been my favourite time of year to come back here, but it wasn't a pleasure trip. Autumn here (say, about a month ago) I think this is the most beautiful place on Earth with the fall colours. I guess you can take the person out of the town, but you can't take the town out of the person :)

Filed: Timeline

Interview tomorrow and I am concerned in what I am going to be wearing instead of the questions and the documentation which I don't have ready yet.

Dressing should be like when we go for an office job interview, but then it really doesn't matter. When I recently went with my wife for her naturalization interview, I noticed that 97% of applicants were in jeans and 3 guys were in summer-short even though it was so chilly and windy. One shouldn't have to look like a professional wall-street kinda person; rather neat, clean and simple with sober dressing. At govt. offices, simple but nice dressing should be on, in my personal opinion, over jeans/shorts etc....

I went there from Buffalo (in NY) and then Ontario (Niagra Falls) and then a day later in Ottawa by driving. Whenever I get even a day or two off, I just run there. As I said that Canada is my favorite place to visit...too much history and memories I have with Canada besides love being there. Yes, it's so nice to see tourists over there in front of Parliament Hill. And you are absolutely right that you can take the person out of the town, but you can't take the town out of the person :)

I went past Parliament Hill on Saturday on my way from the airport, to the hospital in Hull. I'm actually on the Quebec side, but only about 10 minutes from Parliament Hill. I used to have a favourite bench where I'd people-watch sometimes, behind the Library of Parliament. Fun watching the tourists come and go, and it was my 'thinking place.' Spent my childhood here, lived in Ottawa proper for about 8 years then moved to Perth, Ontario about 45 minutes from Ottawa, before moving to the Atlanta area. This wouldn't have been my favourite time of year to come back here, but it wasn't a pleasure trip. Autumn here (say, about a month ago) I think this is the most beautiful place on Earth with the fall colours. I guess you can take the person out of the town, but you can't take the town out of the person :)

Yup it's NYC. It was originally scheduled on OCt 29th but was cancelled due to the Hurricane and today i found a mail with the new appointment (Dec 6th) . Really wanna get it over with :).. can't wait!

Edited by mayfilerpali

You know I love you guys so very but very much!!!!!!!!!!!

:))))))))))))))))

I passed...

She was bitching but she was so cute... I liked her so much... She did a great Job at that... I thanks USCIS for the journey... and Yes you guys "USCIS " ROCK big time.... or at least the people who died in the wars for this country they are the True heros...

I want to thanks to all of those who scarified their life.

Guys I passed...

Guys I passed...

Guys they offered me an OATH for the 6th of december but I won't be able to attend because I have a class at that time.... That sucks because I want it to become citizen to bring my father as soon as possible...

I love you guys....

Let's celebrate......

For those waiting I want to say it is worthy....

Please let celebrates with a BEER please here in the forum ...

I love you all...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.