SteelFaithU2

Trying to avoid an RFE

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

By the time I received the NOA2, I was hoping to go back to the Philippines to be with my fiance again and help her with the process and alleviate the stress and suffering for both of us. I would have plenty of money in my savings to be able to do that, but I don't want to jeopardize the visa interview. I was hoping I could just use my recent pay stubs, my family member as a co-sponsor, and my bank account to fulfill their financial requirements.

So my birth certificate I received at birth should be fine then? I hear so much conflicting info on here sometimes :P Although, according to their requirements, it made it sound like they needed both the passport and birth certificate? Maybe I missed the "or", but I'll go see what it said on their instructions again.

Looks fine but keep-up currant income. You will loose time at work. but, remember, your not working right now. The Co-Sponsor question be careful about. Not the Philipphines in most cases so it is read. The Bank Account. Good, but count on Currant Income for her interview.

Oh missed that question. She will not be issued a Passport without all her details. Birth Cert, etc. Money Money Money....

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

These may or maynot be overlooked. The $10,000.00 will have little impact but it what you are bringing in as income to provide is what will count. Just my thought

Ok then. Do they ask about your job, and will a skilled labor license - such as a Certified Nurses Aid license - be asked to be shown, or be part of showing my ability to earn income?

Timeline

Ok then. Do they ask about your job, and will a skilled labor license - such as a Certified Nurses Aid license - be asked to be shown, or be part of showing my ability to earn income?

Your ability to show you can support her will be with Currant Income and past employment such as Tax Returns. Like 2011 for example. Your education means nothing if your unemployed. You are not facing a review board. You are only showing proof you can substain and provide above poverty lines for you and her. Try and exceed those lines

The Economy is Rough right now but USCIS does not care. This has delayed my petition as well and is why I want to help you...

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

Looks fine but keep-up currant income. You will loose time at work. but, remember, your not working right now. The Co-Sponsor question be careful about. Not the Philipphines in most cases so it is read. The Bank Account. Good, but count on Currant Income for her interview.

Oh missed that question. She will not be issued a Passport without all her details. Birth Cert, etc. Money Money Money.... More so, issued a Visa if and when that time comes...

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

God Strength. I wish you the best. Your sincerity is putting you to the test.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

I'm not sure where this kind of response is coming from, I was attempting to answer the OP's question as well and he was getting conflicting information. I am not a solid brick wall, or an oak log, nor am I making any personal comments. I'd appreciate if you didn't talk down to me when I am doing exactly what you are doing - attempting to help the OP. He was worried that he would have problems because he did not include all pages of his passport, but he included his birth certificate, and that is sufficient. That is all. Thank you.

I read futhur than that. There are many questions scattered in this post. Maybe you can read and lend advice to Several of them as well. Such as: Co-Sponsor, unemployment, Currant income. Doubts about mistakes on the Original Petition. You can change the name but you can't change youself. I never mind being told I'm wrong if that is the case. But, what I told the OP is Solid for the Journey.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

I read futhur than that. There are many questions scattered in this post. Maybe you can read and lend advice to Several of them as well. Such as: Co-Sponsor, unemployment, Currant income. Doubts about mistakes on the Original Petition. You can change the name but you can't change youself. I never mind being told I'm wrong if that is the case. But, what I told the OP is Solid for the Journey.

I did answer his original question about a co-sponsor, though I am not familiar with how it works in the Philippines, so rather than give incorrect information, I stopped commenting on that one part of his post.

"You can change the name but you can't change yourself." I have no idea where these kinds of comments are coming from, honestly. All I said was that it is the passport OR birth certificate required for proof of US citizenship. The personal attacks aren't necessary, and are pretty confusing, actually. So please stop it.

OP - I hope you've gotten the information you need.

Timeline

Hello everyone, I needed to know if I can send in more evidence for petition to avoid getting an RFE since I'm just waiting to hear back from immigration. When I originally sent my petition, I wasn't aware of this forum, and the instructions from the USCIS website were vague on details of what they consider primary and secondary evidence. I thought a lot of the evidence I had would only be needed on the interview date, but now I see that I should have sent in more info with my I-29F.

What I did send was 6 photos showing us together(face and body pics), proposal pics, and us together with her family and friends; our hotel booking (but it only has my name on it); a photo of my stamps from PHI immigration (not a scan); my boarding passes and tickets; Western Union money transfer receipts (with both of our names on it); and all the other info they blatantly requested - except I didn't copy each page of my passport :(

Kathy has the other primary evidence with her though; such as the Engagement Ring Receipt with both of our names; our apartment we leased together for the month (with both of our names). As far as I'm aware, our daily communication and correspondence is not needed to the interview though, correct?

So what should I do about this? Is there anything else missing I should provide as well? Any help is greatly appreciated - cheers!

Edit: Oh, and if I'm going to have a family member co-sponsor my fiance, when and how should I go about doing so?

You sent more than I did and we were approved with no RFE. I didnt copy my passport. How about the letter of intent to marry with in 90 days? I didnt see u list those documents and it requires her signature along with the 325G. Same advice dint send any more documents until and if u get an RFE. Good Luck, :thumbs: you should be OK!

Timeline

Yea, i'm just a little confused, but I guess i'll find out for sure once I hear back from them in regards to the evidence they need (either the birth card, passport, or both).

If I'm actively employed and have an income, but I'm taking an extended leave from work - let's say for a few month - would the US Manila Embassy likely care about that? If I show them my most recent bank statement and pay stubs, I don't see why they would if it's over the 125% poverty level....

Edited by SteelFaithU2

The guides here at VJ state:

Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport.

If you only sent the birth certificate, you are fine. That's all we sent and we had no issues.

All they care about is your income and whether it meets their requirements. You taking a few months off will not impact anything.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yea, i'm just a little confused, but I guess i'll find out for sure once I hear back from them in regards to the evidence they need (either the birth card, passport, or both).

If I'm actively employed and have an income, but I'm taking an extended leave from work - let's say for a few month - would the US Manila Embassy likely care about that? If I show them my most recent bank statement and pay stubs, I don't see why they would if it's over the 125% poverty level....

As Evylin already stated a few times in this thread, if you provided your birth certificate as proof of US citizenship, then you do not need to also include copies of the pages of your passport too. It is one or the other. If you provide a birth certificate, then you can just send in copies of the pages in your passport that show the stamps to prove proof of meeting in person.

If you make more than the 125% requirement for your household size annually, then it does not matter how many days, weeks or months it took to work for the income. Showing a letter from your employer stating your position and salary plus a few months worth of your most recent pay stubs proves your current annual gross income.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Hi guys, I did have a question about what we've been talking about. It says they wanted me to copy both sides of my birth certificate, but only one side had any information on it; the only thing on the back was blank white and you can vaguely make out a seal on the back, but there's no way you can see it by scanning it. So I just copied the side with all the info on it. Is this going to cause a problem though?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.