frombrazil

I-864 filled by petitioner and sponsor

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks to a lot of replies we are ALMOST done filling out the affidavit or support! Anyways, ALL help is highly appreciated!!!

A little input here first: my fiancée (the USC) is a day care worker and she has just started working. She's a full time student therefore can't sponsor me. Her mother will be a joint sponsor (filling with form I-864, no combined income). She makes enough to support us on her W2s, so her gross annual income is already enough. Even living in the same house, the household size is: 2 for my fiancée's I-864 (fiancée and I) and 4 for my mother-in-law (fiancée, her parents and I).

A few more questions arose, they are the following:

1 - for the I-134 that we submitted to the consulate, my mother-in-law filled out everything and sent me copies of investments, bank account, etc. For the I-864 can she list ONLY her income from the W2 and leave the other financial resources in blank? (btw would it be blank, N/A, or something else?) *I'm asking because BEFORE we used these, I know the form list that part as optional though.

2 - My mother-in-law files for taxes jointly with my father-in-law. How should she fill out 24b, c and d?! Does HE have to submit a I-864A then?

3 - My fiancée has started working two weeks ago. Should she list her employment on her I-864? Whatever is the case, what should she write on question 22(a), 23, 24(a, b and c), 25 (everything) and 26?

Thanks a lot everyone here on visajourney. We wouldn't be able to get this far without you. I hope these are someone else's questions too! THANK YOU once again!

Keywords: part time, I-864, sponsor, household, W2, joint taxes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks to a lot of replies we are ALMOST done filling out the affidavit or support! Anyways, ALL help is highly appreciated!!!

A little input here first: my fiancée (the USC) is a day care worker and she has just started working. She's a full time student therefore can't sponsor me. Her mother will be a joint sponsor (filling with form I-864, no combined income). She makes enough to support us on her W2s, so her gross annual income is already enough. Even living in the same house, the household size is: 2 for my fiancée's I-864 (fiancée and I) and 4 for my mother-in-law (fiancée, her parents and I).

A few more questions arose, they are the following:

1 - for the I-134 that we submitted to the consulate, my mother-in-law filled out everything and sent me copies of investments, bank account, etc. For the I-864 can she list ONLY her income from the W2 and leave the other financial resources in blank? (btw would it be blank, N/A, or something else?) *I'm asking because BEFORE we used these, I know the form list that part as optional though.

2 - My mother-in-law files for taxes jointly with my father-in-law. How should she fill out 24b, c and d?! Does HE have to submit a I-864A then?

3 - My fiancée has started working two weeks ago. Should she list her employment on her I-864? Whatever is the case, what should she write on question 22(a), 23, 24(a, b and c), 25 (everything) and 26?

Thanks a lot everyone here on visajourney. We wouldn't be able to get this far without you. I hope these are someone else's questions too! THANK YOU once again!

Keywords: part time, I-864, sponsor, household, W2, joint taxes.

Is this for the filing of your AOS? You need to be married first and have a spouse, not a fiancee.

For AOS your wife needs to fill out her own I-864 and provide her most recent year's tax transcript or a statement as to why she was not required to file taxes, letter from employer and a few months worth of her most recent pay stubs. Her mother, the joint sponsor, fills out her own I-864 and enters her individual incomes from the last 3 years of tax filings for #25. She enters her current income(what she is making now, annually for 2012) for the others. Since you said she makes enough on her own, then no need for the father to fill out the I-864A. There is also no need to list assets if her income alone is enough. You leave that part blank. If your wife is not claimed as a dependent on her taxes, then she is not counted in the mother's household size. The mother should provide most recent tax transcript and a copy of her W-2 to show her individual 2011 income, a letter from employer, a few months worth of her most recent pay stubs, and proof of being a USC or LPR.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

We are not married yet therefore she's my fiancée, they are filling out their forms now so we can file for AOS as soon as we get married. To avoid saying "soon to be mother-in-law" all the time I went straight to "mother-in-law". Hence this is posted under "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from family based visas", yes. This is for the adjustment of status. I'm sorry I didn't clear that up!

Thanks Jay-Kay, you've helped a lot on my last post here as well. I guess your reply here satisfies the first two questions.

What about the last question? Any input on that one?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Okay. I was just confused as to why you still had a fiancee but were filing for AOS. If your fiancee will be taking your last name when you marry, then she should fill out the I-864 in her married name. If not, doesn't even matter. :P

Yes, she should put down her employment because she is in fact working. On #22, she should put what her job position is and who her employer is. For #23, she needs to take her hourly wage and multiply that by how many hours she works a week. Then, multiply that by 52 and she will have her current annual income. #24 a. is just a repeat of #23, b. would be None and c. would again be the same as #23 and 24 a., and d. and e. would remain unchecked.

For #25, if she has filed taxes in the last 3 years, then she puts her total income from those tax returns there. If she did not file taxes, then she needs to put something like N/A-NO INCOME-DID NOT FILE on the lines and provide a statement as to why she was not legally required to file.

As for #26: Does your wife have enough liquid assets to make up for the shortcoming in her income times 3? If not, then she doesn't need to list assets at all unless she just wants to.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

That's extremely helpful! Thank you very much! I can't write anything but numbers on question 25 (the pdf file won't let me do so). Should I fill out the form on the computer and write "see attachment" by hand in there?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That's extremely helpful! Thank you very much! I can't write anything but numbers on question 25 (the pdf file won't let me do so). Should I fill out the form on the computer and write "see attachment" by hand in there?

Yes. Read the form instructions (page 8) to learn what a sponsor would submit if they were not required to file a return for any of the past 3 years.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Thanks Anh Map, I've read the form instructions. My question was regarding the technical part of the filling, I didn't know I could just complete something by hand when the form was filled out on the computer already. Whenever I type N/A or "see attachment" on those blanks they turn back into numbers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks Anh Map, I've read the form instructions. My question was regarding the technical part of the filling, I didn't know I could just complete something by hand when the form was filled out on the computer already. Whenever I type N/A or "see attachment" on those blanks they turn back into numbers.

Just fill in the "see attachment" by hand and then label the attachment(s). Give each question/topic its own sheet.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.