visaquestions69

POE Question (B2 Visa)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine will be coming to visit in August. We aren't exactly sure if we consider ourselves in an official relationship but we are "romantic". She already has a B-2 visa that was issued last month.

My questions are as follows. When she applied for the B-2 Visa, she listed me as a US contact. She was asked during the interview if I was her boyfriend, which she responded no to because we were not dating at the time. Our relationship is more serious now, though. Will this be a problem at POE? The main purpose of her visit is just tourism, but she will be staying with me. If they ask who I am, what does she say? Friend? Boyfriend? We're not sure? If they do ask who I am, do they have a record of her statements during the B-2 interview?

Thanks for the help.

Clark.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Teddy. That is true, but I'm just worried she will get tripped up during the interview - she's not a native English speaker and it's her first time traveling outside of her home country. We have been romantic, but don't attach a label to our relationship because neither of us are in a position to do long distance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Never lie to immigration, but also don't volunteer info. She may not even be asked the question but if she is, she should tell the truth based on your relationship at the time of travel.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.