356 posts in this topic

Try 081 583 8221 or 081 583 8220.

Its someones desk...don't ask how I got them....i think its from 3-5 though...sorry I'm so late getting it to you...don't evn know if it'll help, hoping so...good luck!

Got a favor to ask of you, would you mind looking in DCF section for my post...you might be able to give me a hand...GO MAKE THAT PHONE CALL!

Edited by breezy

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had computer problems yesterday, I couldn't post! Anyways, here's what I had to say....

To all of you wonderful Ital/American ladies.....I hope you had a great Feste delle Donne Day! (F)(F)

and Alex......wondering where you are....you didn't post after your doctor's visit....hmm? Has baby Sean arrived!!!?? Hope your both well, looking forward to hearing from you! :luv:

Paola....Ciao! Your husband only knows how to say Good Morning in italian?! Che vergona! I'm sure he learned some bad words? Parlo abbastanza bene in italiano, solo scrivendo trovo GROSSO problemi, come poi vedere... :blush: Devo scrivvere pui spesso, sono pigra, che posso dire. :blush: Dove sei in Missouri, Io vengo da una città viccino Kansas City, poi ho visuto in Springfield per tanti anni, mi piachutto...(si scrivve cosi?! :blush: ) Hai passato un estate in Missouri ancora? Fa caldo! Adesso andiamo per trovare mei fine Marzo...non vedo l'ora! :D Oggi sto pagando per il bigletto (! come si scrive?! BIG-LETTO ho scritto ! :help:

I need more practice...you take care, and have a good day, Bree

Congrats on the AOS noemij :thumbs:

Your italian is fine :thumbs: I live in Blue Springs its a small town 25minutes from kansas city. Yeah during the summertime was very HOT!! But in my house my hubby likes to have the airconditioning all the time and it was so cold i had to wear sweaters all the time! This winter wasnt bad at all we only had snow 2times :yes: !I just got a plane ticket also,Im goin to Italy to see my family at the end of march...Hopefully i will get this greencard so my trip back will be smoother. We all know how bad it is when you gotta go through the immigration :huh:

Ciao!!Paola

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Try 081 583 8221 or 081 583 8220.

Its someones desk...don't ask how I got them....i think its from 3-5 though...sorry I'm so late getting it to you...don't evn know if it'll help, hoping so...good luck!

Got a favor to ask of you, would you mind looking in DCF section for my post...you might be able to give me a hand...GO MAKE THAT PHONE CALL!

Breezy, what part of Italy do you live in? Was it hard to adjust to living there? My husband would really like us to move over there and although I have lived in Italy before (Florence and Milan), I haven't warmed up to the idea. I guess it has to do with how difficult it is to find a job in my field over there.

To the USC, are any of you going through the process of getting Italian citizenship?

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys...

I finally find a minute to post here...march, 7th they decided to induce me at my appointment so baby Sean Thomas was born on march, 8th at 4:43 pm, he weighed 7.15 x 21 inches long, we had a very complicated and long delivery that lasted 28 hours...what matters is that everything turned out fine in the end, even though I am pretty beat up at the moment...lots of stitches because of a 3rd degree tear in not so funny places...but it is getting better. :yes:

I am not sure how often I will be able to post in here, we are still trying to get into some sort of routine and everything is slowed down because I need to recover, so thanks everyone for your thoughts and congrats, hopefully I will have a minute every now and then.

So here's the little guy...needless to say me and Eric are totally in love (L)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Wow, there's been a string of good news in the Italia, the greatest of which is this latest bit! (L)

Congratulations, Alex and Eric! Sean is so beautiful; he looks so serene and content. :P I'm glad you've got such a sweet outlook in spite of the pain you must be feeling now. (Here's wishing for a speedy recovery) :) At least everyone is home now. Your house must be a-buzz with this new addition. How ethereal and lovely! :luv:

Stay warm (well, it's cold in MI; I don't know about DC) and healthy and well-fed. Stop in when you have strength, but know we're all thinking of you and sending smiles and vibes.

Ciao, K.

You will never grow old to me, or die, or be lost in any way.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Hello guys...

I finally find a minute to post here...march, 7th they decided to induce me at my appointment so baby Sean Thomas was born on march, 8th at 4:43 pm, he weighed 7.15 x 21 inches long, we had a very complicated and long delivery that lasted 28 hours...what matters is that everything turned out fine in the end, even though I am pretty beat up at the moment...lots of stitches because of a 3rd degree tear in not so funny places...but it is getting better. :yes:

I am not sure how often I will be able to post in here, we are still trying to get into some sort of routine and everything is slowed down because I need to recover, so thanks everyone for your thoughts and congrats, hopefully I will have a minute every now and then.

So here's the little guy...needless to say me and Eric are totally in love (L)

awwwwwww e' meraviglioso!!Im sorry u had a rough time with the delivery but it was worthed Sean is a little angel :luv: Give him a kiss from us and take care of yourself :yes: Congratulations!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance: Welcome Sean :dance::dance::dance:

He's a pisces so he'll be an handsome and smart boy...just like all other pisces...like me! ahahaha!

BTW: A&E my most sincere contratulations on your wonderful baby! He really looks so calm in the picture! I'm sorry about the delivery but I'm sure the joy of your son is the most effective painkiller you need.

Are you guys hanging the blue ribbon at the house door like we do here in Italy?!?!

Ula (NYC - USA) & Daniel (Florence - Italy)

----------------------------------------------------------

(see my profile for detailed timeline)

VSC Timeline (days from filing)

9/16/2005 - I-130 sent to VSC

10/17/2005 - PETITION APPROVED (31)

NVC Timeline (days from filing/days at NVC)

10/27/2005 - NVC rec'd and assigned case # (41/1)

01/06/2006 - CASE COMPLETE (111/71)

01/11/2006 - Case forwarded to Consulate in Naples (116/76)

US Consulate in Naples - Italy (days from filing)

04/03/2006 - Medical exam (198)

04/04/2006 - Interview and visa granted - JOURNEY'S OVER (199)

:luv::luv: OH SEAN, YOUR FINALLY HERE, AND YOUR SOOO BEAUTIFUL, MY EYES ARE WELLED UP WITH JOY FOR YOU THREE! :luv::luv: SORRY THINGS WERE SO ROUGH FOR YOU ALEX, I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU, GLAD TO HEAR YOUR ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, HAVE ANY WORRIES, LET ME KNOW, I GOT CONNECTIONS OVER HERE, LOL. HOPE YOU HAVE SOMEONE THERE TO GIVE YOU TWO NEW PARENTS A HELPING HAND. SO HAPPY FOR YOU! A KISS FOR THE :innocent:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Well, you won't believe this.

I called again the consulate and with my huge surprise I was transferred to the Visa office...I was even more surprised, but maybe better shocked, to hear that my interview and medical were scheduled for March 7/8 and that they've sent me a letter on Feb 22. Needless to say I never received such letter and indeed I requested them 3 times before to send me everything by email. I was rescheduled for April 3/4...

Thanx Bree for the phone # it helped a bit to get through the offices...I'm just very mad b/c I could have completed everything by now...

Again best wishes to Alex, Eric and wonderful Sean!

Ula (NYC - USA) & Daniel (Florence - Italy)

----------------------------------------------------------

(see my profile for detailed timeline)

VSC Timeline (days from filing)

9/16/2005 - I-130 sent to VSC

10/17/2005 - PETITION APPROVED (31)

NVC Timeline (days from filing/days at NVC)

10/27/2005 - NVC rec'd and assigned case # (41/1)

01/06/2006 - CASE COMPLETE (111/71)

01/11/2006 - Case forwarded to Consulate in Naples (116/76)

US Consulate in Naples - Italy (days from filing)

04/03/2006 - Medical exam (198)

04/04/2006 - Interview and visa granted - JOURNEY'S OVER (199)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Alex congratulations on the new baby, and I hope you are able to establish a routine with him. Are any family members coming from Italy? If I'm not mistaken, this is the first baby for this group?

Dmencaroni, my husband's interview letter was also lost in the mail and he had to reschedule the interview. Good luck on your interview.

Kaalyx, I guess the groundhog was right this time because it is cold everywhere!!! It's nippy here in DC.

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

MY COMPUTER IS freaking out! I'm trying to post but can't!! UGG! You'll all hear from me soon as i can get a word in! :angry::blush::crying::help:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Well, you won't believe this.

I called again the consulate and with my huge surprise I was transferred to the Visa office...I was even more surprised, but maybe better shocked, to hear that my interview and medical were scheduled for March 7/8 and that they've sent me a letter on Feb 22. Needless to say I never received such letter and indeed I requested them 3 times before to send me everything by email. I was rescheduled for April 3/4...

Thanx Bree for the phone # it helped a bit to get through the offices...I'm just very mad b/c I could have completed everything by now...

Again best wishes to Alex, Eric and wonderful Sean!

Wow, D. :no: That's absurd. I'm sorry this mix-up had to happen. And to think how much longer you'd have have to wait had you NOT been calling regularly. Sheesh. There seems to be no oversight at the Embassy. Is someone stealing Embassy mail? ... In any case, now you have something to look forward to. Will your wife come for a visit? ... Just 2.5 more weeks and you can be done with this nonsense! Congratulations on getting this far :)

You will never grow old to me, or die, or be lost in any way.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

D- Goodness that's horrible, sorry about your setback. Your almost there though!

Ciao Paola!

noemij-Sorry it has taken me FORever to get to you, computer dosen't want to keep a connection...I've been having to send e-mails by word pad copy n pasting! Darn wireless junk!

Anyways, we live in Verona, and I LOVE ITALY! :thumbs: At the begining I did have a hard time adjusting, I didn't speak the language, no drivers licence, no independence, no self-confidence, blah blah. Quickly those things were over come, and I almost hate to leave! There are lots of things we are considering, there are pro's and con's about every place on this greenish Earth.

I could go on and on about why I prefer one place to the other. In our case, Italy is not an easy place for my husband to find work in his field, as an airline pilot. It is likley we will be forced to live somewhere else in Europe, and we would prefer to be in one country or the other, U.S. or Italy. This is one of the main reasons we are considering moving to the U.S. On the other hand, in my husbands case, pay is better here, more vcation days, etc. My only advise to you is this, have husbands citizenship in hand or close to it, before starting your life abroad. If things don't work out you won't be spending money and stress keeping his status.

I could go more in detail about why we are thinking about moving. I prefer Italy for a million reasons, when it all comes down to it, I like the people's way of being. No offense to any Americans now! And I, not having a college education, have advantages here, but in the U.S. I don't....but my husband does....ugg,it's a hard decision to make. I could go more in detail, if you'd like more ideas/pro/con's IMO, let me know! Good luck deciding what's best for your family! ;)

Ciao a tutti!!Im finally goin back to Italy for a vacation,i leave monday. This is the first time that i leave my hubby after 8months togheter and its gonna be hard :crying: but I gotta go see my family!Does anyone know if i can renew my italian passport even if its not expired yet,or add my hubby name on it someway?

Filed: Timeline

Congrats Alex! :luv: I am sure you are VERY busy. Post more pictures when you get time. What color are his eyes? :blush:

Guess what? Stefano and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks starting in the end of July through mid August :dance::dance::dance: I am so excited. So is his family. I am buying the tickets today.

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.