356 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

:dance: Congratulations! :dance:

Now comes the fun part--reunion :luv:

Best wishes for a safe and happy flight for your hubby :star:

Antonio got his visa in Naples this morning and just called to let me know :) We're both so pleased. I'm getting plane tickets right now for Sunday.

He didn't tell me much about the medical, only to say that he had to have 2 shots and his arm hurts. :o ... The interview was pretty typical. Antonio said the man who interviewed him was a kind American man. :star: The questions asked were:

1) What work did you do in the military?

2) What work does your wife do at the university?

3) When did your wife start work at the university?

4) Where did you and your wife meet? (in a 3rd country)

5) What were was your wife doing in this country?

6) How long was she there?

7) When did you marry?

8) Your passport has been red-flagged since August 2005. Do you understand why? (He did, because our attorney had done an FOIA request, and I've been in touch with the General Consul of USCIS since I got married.)

Whew, so now I can live again. I have been nervous all morning, which I hadn't expected.

I wish all the best to those coming after us! Daniel and Maria (maria_b84, who was kind enough to contact my husband and offer reassuring words before the interivew) -- may your journeys be as smooth :) And yes, D, I would say it's time to start the paper blitz! (And the Stefano thing was pretty funny. I needed some comic relief that day.) ~Ciao.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you, ace13, for the dancing smilies and the congratulations :) ... I'm soooo very happy. My husband has regained the levity and youthfulness that disappeared around interview time. ... I'm prepping slowly for his arrival on Sunday. Oh, happy day ... ! And then I can start that exercise routine I've been talking about :) ...

Onwards and upwards ... !

You will never grow old to me, or die, or be lost in any way.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
I went off the pill 4 months ago and we are doing Natural Family Planning. It is so cool.

Anna, my ex-husband and I were quite impressed because we did NFP for over a year with no failure.

About a year after that, we discovered we were infertile. No wonder we were so good at it :lol:

On another note, I have an aunt/uncle whose last name is Wythem. They jokingly refer to their daughter (much younger than their sons) as Rhythm Wythem :D

Okay, couldn't resist. I had to have some fun today :jest:

Antonio got his visa in Naples this morning and just called to let me know :) We're both so pleased. I'm getting plane tickets right now for Sunday.

:dance:Congratulations! :dance:

Nice to see you again Angela...did you eventually try the recipe I gave you for pasta and lenticchie? Please let me know.

Not yet. I try to not cook Italian for him too close to his trips to Italy. If he compares me to his mamma's cooking, he might be sick eating mine :hehe: Once he comes home from this trip, I'll give it a few weeks and try it then. Thanks :thumbs:

Edited by akwalta

Angela (Florida) + Giancarlo (Italy)

Sep 9 01 - First date

Feb 13 04 - Engaged

Feb 20 04 - (day 0) NOA1

Jul 3 04 (day 134) - Received and returned RFE - another copy of divorce decree

Aug 2 04 (day 164) - NOA2!

Aug 9 04 (day 171) - at NVC

Aug 12 04(day 174) - NVC sent to Naples

Aug 23 04 (day 185) - Packet 3

Aug 25 04 (day 187) - Packet 3 returned

Sep 10 04 (day 213) - Packet 4

Sep 27 04 - (day 230) Consulate physical

Sep 28 04 - (day 231) Visa interview successful - he has VISA!

Oct 14 04 - (day 247) He is HOME!

Dec 18 04 - We are MARRIED!

Dec 31 04 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed to Chicago

Jan 5 05 - AOS/EAD NOA1

Jan 8 05 - AP rejection letter received, due to my error

Jan 26 05 - AP NOA1

Feb 18 05 - biometrics appointment & EAD approved online

Feb 26 05 - EAD received

Mar 2 05 - AOS fingerprints processed

Apr 1 05 - AOS NOA2 received! (dated 3-24-05)

Apr 11 05 - AP approved online

Apr 16 05 - AP received

May 5 05 - AOS interview successful

May 13 05 - Green card arrived in the mail

:D:dance: Sending Congrats to Kaalyx on Antonio's visa!! :D:dance:

:yes: Bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

oh and for anyones FYI.....I'm looking for tickets to the U.S. and am finding low fares on edreams.it

One way is $$$, but round trips are 500 E and under!

Hope all is well with everyone here, a big belly rub full of love to Alex and Sean,

and a big hello to Angela and Ace! TC all! Bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Congrats to Antonio and Kaalyx :dance: Now the best part comes, reunion!!!! I must confess I'm a bit lost since Naples is still bouncing me off...I feel a bit depressed :( I've sent them other emails and a very "hard but polite" fax and had no answer...they would not put me through the IV office when I call...maybe they hear my italian accent....my wife keeps telling me to be patient but i'm not... :angry:

Thanx to K and Alex for the congrats....can't wait for this last "pain" to be over...

Hope the rest of the crowd is well and send you a big ciao!

Daniel

Ula (NYC - USA) & Daniel (Florence - Italy)

----------------------------------------------------------

(see my profile for detailed timeline)

VSC Timeline (days from filing)

9/16/2005 - I-130 sent to VSC

10/17/2005 - PETITION APPROVED (31)

NVC Timeline (days from filing/days at NVC)

10/27/2005 - NVC rec'd and assigned case # (41/1)

01/06/2006 - CASE COMPLETE (111/71)

01/11/2006 - Case forwarded to Consulate in Naples (116/76)

US Consulate in Naples - Italy (days from filing)

04/03/2006 - Medical exam (198)

04/04/2006 - Interview and visa granted - JOURNEY'S OVER (199)

Timeline

Thanks, Bree, Alex, Angela and Daniel! You guys are awesome :) ... I'm twiddling my thumbs here because he'll be here in 3.5 hours -- a little later than expected b/c the plane is 46 minutes late :crying:. Yes, I've been tracking the plane in flight. I don't like to wait in airports and prefer to arrive as soon as he leaves the baggage claim.

I think I've done everything I wanted to do before he gets here. I've got tons of food, prosecco, cheeses, wine, sangria, fresh pink and purple tulips throughout the house, new little touches (vases, Italian books and magazine subscriptions on subjects he's interested in, the calendar of his family's business hanging in the kitchen). Everything's dusted, washed and spotless. Towels are laid out. I still need to vacuum and wash the car, though.

I'm strangely (?) calm. I've been preparing for this day since I left Italy on Jan 8, so I've settled into this moment quite well. I hope we can just pick up where we left off, singing U2 songs in the car on the way to Fiumicino. And it's a beautiful day here too. The sun is out, and by Jove, send us more such afternoons as this :luv:

Ciao!

I'm always so tired now that I do not spend too much time on the computer, also because chairs and staying sitted for too long really kill my already hurting back...I just entered my 38th week, and last night full moon started so hopefully the baby won't make us wait too long... :whistle: Despite how much I love to feel him move I am tired of being pregnant! We are both ready to meet the baby, even though labour and delivery, as I probably said before, are a really scary/fixed thought at the moment. :help:

So what plans are you guys making for San Valentino? Anything special? We are probably just staying at home, I do get sooo tired...but Eric said he has something really special to give me this year...mmmhhh very curious!! He has such a great taste when he picks stuff for me, I know I will love it whatever it is. (L)

Angela,

I am sure you'll do great if you follow the recipe... :thumbs: I will be waiting to hear how it goes.

Kaalyx,

once again congrats!! I get the feeling we won't get to see you too much around here in the next days... :whistle:

Breezy,

hello girl!!!! Nice to see you again. :star: Thanks for your PM too, I have been meaning to reply and then I keep forgetting...please bear with me, being absentminded is a very typical trait of pregnant women. :blink:

One other thing...for flight tickets you can also check www.travelprice.it, that's where I usually found the best deals for both nationa and international flights. And it gives you the option to insure the ticket in case you need to cancel/change it.

Did you guys see the opening ceremony of Torino 2006 winter games? I thought they did a really outstanding job, for once I wasn't bored!! I actually read all kind of positive reviews about it all over the world, made me even prouder to be an Italiana! (L)

Time to rest on the couch now...have a great day everyone! (F)

Edited by alexcrv76

Ciao! (F)

Alex, I did watch the Opening Ceremonies. Stefano is missing home SOOOO much now that it is on TV every night. The 9 year old from Bologna that sung the national anthem was so angelic. The only part that was wierd for me was the plastic cows Alp part in the beginning. I definately think it was successful. Didn't Sofia Loren look old--I have always thought that she held her age beautifully--but for the first time, she looked made up and older. I guess you can't fight it forever :no:

I pray for a safe, easy labor for you and baby Sean. He will come when he is good and ready, I am sure :yes: How exciting--any day now! :blush:

Kaalyx---IS HE HOME?????? :thumbs:

I am sure you are busy getting reaquainted :luv: Congrats (F)

Naturalization!!!!

Didn't Sofia Loren look old--I have always thought that she held her age beautifully--but for the first time, she looked made up and older. I guess you can't fight it forever

I never really liked her...when she was young she was kinda "thick" and kinda vulgar looking, with age a better figure/look came but her face started stretching beyond belief more and more...I get the feeling she can barely close her mouth now... I am sure if we had her money, lifestyle and plastic surgeon we'd hold our age even more beautifully than she does :lol:

I pray for a safe, easy labor for you and baby Sean. He will come when he is good and ready, I am sure How exciting--any day now!

And thank you so much, you are too sweet. (L) We are definately impatient for him to show up...I guess we can only wait... :whistle::)

Happy Valentine's day to everyone!! (L)

Timeline

I'm anxious for baby news! May he come soon :), and may the backache and strain go away! And Alex, what was your Valentine's Day surprise? ... Nio and I didn't do much for the occasion. I gave him a card, he gave me chocolates -- mostly out of a sense of obligation to the day. His homecoming was gift enough. But we did go for a long walk, and planned to go to the cinema to see "Roman Holiday", then head to a jazz club, but he was so jet lagged, that we spent the night in talking. And we went to bed early.

But it's been wonderful having him back. I lost my calm when I was waiting at the airport. He only emerged from customs 1.5 hours after the plane landed, and I was crying for most of that time. I can only imagine what the people around me must have thought :o Anyway, it's been fabulous having him here. There's been a lot to keep us busy (social visits, family stuff, bureaucratic stuff, catching up with other). Gosh, it's been less than 3 days, but we've been running around like crazy. ...

Anyway, I won't be a stranger! Hope everyone's doing well. ... More soon ... !

I'm anxious for baby news! May he come soon , and may the backache and strain go away! And Alex, what was your Valentine's Day surprise?

Thanks! (L) I hope to give you all baby news pretty soon as well :star:

I am attaching a pic of my surprise...I guess being pregnant has its benefits... :whistle::D It is real, meaning it is a 1/2 carat of diamonds total :blush: I was speechless... (L)

Buonanotte a tutti! (F)

Babies :huh: Any Babies :blush: Just checking :P

Naturalization!!!!

Hello guys!!Im from Italy also and i just moved to the states few months ago. Yeah i married an american guy :P ! I got my greencard interview tomorrow :( everything should be fine! Anyone is in Missouri?

Ciao a tutti

Paola

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.