356 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys!

I see it is kinda slow in here, I try to at least read this thread but finding the time to actually sit in front of the computer and write something is often a luxury I can't afford at the moment... :help::P

Everything's fine though, my mom was just here visiting for 2 weeks, she left april 24th and we miss her already! Needless to say she totally fell in love with Sean (L)

Here is a pic I took earlier today with an outfit my mom bought for him in front of the White House... :D

I will try to drop a line if/when I can, take care everyone!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex, He is sooo beautiful! And growing sooo fast! I remember the first picture you posted how tiny he looked and he looks so much stronger and bigger now. You must be feeding him well. That is great that your mom could come and visit. Any more visiters coming? I am sure you are emailing up a storm and keeping everyone informed--as much as you can. How much time do you have to take a break or do something for yourself or is your time all wrapped up in baby Sean's needs? Just curious. No babies yet here--just trying to prepare myself ;)

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Thank you Anna!

Yeah, he did grow A LOT...we weighed him earlier today and he is over 12 pounds already, he is quite long too. And yes, thank God I have plenty of milk for him who happens to be a very ferocious eater... :help::lol: About other visitors...my best friend really really wanted to come but she is pregnan t too, she is due in august (it's a girl --> Ginevra), my borther and his girlfriend might come in august for a couple of weeks but it is not sure yet, it depends ona few things. BTW we are planning to go back there around september, the baby has a doc's appointment on may, 8th and we'll talk to them and see how that would work out with his vaccination schedule etc., but it should be faisable.

I don't email much, just a few pics every now and then...this answers your other question as well...NO TIME for anything, there are days when I cannot get a shoiwer until late at night beofre going to sleep, just to mention one. Babies are a full time job, especially if you are breastfeeding (average they eat 8-10 times a day, sometimes more often and they decide when and how long) and they leave little to none time for anything else, but truth is it is so hard for us because we are alone, no family close by so no help from anyone and that makes everything harder. If you have grandmas or other relatives that can come over and help you with the house or maybe just hold the kid and play with him for a bit, that makes a big difference, I saw it while my mom was here. Those 2 weeks I could really really rest and recuperate from the nightmare delivery I had. Now that I re-gained most of my strength it is a lot easier to deal with everything. It is hard but it is also fun, plus I cant complain we happen to have a really good baby! Right now I actually have a minute to write because his other grandma from FL is here visiting, so she is cooking and the baby is sleeping...

Anywasy I'd better go and catch 10 minutes of sleep if I can before the piglet wakes up and wants to eat again :P

I'll leave another pic for you guys(while playing on my mom's shoulder), take care!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi guys im in italy again...My mom died 2days ago (the day before my bday ) so i had to come back. I didnt even make it for the funeral! I feel so guilty that i moved to the states and she was already sick...

I feel so bad :(

Paola, I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi guys im in italy again...My mom died 2days ago (the day before my bday ) so i had to come back. I didnt even make it for the funeral! I feel so guilty that i moved to the states and she was already sick...

I feel so bad :(

Dear Paola, As hard a time as this must be, at least you were able to go back to Italy for a visit earlier this year. I am so sorry for your loss (F), but I'm sure your mother knew (and knows!) just how much you loved her and that you would have liked to be with her in her last moments. ... Remember her with gratitude. You and your family are in my thoughts. ~K

You will never grow old to me, or die, or be lost in any way.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

I feel so bad

Paola, I am so sorry for your loss... :( Hugs for you, try to stay strong... (F)

I feel so bad

Paola, I am so sorry for your loss... :( Hugs for you, try to stay strong... (F)

I am sorry, too Paola. Your mom knows you wanted to be there, I'm sure.

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Thanks guys!! Im doin a lot better now even if now my dad is saying every 5 minutes that i should move back to italy :lol: ! Italian burocracy when someone die is OUT OF CONTROL in italy,lots of paperwork,signatures,they block your bank accounts,ect The immigration journey was easy compared to this one!!Im sure im gonna make it :yes:

Thanks guys!! Im doin a lot better now even if now my dad is saying every 5 minutes that i should move back to italy ! Italian burocracy when someone die is OUT OF CONTROL in italy,lots of paperwork,signatures,they block your bank accounts,ect The immigration journey was easy compared to this one!!Im sure im gonna make it

I am really glad to hear you are doing better, more hugs for you. (F) And yes, Italian burocracy is indeed a nightmare :help:

Sending sorries, prayers and love Paola.

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Guess whaaat everybodyyyyyyy.....

We're moving.....to........

to............

are you ready..........

to...........

to Napoli....

:huh:

Actually I'm thrilled. It's really a blessing from Heaven....

Really.....

Every aspect is soo positive for us. It was such a surprise. I've got verrry little time to pack....

Hope all is well with everyody, you'll hear more from me when we get settled...

A big hug for Paola.

And a kiss for that cutie Sean.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Tanti auguri, Alex, per la Festa della mamma! I hope everyone is enjoying the Sunday.

Daniel, how was your trip over to NY? I hope you're doing well :)

Breezy, your move sounds exciting. What made you decide on Napoli?

Well, I have to get ready: Antonio and I are driving to my mom's to meet my sister and have a small "gathering" of watching NBA and eating a mix of American and Italian foods :)

Ciao a tutti,

K

You will never grow old to me, or die, or be lost in any way.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Guess whaaat everybodyyyyyyy.....

We're moving.....to........

to............

are you ready..........

to...........

to Napoli....

:huh:

Actually I'm thrilled. It's really a blessing from Heaven....

Really.....

Every aspect is soo positive for us. It was such a surprise. I've got verrry little time to pack....

Hope all is well with everyody, you'll hear more from me when we get settled...

A big hug for Paola.

And a kiss for that cutie Sean.

What made u move to Napoli????????????? :huh::huh::huh:

I guess the excitement got the best of me.....I'll quit being sarcastic..

My husband has been hired by a new airline, based in Napoli. There really are LOTS of positive aspects about the move...We will be living with his mom, saving us money on rent and bills, all kinds of other good things, also getting us closer to our move to the U.S. This job will give my husband the choice to stay in this new company or continue the perm res. process. Choices are always a great thing to have...

I'm blabbering on. I've never packed up three years of a life so fast. :help: I need a bubble bath and a massage. :luv:

Plan to be in Napoli by Wed. You all take care 'till you hear more outta me.... :hehe:

Wish us luck! :thumbs:

Hello agatha! Don't know if your just passing through but, if you need anything just ask! Helpful bunch here!

Edited by breezy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.