356 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
D- Goodness that's horrible, sorry about your setback. Your almost there though!

Ciao Paola!

noemij-Sorry it has taken me FORever to get to you, computer dosen't want to keep a connection...I've been having to send e-mails by word pad copy n pasting! Darn wireless junk!

Anyways, we live in Verona, and I LOVE ITALY! :thumbs: At the begining I did have a hard time adjusting, I didn't speak the language, no drivers licence, no independence, no self-confidence, blah blah. Quickly those things were over come, and I almost hate to leave! There are lots of things we are considering, there are pro's and con's about every place on this greenish Earth.

I could go on and on about why I prefer one place to the other. In our case, Italy is not an easy place for my husband to find work in his field, as an airline pilot. It is likley we will be forced to live somewhere else in Europe, and we would prefer to be in one country or the other, U.S. or Italy. This is one of the main reasons we are considering moving to the U.S. On the other hand, in my husbands case, pay is better here, more vcation days, etc. My only advise to you is this, have husbands citizenship in hand or close to it, before starting your life abroad. If things don't work out you won't be spending money and stress keeping his status.

I could go more in detail about why we are thinking about moving. I prefer Italy for a million reasons, when it all comes down to it, I like the people's way of being. No offense to any Americans now! And I, not having a college education, have advantages here, but in the U.S. I don't....but my husband does....ugg,it's a hard decision to make. I could go more in detail, if you'd like more ideas/pro/con's IMO, let me know! Good luck deciding what's best for your family! ;)

Thanks Breezy...I certainly agree with you that the quality of life is better in Italy. I'll send you a PM...

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys...

sorry I am not replying to PMs, cards etc. ... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH THOUGH! (F) Please bear with me! I truly do not have any time AT ALL, right now I have a minute because he just went to sleep, so before jumping in the shower (even that became hard to fit in my schedule!) and then catch a few moments of sleep myself I thought I'd post a pic of Sean's first smile on camera. (L)

He is beautiful... :luv: Has he squirted you yet? Be sure to watch out for that one... :lol: How are you feeling? I hope all is well!

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Hope you all are well, Good luck d on your upcoming interview! We taking off to see my family in like FIVE HOURS! I need to try to fight the excitement and sleep! TC all, baci, bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

D, I hope you're able to check VJ before your big medical (& possibly interview) tomorrow! Just wanted to send you some well-wishes before the actual day. Can't wait to read on here that you have the visa in hand :)

Breezy, hope you and your husband had a pleasant flight back to the States.

Enjoy the fine weather, all :)

~K

You will never grow old to me, or die, or be lost in any way.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao a tutti,

so I got back from Naples with a virus and high fever but at least I completed this nightmare of a journey. The two days at the consulate were the easiest part of the deal. I would like to thank all of you (esp K for her precious pm) for sharing your experiences and good advice. Anyway, here is my brief summary of what happened in Naples:

1st day medical

I had appointment at 8.15 so I thought of getting there a little earlier (I stayed at a B&B nearby the Consulate...not the cheapest, 90 euros, but very practical, clean and nice). I arrived there before 8 and found a line of people waiting to get in. Finally, after 30 min, we were allowed to get into the building to wait for the medical. Thank to Alex's advices I brought with me all my vaccinations records and a recent blood work showing the anticorps as well as HIV test....this saved me from shots but not from another blood work for HIV test...when I asked the doc why they relied on Italian blood work results for the anticorps but not for the HIV test he answered that that was a mandatory US test. All in all everything went by smoothly and I was able to leave before noon....needless to say people weren't called in for the medical exam with any order...

2nd day interview

Remembering what happened the first day I took it easy and walked to the Consulate at 8.20ish...I had to wait 3 or so hours for a 5 min interview...I was asked date of birth (mine and my wife's), job (mine and my wife's), how my wife became US citizen (she was born in Poland), if we had a big wedding or a small one and what I wanted to do in the US....that's it. I had to return to the Consulate in the afternoon to pick up passport and package.

That's all for the moment...now I'm going to grade the Consulate in the proper section and it won't be a good grade at all.

Ula (NYC - USA) & Daniel (Florence - Italy)

----------------------------------------------------------

(see my profile for detailed timeline)

VSC Timeline (days from filing)

9/16/2005 - I-130 sent to VSC

10/17/2005 - PETITION APPROVED (31)

NVC Timeline (days from filing/days at NVC)

10/27/2005 - NVC rec'd and assigned case # (41/1)

01/06/2006 - CASE COMPLETE (111/71)

01/11/2006 - Case forwarded to Consulate in Naples (116/76)

US Consulate in Naples - Italy (days from filing)

04/03/2006 - Medical exam (198)

04/04/2006 - Interview and visa granted - JOURNEY'S OVER (199)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yay! :star:

It must be a strange feeling -- a little ill, but happy to be finished with immigration for a LONG time :) Congratulations on getting over this hurdle. You and your wife must be so happy that this has finally ended. ... I actually forgot to grade the embassy. Will do that soon. Isn't it amazing that it took so long for the "interview"? A more efficient system could have had that out of the way so early. My husband actually said that he was expecting an interrogation in a private room (I guess I didn't prep him so well for that). When he was called to the window, it took him a couple minutes to realize that this "post-office set-up" (his words) was the actual interview. It was a little absurd to have waited all this time for a mini-conversation. You'd think they could schedule 600 of those a day :) haha!

Glad that my PM helped you :-) and best of luck in NY! ... I'm excited to know that the last pending interview on the Italia board has been completed. Congratulations again :thumbs:

~K

You will never grow old to me, or die, or be lost in any way.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Timeline

Congrats D!!! Glad to see that this phase of the immigration process is over.

For those of you with spouses in the US, did they vote? My husband received his ballot and some brochures from the candidates. I was surprised to see that people who live overseas can run for office in Italy. What is also surprising is how much attention the Italian election is getting in our media....this week's Time magazine has an interesting article on the election and politics in Italy.

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Timeline

Thanks K and N!

I feel much better now...I can plan job hunting and future visits for interviews in the US now...that's so important for me and it was driving me crazy. I'm moving to the US on May 16...then me and Ula will have the church wedding on May 27...then honeymoon and reception in Florence with my Italian friends and family members (only a few of them will be able to afford a trip to NY in May).

Hey Alex!! Punch us a line and show us your beautiful son once again!!!

Wish all of you a wonderful w/e.

D

Congrats, D, on making it one more step--more like a giant leap forward in this process!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Holy Week and that this Easter is a special one. Alex, with her new beautiful baby boy...take lots of pictures!-they grow up fast, Breezy-either with her family or just finished with her trip...savor every moment together, D for a finished interview process so that normal life can begin-congratulations again, for Kaalyx, that AOS is painless and easy and quick! and for Paola, noemij and Angela--who are done with Immigration for awile--that whatever we are wishing and hoping for is what God wants in our lives and it comes true. I am not sure what that is in my life right now--I am just trying to get a since of organization and control--I am tired of a disorganized home and I am constantly working on it. Stefano and I would love a family, but we have to make sure we can function as a working team just the two of us first.

I love Easter time. This week is such a solumn time in the church until Easter Sunday. Palm Sunday is such a sad mass--they read how Peter denied Jesus and Judas betrayed him. Sorry for getting all religious on you! My sister-in-law is becoming a Catholic on Saturday. She married my brother 4 years ago and was baptized a Christian after birth, but has never been a member of a denomination. She chose to become Catholic so that she could share her faith with my brother and I think it is so touching. He is her sponsor and I have gone to a few masses during her process-and he the sweetest thing was when he had to bless her--I cryed because it was so sweet. He blessed her eyes so that she could see Jesus, her ears so that she would listen to Jesus, her mind so she would think of Jesus and her heart so that she would love Jesus. She will have her First Communion on Saturday and get Confirmed. Ok--I am all emotional. I'm done. :)

Have a HAPPY EASTER! May God Bless you and yours.

Anna (F)

Naturalization!!!!

Timeline
Congrats, D, on making it one more step--more like a giant leap forward in this process!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Holy Week and that this Easter is a special one. Alex, with her new beautiful baby boy...take lots of pictures!-they grow up fast, Breezy-either with her family or just finished with her trip...savor every moment together, D for a finished interview process so that normal life can begin-congratulations again, for Kaalyx, that AOS is painless and easy and quick! and for Paola, noemij and Angela--who are done with Immigration for awile--that whatever we are wishing and hoping for is what God wants in our lives and it comes true. I am not sure what that is in my life right now--I am just trying to get a since of organization and control--I am tired of a disorganized home and I am constantly working on it. Stefano and I would love a family, but we have to make sure we can function as a working team just the two of us first.

I love Easter time. This week is such a solumn time in the church until Easter Sunday. Palm Sunday is such a sad mass--they read how Peter denied Jesus and Judas betrayed him. Sorry for getting all religious on you! My sister-in-law is becoming a Catholic on Saturday. She married my brother 4 years ago and was baptized a Christian after birth, but has never been a member of a denomination. She chose to become Catholic so that she could share her faith with my brother and I think it is so touching. He is her sponsor and I have gone to a few masses during her process-and he the sweetest thing was when he had to bless her--I cryed because it was so sweet. He blessed her eyes so that she could see Jesus, her ears so that she would listen to Jesus, her mind so she would think of Jesus and her heart so that she would love Jesus. She will have her First Communion on Saturday and get Confirmed. Ok--I am all emotional. I'm done. :)

Have a HAPPY EASTER! May God Bless you and yours.

Anna (F)

Amen........

Anna, did you by any chance see the National Geographic Channel special on the gospel of Judas...very interesting stuff.

Happy Easter to you too.... :thumbs:

Timeline

just a quick one to wish an happy Easter to all of you and your families!

D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all. I wanted to stop in and say

Buona Pasqua!

I haven't been posting much because I have carpal tunnel syndrome (I work on a PC) and am trying to heal. The doctor hasn't let me return to work yet -- I've basically been at home all of '06. I think about you guys and am happy to know baby Sean is doing well :dance:

Take care,

Angela

Angela (Florida) + Giancarlo (Italy)

Sep 9 01 - First date

Feb 13 04 - Engaged

Feb 20 04 - (day 0) NOA1

Jul 3 04 (day 134) - Received and returned RFE - another copy of divorce decree

Aug 2 04 (day 164) - NOA2!

Aug 9 04 (day 171) - at NVC

Aug 12 04(day 174) - NVC sent to Naples

Aug 23 04 (day 185) - Packet 3

Aug 25 04 (day 187) - Packet 3 returned

Sep 10 04 (day 213) - Packet 4

Sep 27 04 - (day 230) Consulate physical

Sep 28 04 - (day 231) Visa interview successful - he has VISA!

Oct 14 04 - (day 247) He is HOME!

Dec 18 04 - We are MARRIED!

Dec 31 04 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed to Chicago

Jan 5 05 - AOS/EAD NOA1

Jan 8 05 - AP rejection letter received, due to my error

Jan 26 05 - AP NOA1

Feb 18 05 - biometrics appointment & EAD approved online

Feb 26 05 - EAD received

Mar 2 05 - AOS fingerprints processed

Apr 1 05 - AOS NOA2 received! (dated 3-24-05)

Apr 11 05 - AP approved online

Apr 16 05 - AP received

May 5 05 - AOS interview successful

May 13 05 - Green card arrived in the mail

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :blink: anyone there?Just checking in==seeing how everyone is, but it looks like we are all having too much fun enjoying the nice weather.

Ciao! Anna

Naturalization!!!!

Timeline
:unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.