jons_wifey

yellow paper letter requesting additions documents

9 posts in this topic

So today I received the yellow paper requesting for additional documents to bring in on the day of my interview June 15.

It is requesting for me to bring in my state ID or DL.

My question is, how much of a concern is it for the IO to noticed that my TX DL and ID has my previous address on it and not my current one on there.

Yes I have tried to update it online, but it tells me I need to go in to the DMV office to show my updated 10 years GC, and to be honest I have no time to skip an hour or two from work just to update my address on my DL or ID card.

I hate the DMV office altogether.

So today I received the yellow paper requesting for additional documents to bring in on the day of my interview June 15.

My question is, how much of a concern is it for the IO to noticed that my TX DL and ID has my previous address on it and not my current one on there.

Yes I have tried to update it online, but it tells me I need to go in to the DMV office to show my updated 10 years GC, and to be honest I have no time to skip an hour or two from work just to update my address on my DL or ID card.

Are you applying based on marriage or 5-year residency? They might be picky about correct address for marriage-based applications.

My personal opinion would be to update it, but that's me. I am picky and it is actually a good excuse to get away from work, even if you need to go to the DMV :thumbs:

It depends on your interviewer. We got a yellow letter for originals of divorce decree and death certificate. (Photocopies were in the application packet.) My husband was asked (in Houston) to show nothing but his passport---no evidence of marriage, originals of anything, no TX DL. Maybe you'll get so lucky???

You may be being asked to prove you reside in the jurisdiction of the office and are eligible for processing there. If you moved within the same area/city then maybe you will be okay.

Also do you know Texas requires you to change your DL address within 30 days??

Get used to the DPS drivers license office. If you go change your address now, you'll pay $11.00 for the new license. You may not have the new one before your interview, but you'll have a computer printout (temp one) with the photo on it.

Then when you get your naturalization certificate, you go yet again and present them with proof you are a USC so they can change your record. We did that yesterday and paid $11.00, took a new picture and will get a fourth TX license in just 3 years. Interesting--she had to change the name on his DL to match the naturalization certificate. His license matched his greencard with just a middle initial. His naturalization certificate had his full middle name so his DL had to be changed to full middle name. At least after that you will be eligible for online changes.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

i reccomend you to get a new license with current address.

i had same yellow letter requesting state ID and court disposition letters. (i have sent copies of disposition letters with application and i guess they wanted to see original)

i brought both state ID and disposition letters with that yellow letter. during interview i asked her to take a look at that letter, ID, and court letters because thats what yellow paper said.

she said that she had everything in my file with application and never checked for my id or anything i had brought with me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you don't and get caught, will have a lot more explaining to do to the USCIS. Shows lack of good moral character. Did you take care of your AR-11?

"Driver's License and ID - Changing Your Address "Moving is hassle enough without adding a visit to a driver license office to the mix. You do need to change the address on your driver license right away, but Texas has at least made this one relocation-related chore less of an inconvenience.

Luckily, in most cases you can change the address on your Texas driver license in a matter of minutes using the state's handy Driver License and ID Card Online Services System.

To bypass the lines at the Driver License Division office and change your information online, you will need the following:

• Your current, unexpired driver license. If your license is already expired, you will need to renew it―but you can change your address at the same time.

• Your eight-digit driver license number, your birthdate, and the 11-digit audit number printed sideways along the edge of your photograph.

• Your Social Security number.

• A Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card to pay the fee.

The fee to be issued a new license showing the address change is $12―the $11 standard address change fee plus a $1 fee for using the online service.

Eligibility for Online Changes

This process works only for Class C (standard) and Class CM (standard with motorcycle) driver licenses. Those holding commercial driver licenses must go in person to a driver license office to make any changes.

There are a few other restrictions:

• If your vision or medical condition has changed, you shouldn't use the automated system.

Alternative Address Change Methods

If you choose instead to renew in person at a driver license office, you'll just pay $11. You can also download a change-of-address form to update your address by mail. Either way, you'll save the $1 convenience fee charged for using the online system.

The customer service department at the Texas Driver License Division is available at (512) 424-2600 to answer any questions you might have about changing the address on your license.

Registration and Title - Changing Your Address

If you have recently moved, you need to notify the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) or run the risk of being fined. The TxDMV also needs your new address so the County Tax Assessor's Office can mail you your registration renewal when that time comes. You can update your address <a href="http://rts.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdotrts/AddressChangeServlet" class="mid-link">online (in some counties), by submitting via mail a change of address form, or by stopping by the county tax office."

Luckily, in most cases you can change the address on your Texas driver license in a matter of minutes using the state's handy Driver License and ID Card Online Services System.

That is only true for US citizens. A non-citizen must queue up at a Texas DPS license office to do anything with their license. There are only two boxes to tick in their internal license records--1. Citizen; 2. Non-citizen. All non-citizens have to show in person their valid document that allows them to be legally in the USA whether it be a visa, greencard, whatever. I know this from personal experience two days ago.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That is only true for US citizens. A non-citizen must queue up at a Texas DPS license office to do anything with their license. There are only two boxes to tick in their internal license records--1. Citizen; 2. Non-citizen. All non-citizens have to show in person their valid document that allows them to be legally in the USA whether it be a visa, greencard, whatever. I know this from personal experience two days ago.

Didn't know that, how is your DMV in Texas. Also terrible here in Wisconsin, used to be great, fees were next to nothing, both in registration and drivers' license renewal. Now a fortune and closed many offices. Had to drive my stepdaughter 90 miles for her drivers' test, only one we could find with less than a months wait, closer ones were booked up a solid six months.

Use to have a nice one living in a town with a population of 1,500, now live in a town with a population of 20,000 that use to be a 100%, but to get any service have to drive 40 miles away. But is the law and you have to do it.

Even worse for my wife having to renew her Colombian passport that she has to do because her US passport says she was born in Colombia so she can visit her mom. And that has to be in person! With only three Colombian consulates in the entire USA, we should consider lucky to only live 350 miles from the closest one.

Does anyone agree the OP can get by without changing the address on his drivers' license? I was surprised to find that on the net, in Wisconsin, that has to be done in person, even if you are a US citizen.

Didn't know that, how is your DMV in Texas. Also terrible here in Wisconsin, used to be great, fees were next to nothing, both in registration and drivers' license renewal. Now a fortune and closed many offices. Had to drive my stepdaughter 90 miles for her drivers' test, only one we could find with less than a months wait, closer ones were booked up a solid six months.

Use to have a nice one living in a town with a population of 1,500, now live in a town with a population of 20,000 that use to be a 100%, but to get any service have to drive 40 miles away. But is the law and you have to do it.

In our small town, husband took the written and driving test walk- in on same day. Now live in a metropolitan area of 6 million people so long lines and appointments required for tests. Waited 2 hours to do an address change at an office newly opened which supposedly people didn't know about. The office that told me that said it's always at least 3 hours at their location.

Does anyone agree the OP can get by without changing the address on his drivers' license?

Yeah, I don't think it would be an issue if he hadn't moved from another state out of their jurisdiction. The interview is federal government and they aren't likely concerned with Texas license requirements. But it's whatever he decides. I just haven't found the process very hard so maybe I've gotten too comfortable. Seems like Brits get by with less hassle.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.