Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Parental consent needed to travel?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland

I doubt it, as they are travelling TO YOU. But for peace of mind, you may want to send her a signed letter with your contact details.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam

If k-1 fiance will travel to U.S alone with our U.S citizen son. Do I need to provide a parental letter of consent for them to travel?

If the child has a US passport then the US government isn't going to require anybody's permission to allow the child to travel to the US. The bigger issue is whether the foreign country will allow the child to leave. If the child will be traveling only with a US passport then that complicates the situation. From the foreign country's perspective, the child is seeking to leave the country as a US citizen who had no formal permission to be in the country in the first place. Many countries require an exit visa in this case, and they may require permission from the child's parents in order to get the exit visa. The situation is different if the child has both a US passport and a passport for the foreign country - no exit visa would be required, but permission from the parent's to leave the country might still be required.

You really need to look into the laws of the foreign country.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...