PlacidoLoire

No Medical Douments for AOS Packet

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Greetings!

I recently arrived in the U.S. on a K-1 visa, got married and am now collating my I-485 (AOS) Packet. I didn't receive a copy of my medical documents when I had my medical done in Sydney, before my interview. The sealed envelope was taken by customs at the POE. Does this mean that the USCIS has my medical documents (I-693 + DS3025) and that I do not need to enclose copies in with my I-485 application? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

flanders5689

Hi

Greetings!

I recently arrived in the U.S. on a K-1 visa, got married and am now collating my I-485 (AOS) Packet. I didn't receive a copy of my medical documents when I had my medical done in Sydney, before my interview. The sealed envelope was taken by customs at the POE. Does this mean that the USCIS has my medical documents (I-693 + DS3025) and that I do not need to enclose copies in with my I-485 application? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

flanders5689

The USCIS suppose to have your I-693. If you did any vacinations then the doctor would give you a DS3025 they would not include it in the medical pocket. If you don't have it you would need to go to an authorized USCIS surgeon in your area and do it again, as you will get an RFE for not having it.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

before you go and get an I-693 done you could maybe try and call the docotr who did your medical and ask if they would be able to send a copy of your Ds 3025? Couldn't hurt, would save you having to pay for the I-693, it can be such a hassle in some states.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Timeline

before you go and get an I-693 done you could maybe try and call the docotr who did your medical and ask if they would be able to send a copy of your Ds 3025? Couldn't hurt, would save you having to pay for the I-693, it can be such a hassle in some states.

Thanks very much for your advice!!

Hi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No they do NOT have your "I-693" because you haven't DONE an I-693. The I-693 is done here in the US. Medical documents done by the panel physician are DS-3024 etc.

They DO have your panel physician medical documents. YOU should have a copy of your DS-3025 (not the original, a copy) which is your immunisations but some docs forget to give a copy. Do you know if it was complete?

The USCIS suppose to have your I-693. If you did any vacinations then the doctor would give you a DS3025 they would not include it in the medical pocket. If you don't have it you would need to go to an authorized USCIS surgeon in your area and do it again, as you will get an RFE for not having it.

This is WRONG.

First, the I-693 is done here in the US so the OP doesn't have a completed I-693, the medical documents in the home country are different. Secondly, the doctor gives a COPY of the DS-3025, NOT the original to you. The ORIGINAL is in the medical packet which was in the brown envelope handed over at POE.

Thanks very much for your advice!!

Agree call your panel physician and see about getting a copy of your entire medical, at the very least of your DS-3025 so you know whether you shots are complete or not.

Timeline

No they do NOT have your "I-693" because you haven't DONE an I-693. The I-693 is done here in the US. Medical documents done by the panel physician are DS-3024 etc.

They DO have your panel physician medical documents. YOU should have a copy of your DS-3025 (not the original, a copy) which is your immunisations but some docs forget to give a copy. Do you know if it was complete?

This is WRONG.

First, the I-693 is done here in the US so the OP doesn't have a completed I-693, the medical documents in the home country are different. Secondly, the doctor gives a COPY of the DS-3025, NOT the original to you. The ORIGINAL is in the medical packet which was in the brown envelope handed over at POE.

Agree call your panel physician and see about getting a copy of your entire medical, at the very least of your DS-3025 so you know whether you shots are complete or not.

Thanks!

Hi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks!

Gerald just follow Vanessa's advice as she helped me out but I had to email back to Sydney to get a copy of medical as USCIS lost mine here when I was doing AOS. SO glad to see you worked things out and you have started your life here. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.