emad desouky

i am in amrica from 6 weeks

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi VJ

i am here in America from 6 weeks I am from Egypt i live in st Clair mo and looking for job any kind of jobs i just need to work now

i wish if any one can help me to find job i try all websites and many thing hope to hear new news thanks for all

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

hi VJ

i am here in America from 6 weeks I am from Egypt i live in st Clair mo and looking for job any kind of jobs i just need to work now

i wish if any one can help me to find job i try all websites and many thing hope to hear new news thanks for all

Hi!

I hope you find a job quick, I am in the same boat as you are, I posted a topic yesterday. You could try sites such as indeed.com, monster.com, careerbuilder.com Look for local postings in 'hiring now' and such.

All the best

Eldina

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't help you (I'm in California) but I wanted to give a few tips, if you're interested. I was recently trying to fill an open position where I work, and we posted the job on an online job board. I was overwhelmed by the number of applicants, and this was for a low paying job. You need to stand out if you're applying online.

The people who got call backs filled in the "desired wage" section. Most people skip that part, but it tells me if it's worth my time to call them in for an interview. My advice: Fill it in, and with a reasonable number. Don't say you want $30/hr if you'll realistically work for $10. I didn't call anyone who wanted more money than I could pay.

Next, fill in the work history section, even if it's from another country. Briefly mention your duties at that job. Your experience tells more about whether you can do a job than education or "skills". You don't need to list everything (some people have had a lot of jobs) but list anything that might relate to the job you're applying for.

Consider physically going in and picking up an application, and fill it out by hand. Why? Because no one does that anymore, and you stand out. I remember each person who walked into my building to apply, and I actually hired one of them. DON'T pick up an application and just stick your resume inside.

I hope that helps you, and good luck.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Timeline

What does your resume or CV show?

What did you got to college for?

What do you want to work in?

Maybe if you post your resume here people can help you make it look more desirable?

Be patient, it takes a long time for egyptians to get a job in the USA usually

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

I can't help you (I'm in California) but I wanted to give a few tips, if you're interested. I was recently trying to fill an open position where I work, and we posted the job on an online job board. I was overwhelmed by the number of applicants, and this was for a low paying job. You need to stand out if you're applying online.

The people who got call backs filled in the "desired wage" section. Most people skip that part, but it tells me if it's worth my time to call them in for an interview. My advice: Fill it in, and with a reasonable number. Don't say you want $30/hr if you'll realistically work for $10. I didn't call anyone who wanted more money than I could pay.

Next, fill in the work history section, even if it's from another country. Briefly mention your duties at that job. Your experience tells more about whether you can do a job than education or "skills". You don't need to list everything (some people have had a lot of jobs) but list anything that might relate to the job you're applying for.

Consider physically going in and picking up an application, and fill it out by hand. Why? Because no one does that anymore, and you stand out. I remember each person who walked into my building to apply, and I actually hired one of them. DON'T pick up an application and just stick your resume inside.

I hope that helps you, and good luck.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

AOS TIMELINE
05.03.11 - Got Married

05.05.11 - Filed I-485, I-130 and I-765
06.08.11 - Biometric Done
07.27.11 - Mailed RFE to Lee's Summit MO(Express)
08.04.11 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! YAY!!!
08.12.11 - EAD IN HAND!!! WOOHOO!!
09.16.11 - INTERVIEW(No Decision on Spot, IO wrote in Passport"CR6 A# I-485 pending IO (name) USCIS LNY Section 245"
10.26.11 - Stokes Interview at 26 Federal Plaza
10.27.11 - APPROVED!!! WOOHOO!! WHAT A JOURNEY!!
11.01.11 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
11.04.11 - GREEN CARD IN HAND

ROC TIMELINE

08.01.13 - Mailed ROC Packet to VSC

08.14.13 - Biometric Appointment Letter Received

09.03.13 - Biometric Completed

09.17.13 - Case Transferred to CSC

11.01.13 - CSC Transferred Case to Local Office to Schedule Interview

12.31.13 - Received Appointment Notice from Local Office (Long Island City). Interview on 01.16.14

01.16.14 - I-751 Interview

01.16.14 - Approved on Spot!! :-) Passport Stamped!

01.30.14 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

N400 TIMELINE

07.29.14 - Mailed N400 Packet to TX

08.05.14 - Case Received (Text message)

08.09.14 - Received I-797C

08.16.14 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter

08.29.14 - Biometric Appointment

02.17.15 - Interview - APPROVED

02.26.15 - Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Work with your spouse or someone of confidence and create a resume, focus on strengths and specific experience (even things that may not seem significant). My resume is mostly volunteer work, but it makes it look a lot better. As soon as I created my husband's CV he got a job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

First of all, welcome to the US.

My husband had trouble finding work once he got here too. It's a common thing here. He was able to make friends at the mosque and through them he was able to find work. Perhaps that may work for you? Also he enrolled in classes at the local community college. Just don't give up!!

Good Luck!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

thank for everybody answer me and for my help i made my resume or cv i go to many places and also made a lot of applications online and i am still wait i wish it be soon i just work all my life and it is longer time to me to stay without work and i am glad for all people try to help me thanks for every body

i wish if any one can help me

thanks for all

Timeline

What does your resume or CV show?

What did you got to college for?

What do you want to work in?

Maybe if you post your resume here people can help you make it look more desirable?

Be patient, it takes a long time for Egyptians to get a job in the USA usually

my resume is good it is very strong i go to manpower office and they told me it is strong and perfect but i am still waiting i have advanced technical school 5 years diploma and i do not care very much about kind of job now i just need job to start

thank you for respond me and wish you be ok and your husband

Timeline

My husband is a lawyer in Egypt but here he took the first job he was offered....its Walmart. He works hard and is moving up in the company. He does enjoy it and wants to make the best of whatever he is doing. I would also suggest going in and picking up applications or filling them out on the computers in the stores. Its also good to follow up with them after a week or two. Apply for jobs of all types that you think you might like. Tamer went almost every day to the employment office and got their help too. They were all very good with him and it gave him the confidence of looking for work on his own, while I was on my job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would also look into temp agencies. I looked at yellowboks and there is one in your town on main street called Excel Temporary Service. I signed up with a temp agency when I was looking for work and my 3rd assignment landed me my permanent job. Give that a try as well. :thumbs:

Timeline

My husband is a lawyer in Egypt but here he took the first job he was offered....its Walmart. He works hard and is moving up in the company. He does enjoy it and wants to make the best of whatever he is doing. I would also suggest going in and picking up applications or filling them out on the computers in the stores. Its also good to follow up with them after a week or two. Apply for jobs of all types that you think you might like. Tamer went almost every day to the employment office and got their help too. They were all very good with him and it gave him the confidence of looking for work on his own, while I was on my job.

thank you so much and wish we all be in good positions and give help for all who need help

I would also look into temp agencies. I looked at yellowboks and there is one in your town on main street called Excel Temporary Service. I signed up with a temp agency when I was looking for work and my 3rd assignment landed me my permanent job. Give that a try as well. :thumbs:

thank you so much for respond and i will be go to them in Monday

thank you so much

i wish if any one have any experience or know something to find job in st Clair mo or union mo please help thanks for all and for all friends respond me

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.