웃

Transgender at 5 Years Old? Kathryn wanted pants. And short hair. Then trucks and swords.

3 members have voted

1. 1. .................

• ????????????

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

My best friend is transgender, and she knew she was a girl and not a boy since she was a young child, but since in most kids this is a phase, especially at that age... hell I don't know what I'd do. I think it's best to keep raising the kid as a child, offer them Barbies or trucks whatever they wish, but not actually enforce or allow that they live like the gender they say they are until they're old enough to actually understand it fully.

Something is seriously wrong in this thread. AJ is making sense instead of straight humor/sarcasm.

Perhaps it's the fact we're 7 months from the end of the world? :unsure:

Anyway, whether a child feels a certain way or not, parents shouldn't be encouraging a boy to be a girl, or a girl to be a boy. If you want to play with cars and trucks and you're a girl, cool. If you're a boy and want to play with cabbage patch dolls, whatever. However as a responsible parent in society you should also make sure that gender specific toys are in the home as well so the child can make a decision over time. It's the only way to make sure its a 'phase.' - If you buy a boy only dolls and not tonka trucks as well, you could harm the mental development of the child who otherwise might have just wanted to play with dolls for a couple of months.

I certainly don't believe in forcing either gender on children. I believe in simply letting them play with the toys they want, wear the kind of clothes they want.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

My best friend is transgender, and she knew she was a girl and not a boy since she was a young child, but since in most kids this is a phase, especially at that age... hell I don't know what I'd do. I think it's best to keep raising the kid as a child, offer them Barbies or trucks whatever they wish, but not actually enforce or allow that they live like the gender they say they are until they're old enough to actually understand it fully.

JMO but I think it crosses the line into 'you need mental help territory' when any man starts putting on panties, thongs, bras, makeup, miniskirts, and high heels and starts googling "how can I surgically remove my ####### and implant a #######?"

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

JMO but I think it crosses the line into 'you need mental help territory' when any man starts putting on panties, thongs, bras, makeup, miniskirts, and high heels and starts googling "how can I surgically remove my ####### and implant a #######?"

Are you having those strange dreams again?

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Gender identity isn't as simple as that.

You're simplifying a pretty complex mental issue. "Mental help" isn't the solution for everything that you disagree with or do not understand. Sometimes these people have genuine concerns and thoughts and are completely sane.

Suspend disbelief for one moment and imagine that since you were a child, you've felt different. Someone tells you you're one thing but you genuinely feel and believe you're something else and no amount of someone telling you otherwise changes your mind. Imagine how lonely and isolating that must be, to have everyone tell you that how you feel or think is wrong. You don't WANT to feel this way, because life would definitely be easier if you didn't, but you can't help yourself.

There's nothing 'insane' about it. If someone feels they want to be the opposite sex, who are we to tell them that's weird or wrong or they need help? It's their life. You don't have to agree with it, but it's still theirs to do with it what they want/need/feel is right.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're simplifying a pretty complex mental issue. "Mental help" isn't the solution for everything that you disagree with or do not understand. Sometimes these people have genuine concerns and thoughts and are completely sane.

Suspend disbelief for one moment and imagine that since you were a child, you've felt different. Someone tells you you're one thing but you genuinely feel and believe you're something else and no amount of someone telling you otherwise changes your mind. Imagine how lonely and isolating that must be, to have everyone tell you that how you feel or think is wrong. You don't WANT to feel this way, because life would definitely be easier if you didn't, but you can't help yourself.

There's nothing 'insane' about it. If someone feels they want to be the opposite sex, who are we to tell them that's weird or wrong or they need help? It's their life. You don't have to agree with it, but it's still theirs to do with it what they want/need/feel is right.

Do you feel the same way about those who have sexual attraction to prepubescent children?

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

That's fine. If I felt girly and was attracted to men then I would be gay. And that is where it ends 99% of the time. When someone starts saving money to travel to Thailand to remove their genitals then that is where it crosses the line...

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Do you feel the same way about those who have sexual attraction to prepubescent children?

No. And I fail to see how you're comparing a child who thinks they're a different gender to a pedophile. One thing is very harmful, abusive and dangerous. The other is someone wanting to do something that will harm no other people, have no negative impact on someone else's life, and is ultimately their decision and choice.

That's fine. If I felt girly and was attracted to men then I would be gay. And that is where it ends 99% of the time. When someone starts saving money to travel to Thailand to remove their genitals then that is where it crosses the line...

Whose line?

So basically we've compared gender identity issues to pedophilia and bank robbery. Anything else? :lol:

Edited by Evylin

I have a son who wanted to be a bank robber so I bought him a gun and gave him the keys to the car.

Bingo.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No. And I fail to see how you're comparing a child who thinks they're a different gender to a pedophile. One thing is very harmful, abusive and dangerous. The other is someone wanting to do something that will harm no other people, have no negative impact on someone else's life, and is ultimately their decision and choice.

I see. So you're a hypocrite.

Notice how I didn't mention the word pedophile or actual actions. I only mentioned the attraction. There are plenty out there who have the attraction who never act on them who they themselves believe it's wrong in this modern society. However they're just the same as someone who's born heterosexual, homosexual, transgender, etc. _ It's just you and certain members of society choose to 'accept' one over the other because you agree with it.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

I see. So you're a hypocrite.

Notice how I didn't mention the word pedophile or actual actions. I only mentioned the attraction. There are plenty out there who have the attraction who never act on them who they themselves believe it's wrong in this modern society. However they're just the same as someone who's born heterosexual, homosexual, transgender, etc. _ It's just you and certain members of society choose to 'accept' one over the other because you agree with it.

Yes, I'm a total hypocrite because I don't think people who have gender identity issues need help but people who are attracted to children do. You win.

Also, the definition of pedophile IS the attraction.