gretchen_darren

country music

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

how did you explain country music??? Nashville??? How do you explain this type of music???? How did you explain bluegrass?? I am tlaking the fiddle, the banjo, the steel guitar, the "twang", and the other things..... what is a rodeo? ("I thought that was somewhere you shopped???")

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

youtube...play them for her to hear

03/21/2011: Met Online

07/03/2011: Met in Manila for the first time

01/29/2012: Met in Manila for the second time

03/09/2012: Mailed I-129F

03/12/2012: I-129F Delivered

03/15/2012: NOA1

09/28/2012: NOA2

10/15/2012-10/16/2012: Medical at St. Luke's-PASSED!

10/25/2012: Interview-APPROVED!

10/31/2012: Visa received

11/20/2012: POE: JFK

it is an expression of real life.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My piano teacher said the explanation was the decline of civilization.

:rofl:

Go to a concert when getting the chance to after the kiddo is born. Surely you'll find some county fairs around this summer with live music. Maybe culture chock extravagance though with the country. But Johnny Cash might be the foot in the door.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Just explain to her its mostly white people complaining about things, but in song

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I'm pretty sure if she had access to Internet to talk to you, she knows Keith Urban and dolly Parton since dolly fits the Asian standards of beauty

how did you explain country music??? Nashville??? How do you explain this type of music???? How did you explain bluegrass?? I am tlaking the fiddle, the banjo, the steel guitar, the "twang", and the other things..... what is a rodeo? ("I thought that was somewhere you shopped???")

Why isn't Gretchen allowed to use the computer? :blink:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Country music in the United States originated in the southern part of the United States and was influenced by the music of many countries.

It became popular in the 1940s, started in the 1920s, but has roots that go way back. Country music did originate in the south, but it started as a type of music which took instruments and styles from many of the countries of the early settlers.

For example, the fiddle is important in country music, and was brought by Scottish and Irish settlers. Strings are also important, and they came from German dulcimers, Spanish guitars, Italian mandolins, and West African banjos. Early 20th century Appalachian string bands had the fiddle, guitar, and banjo. Let’s not forget that in and around Texas, settlers interacted with Mexicans and Native Americans, who added their style to the forming country music, as well as contributing to the unique culture of Texas.

Country music came from many sources

• It came from the hillbilly music of the 1920s. Barn dance music was catching on, and the first country song recorded was “Sallie Gooden” by Eck Robertson released by Victor records in 1922. Soon, Columbia Records began releasing hillbilly music.
  • The first female country singers to be recorded were Samantha Bumgarner and Eva Davis.
  • The steel guitar was incorporated in some early country music after Jimmie Tarlton met the Hawaiian guitarist Frank Ferera. Now you can add Hawaii as places that contributed something to country music.
  • Many artists included blues, gospel, jazz, and cowboy songs into their music. Notable country musicians of the 1920s include: Fiddlin’ John Carson, Vernon Dalhart, Cliff Carlisle, Riley Puckett, Don Richardson, Jimmie Rodgers and the Carter Family.

The 1930s and 1940s saw the Great Depression, which meant that fewer records were sold and people relied more on radio for entertainment. In 1925, the “Grand Ole Opry” began airing and was heard in most of the country. Early stars were:

• Roy Acuff
  • Uncle Dave Macon
  • George Jones
  • Loretta Lynn
  • Porter Wagoner

This was the beginning of the Golden Age of country music. During this time, cowboy music was popularized in movie performances by Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, the Sons of the Pioneers, and Patsy Montana.

Bob Wills mixed country and jazz into what became Western Swing. In 1935, he added drums to the Texas Playboys and soon most country bands had added drums. This was influenced by rockabilly that became popular in the 1950s.

Hillbilly boogie started in 1939 which started the trend from country and blues into rockabilly. Notable artists of this genre were Johnny Barfield, Delmore Brothers, Arthur Smith, and Tennessee Ernie Ford.

Other genres include:

• Bluegrass, with Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs
  • Gospel music, with Red Foley
  • Honky tonk, which was associated with barrooms

Some famous honky tonk artists were Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys, Al Dexter, Ernest Tubb, Hank Williams, and Ted Daffan.

Here are some links that may also help you to explain this tyoe of music:

http://www.scaruffi.com/history/country.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_music

Hope that this helps

she knows Keith Urban and dolly Parton since dolly fits the Asian standards of beauty

:blink:

Do you have a link to back that statement?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My baby liked country music before I ever met her. I did introduce her to bluegrass though.

There's just something about the sound of the banjo...

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

There's just something about the sound of the banjo...

Kinda thought you might think that way... :yes:

Here's another I'm sure brings back memories (of home) for ya'...,

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Tell her it is Badoy Music. That did the trick for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.