gretchen_darren

country music

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know Mr. OP, you are insulting your wife by keep posting here in VJ about "how to explain to her....". Is your wife that dumb not to understand the normal American explanation. Let her explore and understand things around here in US. Don't push her to know everything as faster as you want. And when she don't understand you right away, you keep posting here on "how to explain to her", insinuating she's dumb. Let her be and process her own learning curve.

I am just covering questions which come up in normal everyday life.... I am not pushing her to know anything.... and she has her own laptop... she can come on here if she wishes... she spends most of her time talking to friends and fmaily back home as well as across the country. She has many friends who are curious on how she is doing, and the village is very curious about the baby... the rumor in the village is I have 2 jobs, and the baby is born... or who knows...

The insulting part is me thinking I even know her or her culture or even think I can speak her language...I had several Filipino friends over the years, but I still do not understand the culture much... or how tolerant she is of LGBT, while I am not as tolerant. In college, I was only focused on "american" things... I had no idea of other country's lifestyles...I had just moved from the "boonies" (aka "dukes of hazzard", "hee haw") into the city....my life feels like the "Beverly hillbillies" My culture propriity sense is still lacking.

We saw a commercial on TFC where the husband sits down with his wife, and asks, what did they say? What did they say now? what is going on???

Asawa ko looked at me: said "that is you!"

I replied, "but I don't have white hair"

asawa ko grinned "not yet...."

I just rolled my eyes...

(she knows I ask lots and lots of questions about her and her culture...)

Plus I listen attentively at the "family" house to pick up on things... I like to understand.. plus know what the cultural differences are....

Edited by gretchen_darren

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

How do you explain Darren to a Pinay? :whistle:

:rofl::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::rofl:

Am I the only one that feels sorry for Gretchen...? Jeez Darren, pull your head out! :whistle:

Sorry Darren, first ice tea is on me if we hook-up....

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what did they say? What did they say now? what is going on???

Asawa ko looked at me: said "that is you!"

(she knows I ask lots and lots of questions about her and her culture...)

Plus I listen attentively at the "family" house to pick up on things... I like to understand.. plus know what the cultural differences are....

Really Daren, what is your deal? Your not getting the hint?

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Glad you brought this up.

Neither my Pinay nor her son have ever seen the Star Wars saga. However, I am not going to tell them anything about any of the characters or the storyline development. I had been wondering the best order in which to show them the complete set, so did some research online.

And the answer is... Episodes IV, V, II, III, VI.

Leave Episode I out completely and save it for some other time. This preserves the surprise of "who's your daddy" and gives a satisfying end at the final conclusion. I'm gonna go that route. Doing them in this order makes the story about Luke, not Anakin. Yet, there is some backstory about Anakin and the whole Empire vs. the Rebellion thing to provide filler.

A good friend of mine has a big box full of Star Wars toys and will be giving them to my soon-to-be stepson, who will be turning 6 next month. Awesome.

Good plan, I anticipated for a long time the day she would arrive, and the first night so I could explain Star Wars.

It is all about America, it is from hometowns where you did hard work and played just as hard. I admit as a child my son called blue grass "country gone bad" but he has grown now and has a banjo and a mandolin of his how , oh an a dulcimer. My hometown still doesn't have cell phone coverage and the graduating class is just over 100. Country and bluegrass is the music of the backbone of America and the uniting music that has an audience across the generations. You can go to the concerts on not worry about covering your chlds years for the language, you don't see or smell drugs and the medical responce team is sleeping not mending people from injuries from fights.

That's funny as I thought country was blue grass gone bad :lol: I love the blue grass sound and think camparing the two is like apples and oranges, but they have their roots so I understand. There is just something deeper in blue grass to me, plus, the guaranteed banjo :D

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Im sure she really enjoys your intolerance of gays...... I dont think you are going to win her over with these type of statements .

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good plan, I anticipated for a long time the day she would arrive, and the first night so I could explain Star Wars.

First night? Uhhhh... NO. :rofl:

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.