8 posts in this topic

http://www.edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/pdf/urate201205.pdf

MAY 18th, 2012

California’s unemployment rate decreases to 10.9 percent

SACRAMENTO – California’s unemployment rate decreased to 10.9 percent

in April, and nonfarm payroll jobs decreased by 4,200 during the month for a

total gain of 385,600 jobs since the recovery began in September 2009,

according to data released today by the California Employment Development

Department (EDD) from two separate surveys.

The U.S. unemployment rate decreased in April to 8.1 percent.

In March, the state’s unemployment rate was 11.0 percent, and in April 2011, the

unemployment rate was 11.8 percent. The unemployment rate is derived from a

federal survey of 5,500 California households.

Nonfarm jobs in California totaled 14,237,000 in April, a decrease of 4,200 jobs

over the month, according to a survey of businesses that is larger and less

variable statistically. The survey of 42,000 California businesses measures jobs in

the economy. The year-over-year change (April 2011 to April 2012) shows an

increase of 175,600 jobs (up 1.2 percent).

EMPLOYMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT IN CALIFORNIA

The federal survey of households, done with a smaller sample than the survey of

employers, shows an increase in the number of employed people. It estimates the

number of Californians holding jobs in April was 16,476,000, an increase of

20,000 from March, and up 296,000 from the employment total in April of last

year.

The number of people unemployed in California was 2,007,000 – down by 24,000

over the month, and down by 164,000 compared with April of last year.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

The hippies are mad around here because they have exhausted their unemployment extensions. Some of them have actually started looking for work.

All extensions will end Dec. 23 and will go back to the original unemployment time frame of 26 weeks.

Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2012/05/18/2351590/unemployment-numbers-trigger-loss.html#storylink=cpy

Meanwhile, most of the SF Bay Area counties have unemployment at or below the national average, with the exception of Solano County, which is the only county in the area in double digits.

In the Bay Area, San Francisco's unemployment rate was 7.4 percent in April, sharply down from March's rate of 8.1 percent.

Marin County, which has the lowest jobless rate in the state, dropped to 6.4 percent from March's 6.6 percent.

Solano County, which has the highest unemployment rate in the Bay Area, also saw a decline, from 10.9 percent in March to 10.2 percent in April.

http://sfappeal.com/news/2012/05/sf-unemployment-drops-to-74.php

The hippies are mad around here because they have exhausted their unemployment extensions. Some of them have actually started looking for work.

Meanwhile, most of the SF Bay Area counties have unemployment at or below the national average, with the exception of Solano County, which is the only county in the area in double digits.

They cut off the Federal extended unemployment benefits to Californian's. I don't know if it's just California or if it's nationwide. I'm hoping it doesn't affect Alaska...I'm on tier 4 atm and I enjoy sleeping in.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

They cut off the Federal extended unemployment benefits to Californian's. I don't know if it's just California or if it's nationwide. I'm hoping it doesn't affect Alaska...I'm on tier 4 atm and I enjoy sleeping in.

All the Federal extended unemployment benefits end on Dec 23, 2012, unless Congress extends them.

All the Federal extended unemployment benefits end on Dec 23, 2012, unless Congress extends them.

December 23 is a ways off. I can live with that. B-)

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The state is still broke and wants to raise everyone's taxes.

We are the poster children for chain migration!

K-1 Visa

10/13/06 - NOA1

01/25/07 - NOA2

02/12/07 - NVC sent petition to Guangzhou consulate

04/27/07 - Packet 3 received

06/17/07 - Packet 4 received

07/05/07 - Interview - Passed!

07/07/07 - Received K-1 visa

03/20/08 - Received 2 year Green Card

02/21/10 - Received 10 Year Green Card

10/18/11 - Sent N-400

03/22/12 - Sworn in as USC