BlueRain77

CSC Mail Room

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I think there have been a few other mentions of waiting after submitting the RFE....

Has everyone received an email or online update after turning in an RFE?

We mailed our RFE from England and used International Signed For (big joke!). I believe it was delivered as we check USPS' site, but it said the 98677 Laguna Niguel Zip instead of 98607 where the PO Box is...Then on top of that, it as received on the 10th at around 3:30pm...it's been a couple days (I know, only a couple of days...but it seems they have done it no problem in the past!)....there mail room must not be aware of those Christmas bonuses or something...the rest of the departments caught up and were working but the mail room seems to be dragging....or they need more employees!

I just can't wait till our petition finally leaves California and we can deal with some more compitant people (even if only by a little....)

Sorry for my complaining, and yes I know there are probably other threads like this or maybe other people have been sitting longer waiting for ANY RFE response...which should just make everything more irritating as some people have been waiting what seems like forever! and still nothing has happened.....

What happened to the quickness that was happening in September??? It can't be quitting time yet? :angry:

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If it was mailed with a signature upon receipt and USPS is showing it was delivered, then I wouldn't worry too much about the zip code being off by one number. It took close to a week after mine was sent before USCIS emailed me confirmation that they had received my RFE.

Here's some info on zip codes I found on Wikipedia... More than likely the barcode that was printed for your envelope when you first mailed is what they go by.

Postal bar code

The ZIP code is often translated into a barcode called Postnet that is printed on the mailpiece to make it easier for automated machines to sort. Unlike most barcode symbologies, Postnet uses long and short bars, not thin and thick bars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_Code

Timeline

Thanks! We were wondering if California was just slowing down again! :o

Good luck on your NOA2...let us all know if it works fast...I just want to get out of California!!!! lol

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

ficFm7.png

event.png

Timeline
Thanks! We were wondering if California was just slowing down again! :o

Good luck on your NOA2...let us all know if it works fast...I just want to get out of California!!!! lol

You're welcome. :yes: Yeah, CSC seems to have slowed down to a trickle in the last couple of weeks without any rhyme or reason. I had 2 touches this week but then nothing. On top of that, several people who got their NOA2's over a month ago have said that the CSC hasn't yet mailed them off to NVC! :o It's been so disheartening. I once thought ....maybe, just maybe Jinky would be here for Christmas, but that hope has quickly faded. It's hard not to fall into despair...wondering just how much longer we have to wait. I've already braced myself for about a 4 month wait for the interview once the US Embassy receives our file....deep sigh.

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Timeline

btw, what was your RFE for? IMBRA form?

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

ficFm7.png

event.png

Timeline
btw, what was your RFE for? IMBRA form?

Yes...and that was it. Some others who received their RFE's around the same time had additional requests - beneficiary's birth certificate, more evidence of meeting in person, etc. Then on my confirmation email, it said that the processing was complete except for the RFE, so I was assuming that all they were waiting for, was the IMBRA RFE from me. Now that my file's been touched a couple of times this week without an approval, I'm wondering if it's being given a second lookover? :unsure:

They signed for mine on the 17th and didn't acknowledge receipt until the 24th. They will eventually get around to it. ;)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Give them two weeks to acknowledge RFE receipt online. They receive a ton of mail every day and it takes time to input everything. Either way, you know it was received and that's the most important part!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm in the same boat. Today makes one week and no confirmation of receipt of my RFE. I sent it USPS express and waived the signature. Yodrak commented that Sept 30 was the end of the fiscal year for the government. It looks to me like there was a big year end push, and now they're all slacking again :P

Bill

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

I think there have been a few other mentions of waiting after submitting the RFE....

Has everyone received an email or online update after turning in an RFE?

We mailed our RFE from England and used International Signed For (big joke!). I believe it was delivered as we check USPS' site, but it said the 98677 Laguna Niguel Zip instead of 98607 where the PO Box is...Then on top of that, it as received on the 10th at around 3:30pm...it's been a couple days (I know, only a couple of days...but it seems they have done it no problem in the past!)....there mail room must not be aware of those Christmas bonuses or something...the rest of the departments caught up and were working but the mail room seems to be dragging....or they need more employees!

I just can't wait till our petition finally leaves California and we can deal with some more compitant people (even if only by a little....)

Sorry for my complaining, and yes I know there are probably other threads like this or maybe other people have been sitting longer waiting for ANY RFE response...which should just make everything more irritating as some people have been waiting what seems like forever! and still nothing has happened.....

What happened to the quickness that was happening in September??? It can't be quitting time yet? :angry:

The CSC is so mismanaged and random in their timing. My original I-129F sat for over three weeks before they opened the envelope and began the process. Others that arrived at the same time were opened within days. Same for the RFE. Most June petitioners received theirs in July/August. Mine was late September. And then the CSC received our RFE on September 26, just when others were being approved in a couple of days. I'm still waiting. I can't wait to get my NOA2 and then have a new aggravation to deal with! :lol:

ERIC and MARICHU

dev271pp___.png

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

06.02.09 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to CSC

06.04.09 - Cashed Check

06.08.09 - Received NOA1 dated 06.04.09

06.18.09 - Received Biometrics Schedule[/color]

07.08.09 - Biometrics[/color]

AOS Timeline:

05.17.07 - Mailed AOS application package to Chicago

05.25.07 - Cashed checks

05.28.07 - Received NOA 1 dated May 24, 2007. Yipeee! (7 days)

06.19.07 - Biometrics schedule (29 days)

08.29.07 - Interview schedule

09.20.07 - Greencard received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.