vap

airline tickets for my fiance (k-1)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello to everyone. I am new here. Registered today. I am an american and my fiance is Brazilian. She received her k-1 visa on 4/10/12. she is planning on coming here to the u.s.a in August and we will marry. My question is: When i buy her airline ticket, will i be required to buy a return airline ticket for her as well as some have said. I can't see how if she has no plans to return to visit until after she receives her green card. Also is it possible for her to return to brazil without or before receiving her green card?

appreciate any help,

Thanks

VAp

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It doesnt matter. I have heard some people say that the round trip tends to be cheaper. Congrats on the approval. She needs to apply for Advanced parole to go to her home country which will be along with EAD and Adjustment of status. You have to do that BEFORE she can go back, otherwise she will not be able to reenter the USA.

Edited by feli114

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

IF she leaves the USA without AP or GC she cannot return. She must file for AOS and AP after marriage before leaving the USA and have the AP document in her hand. 3-4 months after filing AOS / AP is about when she should have it.

If she leaves without AP/GC she will not be allowed to return to the USA unless you file for a spousal visa and wait for the whole process again.

Buy whatever ticket is cheaper. IF you buy a round trip make sure to cancel the return portion of the trip when she lands in the USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are not required to buy a return ticket.

In order for her to be able to return to Brazil prior to having a green card. She will need to apply for Advanced Parole (AP). AP can be applied for at the same time Adjustment of Status (AOS) is filed for.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Timeline

Thanks everyone for your fast responses.

I used my frequent flyer miles with tam airlines to secure her ticket here. So price at this point is not an issue. I just needed to know if i could just use a one way ticket to bring her here. And about her going back to brasil, she's not going to be returning quickly but we wanted to know in the event she had an emergency, what would happen if she returned home. And to let everyone know just for reference how our process went, I filed for her k-1 visa in August 2011, received the first notice within a month. She was first scheduled to be interviewed in rio in march 2012. When she got there and did not have the document showing that she was scheduled to be there on that day she was denied entry. It was for the best at that time( but not feeling that way at the time) because she did not have a letter from my employer or my tax forms only my most recent w-2. She was upset because she had to return to her city without any success. They told her that she would need to reschedule her interview date.( Her k-1 date was expiring 4/12/12) boy were we nervous. I e mailed the consulate and requested her interview date be rescheduled before her expiration date of her k- 1. She also requested a new date via e mail. We were both nervous because if the interview date was after the expiration date of the k-1 we would have to start the whole process over. Boy did i have knots in my stomach. anyway they responded to my e mail within 2 days telling me her new interview date was rescheduled for 4/10/12... 2 days before the expiration. Talk about luck....... no .....fate. She was very nervous the night before she was scheduled to have the interview. She stayed in the hotel in rio very close to the counsulate, don't remember name. Anyway, at her interview everything went very well. They did not ask her for any of my documents or copies of anything showing our relationship. only the documents she filed out for the visa. she stated that 2 people interviewed her , a man and a women seperately. the man was serious and the woman was very friendly. Both just asked her questions like how many times has he visited you, when and how did you meet, why has he never been married, lol. iM 49. she told them honestly because he never met a woman like me. lol and that i never wanted to get married until i met her. they also asked her did she know my family, what type of work did i do what was my religion, what did she plan on doing when she got here and that was pretty much it.The whole process was over in 20 minutes she said. 2 days later ,she received her visa and passport in the mail. when i visited her last month we both opened it together and man it was such a great feeling to know that that is now behind us.

I have been truly blessed to meet such a loving and caring women. We have been together for 4 years with me visiting brasil 4-5 times a year. It's well over due for us to be together. lol.

Good luck to all and again , thanks for the responses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.