chikings

likely hood for a tourist visa to canada

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings Neighbors,

I live in Grosse Pointe, Michigan off the water see Canada everyday.. Anyway I was just informed by fiancee (Kingsley ..Ohh how I love that man (L) ) that the local airport in Enugu, Nigeria is closed for the summer. I was planning to visit him this summer!! The nearset airport is 5-8 hours away (that's if traffic is good). But we would be traveling in unpaved, back roads through Nigeria, with cars and buses breaking down constantly..Once it took my fiancee 2 days to get home from the airport!. Not to mention the violence and threats against Americans in some regions. So I got to thinking if he could get a tourist visa to Windsor, Canada it would be awesome. It's less than 20 minutes away form me. But I don't know where to start,is it's fairly easy for Africans to get tourist visa to Canada, does he need someone who lives there petition for him,or can we just expalin and show proof of hotel reservation that we will be staying at. Just needed some advice thanks!

Peace,

Chi :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Canada is only slightly more friendly to African's than the US. They still expect you to show you will leave. Applying would mean a trip to Abuja or Lagos. How about a country he doesn't need a visa like Fiji or Singapore ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Canada is only slightly more friendly to African's than the US. They still expect you to show you will leave. Applying would mean a trip to Abuja or Lagos. How about a country he doesn't need a visa like Fiji or Singapore ?

Ohh yeah forgot about that.. I just want this to be over!! :bonk: Ok I'll take a break from this madness for a while and let it work it's self out.... Thanks soo much..

Peace,

Chi :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He would apply at the Canadian Consulate.

He would apply at the Canadian Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

A family friend once went to Nigeria for business and he has vowed never to step foot there again, he was extremely traumatized. I can only imagine what it could be like for Westerners to vacation there. Our family friend's group had their own security detail while there.

Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil... those are lovely places to go to for a romantic vacation for the time being plus they don't require a visa. Maybe you can go to Nigeria when the airport is fixed so you won't have to dredge through unpaved roads with all the civil rest around you.

Edited by SennaBrigante

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Timeline

A family friend once went to Nigeria for business and he has vowed never to step foot there again, he was extremely traumatized. I can only imagine what it could be like for Westerners to vacation there. Our family friend's group had their own security detail while there.

Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil... those are lovely places to go to for a romantic vacation for the time being plus they don't require a visa. Maybe you can go to Nigeria when the airport is fixed so you won't have to dredge through unpaved roads with all the civil rest around you.

It's all relative.

I've had Californian friends who visited me in Dallas, Texas and were also traumatized and swore never to return to Texas.

There are lots of foreigners living in Nigeria, many with families. Also many American retirees are in Nigeria.

Nigeria has a lot fo wonderful nature stuff that many Westerners do indeed vacation there.

Come To Nigeria Website - Tourist Website

Obudu Mountain Resort

Filed: Timeline

Greetings Neighbors,

I live in Grosse Pointe, Michigan off the water see Canada everyday.. Anyway I was just informed by fiancee (Kingsley ..Ohh how I love that man (L) ) that the local airport in Enugu, Nigeria is closed for the summer. I was planning to visit him this summer!! The nearset airport is 5-8 hours away (that's if traffic is good). But we would be traveling in unpaved, back roads through Nigeria, with cars and buses breaking down constantly..Once it took my fiancee 2 days to get home from the airport!. Not to mention the violence and threats against Americans in some regions. So I got to thinking if he could get a tourist visa to Windsor, Canada it would be awesome. It's less than 20 minutes away form me. But I don't know where to start,is it's fairly easy for Africans to get tourist visa to Canada, does he need someone who lives there petition for him,or can we just expalin and show proof of hotel reservation that we will be staying at. Just needed some advice thanks!

Peace,

Chi :blush:

A Canadian visitor visa will just be as difficult as an American tourist visa in Nigeria.

Lagos to Enugu, Abuja to Enugu by road is NOT unpaved roads though. That being said, they are not like our interstate highways here but are okay. Vehicle break dows in Nigeria are from our fix it only when it breaks mentality.

I think the unpaved part will be closer to the final destination after you leave Enugu airport.

By the way, Enugu has one of the best roadways in Nigeria and it's in a state that is acclaimed for being the cleanest.

What about Dubai or Qatar, relatively easy visas and the Lady can put some time in for exquisite shopping :thumbs: but I still think you should go and rough it in Nigeria so you can better understand the conditions your King came from :D

Timeline

A Canadian visitor visa will just be as difficult as an American tourist visa in Nigeria.

Lagos to Enugu, Abuja to Enugu by road is NOT unpaved roads though. That being said, they are not like our interstate highways here but are okay. Vehicle break dows in Nigeria are from our fix it only when it breaks mentality.

I think the unpaved part will be closer to the final destination after you leave Enugu airport.

By the way, Enugu has one of the best roadways in Nigeria and it's in a state that is acclaimed for being the cleanest.

What about Dubai or Qatar, relatively easy visas and the Lady can put some time in for exquisite shopping :thumbs: but I still think you should go and rough it in Nigeria so you can better understand the conditions your King came from :D

Thanks ,, Im sorry if I gave the impression of not liking Nigeria.. It is beautiful . I've been there once and been to small, very small fishing towns in Ghana.. About the roads in Enugu..ummm not sure about that.lol lol, I just don't want to take any chances because of one incident that happen with a cab already. I have be realistic and in love... Yes, looking through papmpered American eyes my Kingsley

(Kings) home land may seem lacking, but I never felt that way.. His family is so strong and loving. I just stepped right in and felt at home. Things that I was used and they didn't have didn't phase me. I was so well taken care of I felt a little wired. Like I wanted to do more but they wouldn't let me lol.I know that his family scarificed a lot to provide for me that visit. So I feel guilty about complaining, but I have to follow my gut, I can't do that cab ride.I think we will just spend a week in Lagos. He says it louder and busier than Enugu and it is. lol.. but at least it is still his terriotry and I can relax, and we only have one air fare to worry about. Thanks for listening and I hope I didn't offend any of my Nigerian family and friends.

Peace,

Chi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.