Gary and Alla

How Obama reduces unemployment

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Keeping it short, Obama floated a plan to have veterans pay for their service-related medical issues through their own private insurance companies as a way to generate $540 million for the VA in 2010. Veterans groups and even Democrats blooded his nose on the idea and he backed off.

You really have to have zero moral character and no sense of patriotism to ask those injured on and off the field of battle to pay for the medical issues related to those injuries.

i'd hate to see the premiums for something like that. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Keeping it short, Obama floated a plan to have veterans pay for their service-related medical issues through their own private insurance companies as a way to generate $540 million for the VA in 2010. Veterans groups and even Democrats blooded his nose on the idea and he backed off.

You really have to have zero moral character and no sense of patriotism to ask those injured on and off the field of battle to pay for the medical issues related to those injuries.

You do realize that a lot of veterans use VA hospitals for treatment of many many illnesses that are not service related?

i'd hate to see the premiums for something like that. :blink:

It'd probably be about as horrible as Tri-Care premiums.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It'd probably be about as horrible as Tri-Care premiums.

i suspect they'd be far higher than that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You will, of course, apply that opinion to all those from the republican party that oppose adequate funding for the VA?!

Yes and no. I say DEFUND the VA entirely and let Vets choose their own doctor like everyone else they risked their life for! Just pay for it.

Its really simple...you join the military and serve the requisite term, be it four years or 24 years and you and your family get PAID medical care for life (children up until age 18 or 23 if they are unmarried students) Period.

IF you were actually in combat, your tax bill is marked PAID. You file a tax return (for as long as we keep that ridiculous income tax system) and your "Combat Veteran Credit" is exactly equal to the tax due after other deductions. I think it is immoral to ask a person to pay additional money after he risked the ultimate sacrifice for his country. That's it! He did his part.

James, our messed up, manipulated, coerced and convoluted system, right now, is allowing 47% of Americans to escape paying income tax AT ALL, and a bunch of ne'er do wells are collecting up to $5,400 of money they NEVER PAID in addition. Combat Veterans are a very small percentage of our population, even a small percentage of veterans were actually in combat...we can give THEM a pass and let some other part of the 47% pay the freakin' tax.

But this was about the unemployment situation. Why do you think the additional unemployment benefots were so necessary last year that there were threatened government shut downs and now it is not even mentioned?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline
The unemployment rate will look better as soon as we lose all those weekly jobless claims.

The weekly unemployment claims report captures the "initial claims" - i.e. new claims. Those numbers won't change if unemployment insurance pays 26 weeks, 79 weeks or 99 weeks. They only report on the new - i.e. first week's - filing. But your shrieking does make for some good hysteria. We should have gone the Republican way and cut 40 weeks of extended UI as Mitch wanted instead of the 20 weeks that were agreed on as a compromise measure. Besides, haven't your right wingers always screamed about how the unemployment rate is so high only because people have no incentive to search for work due to the 99 weeks UI? What changed that you guys are all of a sudden in favor of extended dependency?