Ameera73

Police Record

4 posts in this topic

The only way: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8957

This link should work. Scroll down the page till you find "Police Certificates - All Australia" and locate the specific instructions depending on the State. If you're outside a the country, the first paragraph right under "Police Certificates - All Australia" will be relevant to your interests.

Hope this help. :)

Rough Timeline
(I'm terrible with dates)

• Met online May 2008
  • Began dating August 2010
  • Met face to face July 2011
  • Became engaged October 2011
  • Filed Petition for Fiancé Visa October 2011
  • Approved case forward to Sydney Consulate February 2012 (with the wrong email address- caused a lot of stress trying fix)
  • Packet 3 sent to Consulate April 11 2012
  • Interview date sent back on April 18 2012 (according to them. I had to email to find out, which I got a reply to on April 26)
  • Interview scheduled for May 15 2012
  • Interview on May 15 2012: VISA APPROVED
  • Visa arrived in hand May 21 2012
  • Hopeful wedding date: July 7
  • Married July 7
  • Filed for AOS several days later
  • April 29, 2013: Immigration requested additional evidence (my medical)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The only way: http://www.travel.st...5.html?cid=8957

This link should work. Scroll down the page till you find "Police Certificates - All Australia" and locate the specific instructions depending on the State. If you're outside a the country, the first paragraph right under "Police Certificates - All Australia" will be relevant to your interests.

Hope this help. :)

Thanks Danneh!, in my case, my fiancé (the beneficiary) he live in Egypt, he was living in Australia for 4 years, we are in the K1 process now, he needs the police record from the time he was living in that country, I found the AFP form on the internet, I´m a little bit confuse because I don´t know what code number we have to choose, the 33 or the 35, the 33 is for Immigration/Citizenship, the 35 for Overseas Employment/Visas, and what about the fingerprints check?, I don´t know if he need that too, in the packet 3 you will not find the word fingerprints, if you read the AFP form , and if you choose code number 33 it says...Please note that fingerprints are not required by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) unless you are otherwise advised by them, and if you choose code number 35 Overseas Employment/Visas, that option does not says a word about anything.

Edited by Ameera73

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Danneh!, in my case, my fiancé (the beneficiary) he live in Egypt, he was living in Australia for 4 years, we are in the K1 process now, he needs the police record from the time he was living in that country, I found the AFP form on the internet, I´m a little bit confuse because I don´t know what code number we have to choose, the 33 or the 35, the 33 is for Immigration/Citizenship, the 35 for Overseas Employment/Visas, and what about the fingerprints check?, I don´t know if he need that too, in the packet 3 you will not find the word fingerprints, if you read the AFP form , and if you choose code number 33 it says...Please note that fingerprints are not required by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) unless you are otherwise advised by them, and if you choose code number 35 Overseas Employment/Visas, that option does not says a word about anything.

This is the link for police certs: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/obtain_police_cert.html which will lead you here: http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx (after a click or two). You would pick code 35. 33 is if you were seeking immigration/citizenship in Australia.

Police checks MUST be fingerprint based (says it at the top of the first link).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.