jaykMa

N400 - No FP after 43 days

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I sent my stuff in March based on 5 yr eligibility, I complete my 5 yr anniv. in June first week.

My DO is Milwaukee, Is this normal ?

Placed an inquiry last week still nothing would budge

Are there other people in same situation ?

Edited by jaykMa

Sometimes USCIS decides to skip FPs. Why? Who knows except that most of us are aware that the FPs are valid for 12 months (?)...

Have you signed up online for notifications? For N400, they are actually pretty good...

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Sometimes USCIS decides to skip FPs. Why? Who knows except that most of us are aware that the FPs are valid for 12 months (?)...

Have you signed up online for notifications? For N400, they are actually pretty good...

Thanks for the reply

I doubt if they will skip the FP for me, I had my FP few years ago, Are there other reasons why they skip FP.

Yes I have signed for online notification, no update whatsoever after priority date

Edited by jaykMa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I was like you, so worry, and stressing, I was expecting my FP after 2 or 3 weeks, but nothing, when it reached the day 30 (April 30) I called them, and I asked for a second level officer, and that IO told me that I'll have my FP at the end of me month(on MAY), after that, 5 days, I received an e-mail saying that they sent me my FP notice 46 days after I sent my application. I received the letter of the FP on the day 49, so you don't have to worry about that, sometimes it takes 60 days, but If I were you I'll call them right now, if you didn't do it yet when you reached the 30 days after you received you NOA. You'll get it pretty soon though. Don't forget to check your status on line too.

That happens a lot. My biometrics was waived. 30 days after mailing my application I called them & filed a service request. A week after, I got an email saying that they waived it as my fingerprints(from ROC) is still valid. I printed it out and took it with me on my interview just in case I got asked for it. The FP issue never came up on my interview & I took my oath the same day. FP is usually valid for 12-15months. But since your last one was years ago there's a big possibility that they will take your FP again.

Edited by pepper

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I sent my stuff in March based on 5 yr eligibility, I complete my 5 yr anniv. in June first week.

My DO is Milwaukee, Is this normal ?

Placed an inquiry last week still nothing would budge

Are there other people in same situation ?

As you already called and talked to them I think you don't have to worry. These things sometimes take a while. My "Lazarus" (check on my signature) is alive and I'm here chilling waiting for my oath letter. I got an email saying it was sent on May 2nd but I didn't get anything so far. So I called them today and she said although the letter is delivered in a few days I should allow 30 days. So no more worries (just anxiety lol, just kidding). :)

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

2 more days before they have to reply to the query, still nothing, no update at all

55 days and counting ....

As you already called and talked to them I think you don't have to worry. These things sometimes take a while. My "Lazarus" (check on my signature) is alive and I'm here chilling waiting for my oath letter. I got an email saying it was sent on May 2nd but I didn't get anything so far. So I called them today and she said although the letter is delivered in a few days I should allow 30 days. So no more worries (just anxiety lol, just kidding). :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

2 more days before they have to reply to the query, still nothing, no update at all

55 days and counting ....

When I had problems with biometrics during ROC they said to wait 30 days for a reply to the service request, it took them a little over a week to generate the letter and another week for it to get to me. If you call USCIS back and ask for an ISO you can ask them to verify if they have sent you a reply to your service request yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.