sunandmoon

St. Lukes and Vaccinations

12 posts in this topic

there was recently a thread centered around this subject. I saw this stated in a thread in another forum...

Most girls in the Philippines (please note not all.) will claim to be pregnant, or have had relatively recent "encouters" with their fiancee, or will be asked to return in a month for shots when their leaving the Philippines before the date to come back to St. Luke's is to finish the immunization record.

I doubt the validity of this statement. it implies it is true of the majority of female applicants in Manila. curious as to what others think.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

there was recently a thread centered around this subject. I saw this stated in a thread in another forum...

I doubt the validity of this statement. it implies it is true of the majority of female applicants in Manila. curious as to what others think.

What do I think, you like chismes!

You should save time and focus on more important things!!!!!:thumbs:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you are really bored... :blush:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I had to search to find that quote. And, of course, I'm not surprised at the source.

Most girls in the Philippines (please note not all.) will claim to be pregnant, or have had relatively recent "encouters" with their fiancee, or will be asked to return in a month for shots when their leaving the Philippines before the date to come back to St. Luke's is to finish the immunization record.

To be honest, I only know one female who did her medical at St. Luke's. None of those applied to her.

Maybe you should start a poll. :whistle:

I think you are really bored... :blush:

I guess I'm guilty, the title of the thread and wording of my post were poorly conceived. I guess I was tired of some misinformation i see being posted. I can't use taking any medication as an excuse for my post. :blush:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

The best information any member can give the noobs, or the misinformed http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-exams Then let them come back and ask informative questions.

If all else fails

http://www.slec.ph/contact-us.php

smokey-the-bear.jpg

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Others may choose to allow misinformation and stereotypes to slide. However, I feel sorry for people new to VJ who read quotes like that one and don't realize it's BS. That being said, please allow me to translate that quote for the noobs:

"Even though I brag that I'm an ace researcher and an expert, I really don't know much about Filipinos, the Philippines, nor the immigration process, but I'm not about to listen to anyone who does know about those things because I'm too busy talking.

I'm upset with the doctor at St. Lukes because my fiancée truthfully told the doctor the date of her last period, and that she had sexual relations with me in the days before her medical. Because of that, the doctor would not allow my fiancée to get her immunizations. Their reason was that immunizations are contraindicated for those who are pregnant or who might be pregnant. What do they know?!? Of course, I didn't bother to research the matter because I'm right and the doctor is wrong.

If I had been inside St. Lukes with my fiancée during her medical, I would have straightened out that doctor right away. However, the guard wouldn't allow me to enter St. Lukes. I'm beginning to think maybe I should have listened to all of those people on VJ who told me I wouldn't be allowed inside but, at the time, I was too busy posting long-winded "expert" nonsense on VJ, and I was obsessed with telling everyone about my dysfunctional family. By the way, have I told you the latest gossip about my family...?? Anyway, I emailed St. Lukes a long time ago and demanded that they meet with me face-to-face so that they could apologize to me for not allowing me inside, but I still haven't heard anything back from them. I wonder what's taking them so long...

I really wish my fiancée would have gotten her shots at St. Lukes because they were already included in the price of the medical. Now I'm upset with the civil surgeons here in the U.S. because they are telling me that my fiancée has to get her shots before they will complete her I-693. She needs her I-693 for adjusting her status..but...HEY...those shots cost a lot of money...and this is taking a lot of extra time! I don't know why, but everyone thinks I'm made of money! Everyone! I'll have to research that to find out why that is. Actually, I've got lots bills and expenses! Let me tell you about them...

In the meantime, I'll keep on posting stereotypes and misinformation because it's easier than telling the real story."

End of translation.

:pop:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had to search to find that quote. And, of course, I'm not surprised at the source.

Thanks for the insight, makes sense now.. But at firstI thought it was a petioner bringing in a beneficiary from another country stating his knowledge about the Phils... But now I understand it is a person with tribal knowledge bringing the whole village over to the STates!!!!!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Thanks for the insight, makes sense now.. But at firstI thought it was a petioner bringing in a beneficiary from another country stating his knowledge about the Phils... But now I understand it is a person with tribal knowledge bringing the whole village over to the STates!!!!!

:lol:

Maybe they are just scared of the 2-3 shots to be given at the same time?! :innocent: If the doctors suspect that she is pregnant, basing on her LMP, definitely the shots will not be given as it will harm the developing fetus..

Since the shots are included in the medical fee, its such a waste of money if they cannot be administered now and have to be given in 1-2 months time in the US but has to be paid again.. Might as well use any trusted form of contraception several weeks/months before the medical exam. :blush:

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess I'm guilty, the title of the thread and wording of my post were poorly conceived. I guess I was tired of some misinformation i see being posted. I can't use taking any medication as an excuse for my post. :blush:

:rofl:

Lots of "that" information for sure...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.