Government Workers

102 posts in this topic

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I can't believe there is complaining because people can take the vacation and leave time they earned and spend the holidays or whenever with their families or relaxing? How would you feel if someone said the same thing about you? Careful about that karma...

ITA Mel....

btw, i didn't notice you back...welcome back....thought you perma-huffed off after calling us all mother fcukers ;)

Ok ok ok I knew someone had to mention it eventually. Yes I came back after saying I was leaving (lame, I know, but I thought I would get away with it). Is that gonna be alright or am I persona non grata? And I am sorry for calling everyone names.

Nah, people leave and come back all the time....but it would have been nice to offer an apology instead of waiting for someone to call you on it.

Hey, but that's just my opin. No big shakes B)

My opinion was that people shouldn't really be saying things like "Your husband shouldn't get citizenship because of his past bad choices in life." It's that karma thing again, works in mysterious ways. When you start wishing bad stuff on other people....NOT saying you personally, but there were several who expressed that sentiment.

Heina,

There is no reason you can't be around. In fact you've posted quite a bit since that day. What is the big deal?

Because nobody had mentioned it. Now someone has. When I asked Capt. Ewok to disable my member name, he assured me that it wasn't a big deal and people would forget about it soon enough. I asked him to do that, because I knew soon enough I would be back on here posting. And that's exactly what happened. Oh well, too bad.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Timeline
Because nobody had mentioned it. Now someone has. When I asked Capt. Ewok to disable my member name, he assured me that it wasn't a big deal and people would forget about it soon enough. I asked him to do that, because I knew soon enough I would be back on here posting. And that's exactly what happened. Oh well, too bad.

Ok so someone has mentioned it. So what?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Because I don't understand why the past has to be dredged up over and over and over again. Am I going to have to see this every time I post now-"I thought you were leaving..." No thanks.

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Because I don't understand why the past has to be dredged up over and over and over again. Am I going to have to see this every time I post now-"I thought you were leaving..." No thanks.

i'll be the first then :P

"I thought you were leaving..."

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i'll be the first then :P

"I thought you were leaving..."

:lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :lol:

-Oscar the Grouch

I personally don't understand what the point was either. If Lisa wanted to know information she should have pm'd Melissa instead of calling her out in front of everyone.

Somebody calls everyone here motherfcukers & wishes everyone bad luck and *I'm* the one who didn't use discretion?

Okay then. :rolleyes:

Oh. and my point, since you asked, was to publicly say what I was thinking. I don't need a pm to discuss summat that happened in front of everyone :thumbs:

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Somebody calls everyone here motherfcukers & wishes everyone bad luck and *I'm* the one who didn't use discretion?

handclap.gif

oh and me too! :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I personally don't understand what the point was either. If Lisa wanted to know information she should have pm'd Melissa instead of calling her out in front of everyone.

Oh. and my point, since you asked, was to publicly say what I was thinking. I don't need a pm to discuss summat that happened in front of everyone :thumbs:

Well I am glad we have LisaD to get us all an apology since I can tell you it was bugging me :lol:

Seriously I dont get it either... you posted it was not a big deal yet you go to the effort to write a post about it. If it is not a big deal why bring it up and why go to the effort of posting about it. Why not be honest about it and call the person on it and tell them you were offended and want an apology or do you enjoy being a bit passive aggressive!!!

I am tickled at the complaints on how THEY don't do their JOBS like I DO in PRIVATE INDUSTRY with timestamps during... normal business hours.

Couldnt tell if this comment was leveled at me or not but I will address it. I would love to see you quote where I said they were not doing their jobs. As I said the complaint leveled is consistency of service and accountablity so if I was not clear enough please tell me and I will try to put it in clearer terms.

As for the time stamp on my post, I dunno about you but I have monthly meetings with my boss to ensure I am meeting the goals and expectations she has for all of her employees. The people who are my custmers can critque my work directly to my boss via annoymous survey. I have met or exceeded expectations to date. Would be nice if customers of the government services could do that. So given my customers are happy and my boss approves of my level of contribution please tell me how I am being counter productive. Also I am usually to work by 7am or 7:30am and dont leave until 5pm so there is a bit of time through out the work day that is mine.

Wasn't directed at you personally, but at the general notion that it's a horror beyond horrors that government employees might get Christmas off, but it's perfectly fine to post on VJ at work and that doesn't affect productivity at all.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Well I am glad we have LisaD to get us all an apology since I can tell you it was bugging me :lol:

Seriously I dont get it either... you posted it was not a big deal yet you go to the effort to write a post about it. If it is not a big deal why bring it up and why go to the effort of posting about it. Why not be honest about it and call the person on it and tell them you were offended and want an apology or do you enjoy being a bit passive aggressive!!!

Ok answering in order....Color coding the question to the answer!

Cos I wanted to

I was

I did

I personally wasn't offended, but considering the support many have given MissLiss, I felt it was completely uncalled for!

Very much so!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Btw this ? is a question mark...have you two met? ;)

grammartime.jpg