sraymundo

Emergency Visa? From Philippines to USA

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I'm new to these forums and was looking for some information, I read some other topics on here and saw that you were able to help some people with the situations.

Right now my mom is in the hospital here in NY. She's been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and has been fighting cancer for the past 10 years now. Her doctor has said that there is no cure for what she has now and the cancer has spread to her liver, lungs, bones and her brain. The doctor is unsure of how long she has left but said that right now it's a quality of life issue for my mom, how comfortable she'll be for the rest of her days :( she said that my mom probably has around 3 to 4 months left before she passes.

My brother has just arrived from the Philippines to be here with my mom and also to be here for my dad - who is having the hardest time. My sister and brother have also been living here in the US for a long time now.

I still have 2 brothers and a sister in the Philippines who want to come to visit my mom before she passes. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction on how my brothers and sister in the Philippines would be able to get an emergency visa or find a way to come to NY to be with my mother during the end of her life?

I have absolutely no information about this and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I am very sorry to hear of your Mother's situation.

I wouldn't have a clue of how you would go about getting a visa for this type of issue but maybe you can take a look at the following web site: http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3024.html

I believe there is a phone number listed that might be able to give you more assistance.

I wish you the best and will pray for your family during this very difficult time.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They apply for a Visitors Visa - B2.

The local Consulate web site will have all the details.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhvpnt.html

They need to book a interview first, usually a B is sent a few days later.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Your siblings can get an interview date within a few days after the embassy approves an expedited request for emergency travel. But of course, your siblings have to show strong ties to the Philippines that would make them want to come back to the Philippine after visiting your Mom.

To request emergency travel click here: http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwhni20.html

You have to support your request with a doctor's or hospital certification about your mom's condition.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Your siblings can get an interview date within a few days after the embassy approves an expedited request for emergency travel. But of course, your siblings have to show strong ties to the Philippines that would make them want to come back to the Philippine after visiting your Mom.

To request emergency travel click here: http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwhni20.html

You have to support your request with a doctor's or hospital certification about your mom's condition.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I suggest that you go to BPI or Citibank to pay for the tourist visa application forms ($100 peso equivalent per person). With his, you can now call the US embassy call center (the call center agent will ask you for the receipt reference number so have this ready) and explain to the operator the urgency of the interview. Last year, I needed to get a tourist visa for my children and they gave me an interview date three days after the phone request.

Of course, this is no guarantee that a visa will be granted. You will have to prove that they intend to return to the Philippines. The immigration officer at the point of entry determines the length of stay to be granted.

Hope to have been of some help. Will pray for your Mom.

Maria

K-1 & K-2s TIMELINE_____

* met May-05, Maria & sons Manila, Philippines - Richard & daughters Toledo, Ohio

* Richard move to WI Sept-05, exchange extended visits Oct, Nov & Dec (05) & Feb (06)

* K-1&2s on file @ NSC 3-6-06, case xfer to CSC 6-1-06

* touches 6-2&3&14&15&17, RFE (IMBRA) CSC letter sent 6-23-06, touches 7-3&5

* RFE express return to/@ CSC 7-14-06, more touches 7-24&25, 9-5&6, NOA2 email notice rcvd 9-6

* visit Philippines & China Sept-2006, again see Maria & more extended family

* NVC assigns Embassy Case# 10-6; 10-12 letter rcvd 10-16 (sent 10-12) NVC receipt of I-129f

* rcvd letter 10-31 Embassy has paperwork, phone & embassy website 12-13 shows 2-13-07 interview

* Pgk 4 rcvd 12-21, St. Lukes Extension exams/vaccinations 1-10&11

* Manila interview 2-13; Delbros text message to Maria 2-6 - visas rcvd 2-19

AOS & EAD TIMELINE______

* P.O.E. Minneapolis & reunited in Milwaukee airport 3-4

* wedding 3-10 Plover, WI, applied for Maria's SSN 3-28 @ local office

* I-693A done @ civil surgeon office 4-4, Maria's SS card rcvd 4-16,

* mailed AOS (Chicago) & EAD (Nebraska) paperwork 4-21

* rcvd USCIS receipts of paperwork 5-2, posted wedding pics on VJ 5-3

* Maria's AOS biometrics appointment 5-22, son's on 6-5, no update on EAD status yet

* rcvd AOS appointment 5-26, set for 7-9 in Bloomington,MN office

* applied for Maria's WI state ID 6-5 & card rcvd 6-11

* AOS approved @ 7-9 interview, told to expect green cards 5-30 days

* USCIS confirms approved A#s rcvd 7-14, 2 green cards rcd 7-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.