8 posts in this topic

I am currently preparing the paper works for AOS (btw, I entered K-1). I have all the papers ready except I-693 because I only have the DS 3025 which is only less than a year old. I am having a dilema of getting an RFE by not including the I-693. I have read on prev posts (reading forums as far as 2008) that a lot of people are getting an RFE becuase they only sent their DS 3025..ofcourse others were lucky enough to be approved without the RFE.

are there any of VJ members here who just file their AOS lately without the I-693 forms? your experience/input would be much appreciated. I just dont want to waste the hard earned cash of my wife.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am currently preparing the paper works for AOS (btw, I entered K-1). I have all the papers ready except I-693 because I only have the DS 3025 which is only less than a year old. I am having a dilema of getting an RFE by not including the I-693. I have read on prev posts (reading forums as far as 2008) that a lot of people are getting an RFE becuase they only sent their DS 3025..ofcourse others were lucky enough to be approved without the RFE.

are there any of VJ members here who just file their AOS lately without the I-693 forms? your experience/input would be much appreciated. I just dont want to waste the hard earned cash of my wife.

I am curious to see what people say. If you read the instructions for the I-693, it says the following.

USCIS requires most applicants seeking to adjust to lawful permanent resident status to submit the results of a medical examination by a designated civil surgeon on Form I-693, which indicates whether an applicant is or is not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.

Note: The results of the medical examination are generally valid for only 12 months. Applicants should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time they file for adjustment of status, but provide sufficient time for the performance of laboratory testing or additional testing required under CDC's Technical Instructions.

It says it requires most applicants, which leads me to believe that not all applicants need it. I wonder if those that came on a K1 VISA with a medical exam under the 1 year mark, really require the I-693. It makes you wonder the way the directions are written. Actually my feeling is that if you have a new exam at an Embassy approved medical clinic where they screen the fiancee for 2 days and issue the DS-3025, it make me wonder if you can get by with the DS-3025 with the missing immunizations that are obtained once you arrive in the U.S. prior to filing your AOS paperwork. Of course they would not issue a K1 VISA if the fiancee/applicant was not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds. THis would make sense bcause they make sure your fiancee is healthy or the VISA would not be issued. I know the results of your medical exam are included in the sealed packet that it give to USCIS at the POE. If they have that and you have not went over the 1 year expiration for the medical by the time you file your AOS, it makes sense that maybe you may not need it. The OP said he read some people did not get and RFE for not sending it and some did. It makes me wonder if the ones that did let their Embassy medical exam expire. I am excited to see what experiences and opinions people give as their feedback to similar situations. If you got an RFE for the I-693 VJ'ers, please let us know if the medical exam had went past the 1 year mark when the AOS paperwork was filed.

Edited by RickJovi

i didnt include I-693 in my AOS coz me and my husband decided to send my DS 3025 as i read here in VJ that it will be good to go if the DS 3025 says incomplete and illigible for blanket waiver. We planned to see civil surgeon incase an RFE for it arise (saving some $$). We received RFE but not for my medical, instead they are asking for my birth cert (My NSO birth is not readable).

Now, my AP is approved and EAD is on card production although i havent receieved in the mail yet. Just based on my case status in uscis site.

Goodluck!

I sent in my DS-3025 and vaccination records and I got an RFE for the I-693. It appears they've lost my medical though, so my situation is a bit different.

Generally, if you've entered on a K1 visa, and you've had a medical exam in the last year and your DS-3025 was marked as COMPLETE, you do not need to fill out the I-693. If it was marked as incomplete, you would need to see a civil surgeon.

Edited by Coconuts

I sent my AOS pckage last FEB. with my DS-3025 that says incomplete and eligible for blanket waiver, thought its applicable to me cause most of the immunization/vaccine are not age appropriate and was about to expire in 5 weeks when I sent my application. So far NO RFE yet :) I hope not! MY EAD was approved and its on my way :) So Im constantly praying I don't get an RFE.

Edited by ShawnKJuliet

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

I also came to USA on a k1 and now adjustign status, my timeline is below.

My medical is less than a year old and so I just inlcuded DS-3025 in my AOS packet and my interview has been scheduled.

K1 Timeline:
I-129F sent 02/05/2011
NOA1 02/16/2011
Touched 02/20/2011
NOA2 05/23/2011
NVC received 06/06/2011
NVC sent 06/07/2011
Embassy received 06/10/2011
Packet 3 received 06/15/2011
Packet 3 sent 06/28/2011
Packet 3 received (embassy) 06/29/2011
Medical 07/11/2011
Interview 08/22/2011 - Approved. Visa received by courier 1 week later.
POE 12/12/2011 (Dallas)
Marriage: 12/21/2011

AOS Timeline:
AOS package (inc. I-131 & I-765) sent 03/21/2012
AOS package received at Lockbox 03/22/2012
NOA's received 03/30/2012
Biometric appointment 04/20/2012 as scheduled
Email notification of interview 04/30/2012
Email approval EAD & AP 05/10/2012
Interview 06/04/2012 (Approved)

ROC Timeline:
ROC package (I-751) sent 03/10/2014
NOA: 03/14/2014

Approved: 06/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you had all the required shots at the time of your medical, then you only need to send the DS-3025. This is the case, even if it is marked incomplete/may be eligible for blanket waiver. See this informative post about it: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.