645 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi everyone, we had our interview today in the LI office and I got to say it was a very bad expierience, I feel so put down by the IO (who was a grumpy old man) and his rude comments about me overstaing my visa that even though he had stamped my passport with the I-551 stamp at the end I do not feel like celebrating at all.

We have been married for 11 years and have two kids so all he wanted from us were our wedding pictures, recent utility bill, I also had our car and home insuranse policy and letter from my husband's health insuranse stating that we were all covered under the same policy.

he went through the yest/no questions from i-485 and he asked if we used public assistnace (I guess medicaid?) when my kids were being born- to which I've replied "no" because we've always had health insuranse through my husban's job.

He was very cold through out the entire time and when my husband asked him if he wanted to see pictures of our kids he replied "no I've already seen their birth certificates" so my husband replied "but you didin't see how cute they are" and that make his shortly relax and take a quick look at the pics of our family.

Then he said OK you are done, you should get your card in the mail in about two weeks and that's when the problems started because I assumed that he approved us and asked him if he can stamp my passport since we are traveling in exactly 2 weeks and I don't want to be worried that the card may not come in time. he was visible irritated by my request and said "who told you about the stamp?" I never do that!!! I have to look at your file again, check all the info on the computer and decide if I will approve you!

to make a long story short he then asked me if I can show him my tickets (to which I've replied that I can show him email confirming that I bought them) and asked me why we can't go in a month insted of two weeks- my reply was that the kids are starting school and we want to travel while they still have their summer vacation.

he then finally said: well if you really want to I will do what I never do and stamp your passport for you, again looking at my expired visa and making a remark how "we" immingrants can not be trusted. When I thank him and wished him a nice day he didn't even reply.

Now, can somebody tell me how long does it take to have my status updated online to approved (I'm so scared he may changed his mind and not approve us, I hope I am just being paranoid after this whole interview and it is not possible since I already have my stamp in the passport)

Wow! Sorry you feel so hurt by him. Don't be worried you're a married couple for many years, you have shown your life has been together, you won't be denied. You will know soon, check your status online often. Report the man for the way you were treated so he can't make others feel as you do. Enjoy your trip and feel great knowing you have your husband and children by your side. SMILE :) Things will be fine

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Thanks guys

congratulations on your approval!

The IO seems to have issues... he might enjoyed doing that for his own benefit... but the law is the law and you have rights that he even though he is an IO can't fight....

:dance: :dance: best of luck on your new journey as a LPR and have a great trip with your fam.... :D

Edited by isa30

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

congratulations on your approval!

The IO seems to have issues... he might enjoyed doing that for his own benefit... but the law is the law and you have rights that he even though he is an IO can't fight....

:dance: :dance: best of luck on your new journey as a LPR and have a great trip with your fam.... :D

Thank you, I felt so beaten down after this interview that all of yours kind words made me feel so much better and finally make me realize the process is almost over for me, just want to get the actual card in the mail and I can finally breathe

Now, can somebody tell me how long does it take to have my status updated online to approved (I'm so scared he may changed his mind and not approve us, I hope I am just being paranoid after this whole interview and it is not possible since I already have my stamp in the passport)

Congrats! Most people get a status update by the end of the day but it's not uncommun to have to wait a few days. Relax, you have been approved and the IO is not going to flip-flop.

Day_01 05/05 AOS Package delivered (I-130,I-485,I-765).

Day_31 06/05 Biometrics done.

Day_46 06/20 Interview Notification

Day_79 07/23 Interview. Approved.

Day_86 07/30 Received GC and EAD

Got my GC in the mail today :D

So happy that this is all finally over (for 2 years, at least). Now just waiting for my ssn card so we can start our normal lives, finally :)

My timeline thus far:
AOS (2012):
- May 10th- Mailed package
- May 14th- Package received
- May 17th- NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-76
- May 21st- Received NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765 in the mail
- May 24th- Received Biometrics appointment in the mail for June 11th
- June 11th- Biometrics appointment
- June 28th- Received interview appointment for July 31st
- July 21st- EAD card production notice
- July 30th- Received EAD card in the mail
- July 31st- AOS interview (approved)
- August 6th- Applied for SSN
- August 9th- Received GC in the mail!! :D
- August 11th- Received SSN card

ROC (2014):

-June 27th- Mailed I-751 (Signature confirmation confirmed the date)

-June 30th- Receipt date for NOA

Husband just received his card on the mail :thumbs::dance::dance:

We are very happy!!!

03/14/2012 - We got married!
05/02/2012 - AOS sent
06/01/2012 - Biometrics appointment - Done
07/11/2012 - I-765 - Card production ordered
07/19/2012 - Interview
08/01/2012 - I-485 - Green Card/Document Production
08/09/2012 - Green card received!!!

05/09/2014 - Joint I-751 Sent

07/28/2014 - I-751 approved

Timeline

Received my green card yesterday in the mail

Congratulations to julookings , karla_douglas and Jiu Wishing all of you the very best for your future

event.png

event.png

Timeline

May filer here, Interview coming up September 6th in OKC. although we've been married for 3 years, have two daughters together, Still freakin nervous.

Wishing you Good Luck :)

event.png

event.png

Hum almost ten days after RFE respond review a-online and still nothing, EAD/AP still on initial review and no interview letter..what takes so long after getting our RFE response????! Its driving me nuts! I mean Im happy to see everyone approved and so on but it makes me even more worried about our situation..:(

AOS Sent: 2012-04-25

AP: Sent 2012-04-25

EAD:Sent 2012-04-25

NOA (email) : 2012-05-08

NOA (hard copy) 2012-05-14

RFE for 2011 Tax return: May 29th 2012

Biometrics appointment letter: June 7th 2012

RFE Response Review: June 21st 2012

Second RFE notification by email: June 25th 2012, need a joint sponsor, despite meeting poverty requirements, USCIS apparently doesnt know how to read figures...

Biometrics appointment: 2012-06-28

Second RFE Review: July 30th, 2012 Hopefully now things will move on!

EAD/AP Approved/Card Production August 13th 2012

Email for Interview scheduled September 19th, August 14th 2012

Hard Copy Interview notice: August 15th 2012

EAD/AP Combo Card in hand: August 20th 2012

Interview:approved on the spot, stamp in passport: September 19th 2012

GC in hand: September 29h

See you for ROC in two years!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

May filer here, Interview coming up September 6th in OKC. although we've been married for 3 years, have two daughters together, Still freakin nervous.

I am nervous too! We have been together or 8 years and married 3 and have a son, and I'm still worried. I can't wait to get this all done and start living a normal life. Good luck to everyone

I am nervous too! We have been together or 8 years and married 3 and have a son, and I'm still worried. I can't wait to get this all done and start living a normal life. Good luck to everyone

Forgot to add mine is August 24th

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

I got email/text saying that I have been approved yesterday afternoon (big weight off my shoulders) :dance:

Thanks again to everyone at this blog and good luck to those who are still waiting!

MY AOS Journey

05/07/12 - Mailed AOS package

05/09/12 - Package delivered

05/14/12 - E-mail/text notifications received

05/21/12 - NOAs (hard copies for AOS and I-130 received)

05/21/12 - Appointment notice for biometrics received (June 6th at 11 AM)

05/21/12 - Mailed out I765

05/24/12 - I765 received by USCIS

05/22/12 - successefull walk-in biometrics done at Holtsville, NY

07/04/12 - Text and email- EAD card approved

07/05/12 - text and email update- Interview scheduled for Aug 9, 2012

07/09/12 - 2nd text/email: EAD card production ordered

08/09/12 - AOS interview APPROVED!!!!

08/09/12 - text/email confriming my approval

Edited by rakosik

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.