15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys over there, need words of support, I submitted my I-129 November 2011, my package had K-1 multiple submission waiver letter and the, circumstance how we meet, primary proof of meeting within the last two years before submitting my petition, etc. I had two K-1 Visa that was submitted in the past one was 8 years ago and the marriage did not last for many reasons, and the other was last year that I withdrawn and it was terminated accordingly per California service center (CSC)letter. All the documents that supporting my request for multiple K-1 petitions waiver were mailed with my present I-129 petition. For my surprise and upset, the RFE I got was asking for all the documents I submitted with my initial petition, I mean, they are asking for waiver letter, primary meeting evidence, and multiple divorce pages of my Fiancée, and to make it more painful the RFE letter (Not the blue page) was stating the "Director intend to deny my petition" so, why in the hell then they are RFE!!! :bonk: : Do I have bad luck that my file went under new hire adjudicator!!. They were asking for multiple pages of my fiancée’s divorce certificate, My Fiancée country (Russia) issue only one page certified stamped divorce certificate that was sent along with the English translation and the translator statement as required by USCIS. I do not know did those guys at CSC lost all the documents that were included in my Package when first submitted? I'm going Crazy :bonk: Upon receiving my response to the RFE, my case was updated on April 20,2012. I need some support from some over there who went or is going through these stressful times. :(:help: : and Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys over there, need words of support, I submitted my I-129 November 2011, my package had K-1 multiple submission waiver letter and the, circumstance how we meet, primary proof of meeting within the last two years before submitting my petition, etc. I had two K-1 Visa that was submitted in the past one was 8 years ago and the marriage did not last for many reasons, and the other was last year that I withdrawn and it was terminated accordingly per California service center (CSC)letter. All the documents that supporting my request for multiple K-1 petitions waiver were mailed with my present I-129 petition. For my surprise and upset, the RFE I got was asking for all the documents I submitted with my initial petition, I mean, they are asking for waiver letter, primary meeting evidence, and multiple divorce pages of my Fiancée, and to make it more painful the RFE letter (Not the blue page) was stating the "Director intend to deny my petition" so, why in the hell then they are RFE!!! :bonk: : Do I have bad luck that my file went under new hire adjudicator!!. They were asking for multiple pages of my fiancée's divorce certificate, My Fiancée country (Russia) issue only one page certified stamped divorce certificate that was sent along with the English translation and the translator statement as required by USCIS. I do not know did those guys at CSC lost all the documents that were included in my Package when first submitted? I'm going Crazy :bonk: Upon receiving my response to the RFE, my case was updated on April 20,2012. I need some support from some over there who went or is going through these stressful times. :(:help: : and Thanks

This is weird, are they asking for the documents you submitted 8 years ago? My advice to people who have to file IMBRA waiver is to marry first and then file CR, this path avoids the IMBRA requirement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is weird, are they asking for the documents you submitted 8 years ago? My advice to people who have to file IMBRA waiver is to marry first and then file CR, this path avoids the IMBRA requirement.

I don't think all IMBRA Waivers for limitations are denied. His must be a unique situation and something must not be right. I filed one and I am expecting it to be approved. I file 3 months short of my first K1 petition being 2 years old. I am no a criminal, no history of violence, domestic violence or abuse of the immigration system. Now I am past the 2 year mark, and almost at my 5 month mark for my NOA1. No RFE for me yet, but I don't expect one because I documented everything well and sent more than enough information for them. My advice to the OP is to submit what they are requestng again. Surely they won't flat out deny him if he sends what the RFE asks for and it satifies their requirements. I didn't look at his timeline, but I am curious to see what it is for his pettition. I wish him luck. If USCIS tries to screw me over, then I will marry my fiancee. No one will stop me from being with her period!!!!!

Edited by RickJovi

Timeline

Thank you for your response, No they are asking for all documents that I submitted on November 2011 with my I-129 petition in behalf of my fiancee. AS if the lost the whole supporting documentations. Any advice or suggestion would realy help and comfort my anxiety, and thank you in advance

Timeline

I don't think all IMBRA Waivers for limitations are denied. His must be a unique situation and something must not be right. I filed one and I am expecting it to be approved. I file 3 months short of my first K1 petition being 2 years old. I am no a criminal, no history of violence, domestic violence or abuse of the immigration system. Now I am past the 2 year mark, and almost at my 5 month mark for my NOA1. No RFE for me yet, but I don't expect one because I documented everything well and sent more than enough information for them. My advice to the OP is to submit what they are requestng again. Surely they won't flat out deny him if he sends what the RFE asks for and it satifies their requirements. I didn't look at his timeline, but I am curious to see what it is for his pettition. I wish him luck. If USCIS tries to screw me over, then I will marry my fiancee. No one will stop me from being with her period!!!!!

RickJovi:

Thank you very much for your response, my petition is I-129F for fiancée K-1 Visa. At least I'm having you guys sharing with me. I mailed their RFE on April 19, 2012, I received text and e-mail and my Case was updated on USCIS web site on April 20, 2012. And YES I mailed AGAIN the waiver letter with supporting documentation, Statement ( full page of Circumstance of our meeting), primary evidence for my meeting with my fianciee ( boarding passes, itineraries, bank statement records for airfare, ATM, hotel charges, hotel receipt showing both of my name and my fiancée's, first passport pages, passport pages showing entry and departure from the country where my Fiancée and I met), secondary evidence, Date stamped photos of me and my Fiancée together. Txt messages, phone, and Skype communication records that paved the way to our meeting. I would like to note that the waiver letter is the same one I got approval for the 2010 I-129F petition that I withdrawn after my beneficiary got cold feet and refused to leave her old parents and her country, And I included that CSC confirmation letter of the 2010 termination petition with the waiver documentation. I do not know what they want more that is insane:crying: :bonk: I think I will follow your plan, If USCIS is going to screw me over, I will marry my fiancee, and file for I_130. Thanks a lot for every one who will keep our discussion and encouragement .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you for your response, No they are asking for all documents that I submitted on November 2011 with my I-129 petition in behalf of my fiancee. AS if the lost the whole supporting documentations. Any advice or suggestion would realy help and comfort my anxiety, and thank you in advance

They may have lost it, it can happen and do not assume it did not. Resend everything. The intent to deny is because they are asking for SO much that they feel you may not even have a basis for a benefit. There is no requirement for them to send an RFE, they can simply deny a petition if it does not appear there could be be any benefit.

I think if you respond properly, that means send everything, you will be fine. Russia issues divorce certificates but there IS a divorce decree. She can get a copy of it from ZAGS. She needs the court order that resulted in a certificate being issued. Ukraine used to do a similar thing but they have stopped using the certificate and now just give copies of the court order. It must be a registered and stamped COPY of the court order. If she can get the original she can scan it and email it to you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

They may have lost it, it can happen and do not assume it did not. Resend everything. The intent to deny is because they are asking for SO much that they feel you may not even have a basis for a benefit. There is no requirement for them to send an RFE, they can simply deny a petition if it does not appear there could be be any benefit.

I think if you respond properly, that means send everything, you will be fine. Russia issues divorce certificates but there IS a divorce decree. She can get a copy of it from ZAGS. She needs the court order that resulted in a certificate being issued. Ukraine used to do a similar thing but they have stopped using the certificate and now just give copies of the court order. It must be a registered and stamped COPY of the court order. If she can get the original she can scan it and email it to you.

Dear Gary and Alla:

Thank you very much for your support, I can not imagine that they lost over three pound folder (My original submission of my -129F petition), nevertheless, I mailed EGAIN every documents they asked for and will keep my fingers crossed. I'm not familiar with the abbreviation (ZAGS), as regard to my fiancée final divorce certificate I mailed AGAIN the colored copy of the final divorce certificate, that is stamped by the civil registry office and the signature of the Civil office person in charge, the notarized English translation is having the certificate # also, and as you know Alla, the English Translation is attached to the Russian certificate length wise with threads, whose ends are stamped sealed with the notary seal , so they can not separated and as support of the validity of the translation. The translation has the translator statement per USCIS Direction. Wish me luck guys, waiting for adjudication response to RFE is more stressful than waiting for the initial five months processing time. thanks again, God bless and shall keep you posted..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys over there, need words of support, I submitted my I-129 November 2011, my package had K-1 multiple submission waiver letter and the, circumstance how we meet, primary proof of meeting within the last two years before submitting my petition, etc. I had two K-1 Visa that was submitted in the past one was 8 years ago and the marriage did not last for many reasons, and the other was last year that I withdrawn and it was terminated accordingly per California service center (CSC)letter. All the documents that supporting my request for multiple K-1 petitions waiver were mailed with my present I-129 petition. For my surprise and upset, the RFE I got was asking for all the documents I submitted with my initial petition, I mean, they are asking for waiver letter, primary meeting evidence, and multiple divorce pages of my Fiancée, and to make it more painful the RFE letter (Not the blue page) was stating the "Director intend to deny my petition" so, why in the hell then they are RFE!!! :bonk: : Do I have bad luck that my file went under new hire adjudicator!!. They were asking for multiple pages of my fiancée’s divorce certificate, My Fiancée country (Russia) issue only one page certified stamped divorce certificate that was sent along with the English translation and the translator statement as required by USCIS. I do not know did those guys at CSC lost all the documents that were included in my Package when first submitted? I'm going Crazy :bonk: Upon receiving my response to the RFE, my case was updated on April 20,2012. I need some support from some over there who went or is going through these stressful times. :(:help: : and Thanks

I would do all they are asking but I also think it might be a good idea to get your comgressman involved at this point. They get very strict when it is your 3rd and final k-1

Timeline

Dear Gary and Alla:

Thank you very much for your support, I can not imagine that they lost over three pound folder (My original submission of my -129F petition), nevertheless, I mailed EGAIN every documents they asked for and will keep my fingers crossed. I'm not familiar with the abbreviation (ZAGS), as regard to my fiancée final divorce certificate I mailed AGAIN the colored copy of the final divorce certificate, that is stamped by the civil registry office and the signature of the Civil office person in charge, the notarized English translation is having the certificate # also, and as you know Alla, the English Translation is attached to the Russian certificate length wise with threads, whose ends are stamped sealed with the notary seal , so they can not separated and as support of the validity of the translation. The translation has the translator statement per USCIS Direction. Wish me luck guys, waiting for adjudication response to RFE is more stressful than waiting for the initial five months processing time. thanks again, God bless and shall keep you posted..

I can believe it. Especially if it was a 3 pound folder. ZAGS is the transliterated abbreviation of The Ministry of Internal Affairs...vital records, so to speak. She would know what it is. They are the keeper of all documents.

I know the document you are speaking of and it is apostilled, which is normal for documents translated in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. If you cannot get the court records then just attach an explanation. FWIW Alla has translated dozens of those certificates and I have not heard of anyone having a problem with them. Alla has such a certificate and it has been accepted by USCIS for every step of the process. THAT part may be a "newbie error"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I can believe it. Especially if it was a 3 pound folder. ZAGS is the transliterated abbreviation of The Ministry of Internal Affairs...vital records, so to speak. She would know what it is. They are the keeper of all documents.

I know the document you are speaking of and it is apostilled, which is normal for documents translated in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. If you cannot get the court records then just attach an explanation. FWIW Alla has translated dozens of those certificates and I have not heard of anyone having a problem with them. Alla has such a certificate and it has been accepted by USCIS for every step of the process. THAT part may be a "newbie error"

Thank you Gary and Alla, for your explanation, I have already mailed my response to the CSC RFE and the requested documents that included the final divorce certificate my fiancee got from her city district administration Civil Registry Office. I just wait and hope for the best, shall keep you posted

Timeline

I checked today VJ and since we had the same situation (IMBRA waivers for limitations) although mine is complicated, I WAS VERY PLEASED TO FIND OUT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED..MY CONGRATUALTION AND BEST WISHES. :dance:(F)

Timeline

I checked today VJ and since we had the same situation (IMBRA waivers for limitations) although mine is complicated, I WAS VERY PLEASED TO FIND OUT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED..MY CONGRATUALTION AND BEST WISHES. :dance:(F)

Suggestion to others...

When you are making copies of documents to attach, I created a "letterhead" and printed my own paper with my name AND Alla's name and "I-129f attachment" on it and then loaded those in my printer so every piece of paper had our names on them. If they get separated they can be returned to your file. There really is no good reason for them to GET separated but judging from the number of posts where people say they got RFEs for something they are SURE they sent...I presume it happens.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Suggestion to others...

When you are making copies of documents to attach, I created a "letterhead" and printed my own paper with my name AND Alla's name and "I-129f attachment" on it and then loaded those in my printer so every piece of paper had our names on them. If they get separated they can be returned to your file. There really is no good reason for them to GET separated but judging from the number of posts where people say they got RFEs for something they are SURE they sent...I presume it happens.

Hello Gary and Alla, I do not think that they will not identify all my bank statments that have my name on them, our itineraries, passport pages with photos, phone and SMS records, hotel vouchers, receipts, etc..And as you know when filing any petition for the first time THERE IS NO CASE # to be printed on each PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTING THE MEETING OF THE PETITIONER AND THE BENEFICIARY WITH THE TWO YEARS THAT PRECEDING FILING K-1 PETITION as I said previously I applied previously for K1 petition but I withdrwan it and it was terminated by CSC upon my withdrawal request. That one I got RFE, they gave me then one month to respond, I responded and I got then Approved in 8 days from the date they received my response. The present RFE of April 09, 2012 they gave me up to July 02, and that is nice of them but odd also, however they received my response in April 20, 2012. From all the RFE that received by members of VJ community, it either they are getting NEW ADJUDICATOR EMPLOYEE, that are firing RFE for every one, and as a result the responses to those RFEs are accumulating beside the new petitions they are receiving and firing RFEs, it is a viscous circle..that is making every one on their heels :crying: thanks for reading..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.