Jana / Robert

K1 expedite after overseas assignement

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is your reason for an expedite?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

What is your reason for an expedite?

me and my fiance live together in Japan for almost 3 years, and we have a daughter 15 months old. he is military member and is going for us at the end of May, our daughter is already U.S. citizen and we want to know how this can help in our case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

JAG should help, usually a redeployment is a good reason to expedite.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

JAG should help, usually a redeployment is a good reason to expedite.

Deployments aren't the same as overseas assignments. OP is talking about an over seas assignment it seems. So hes not in a combat zone and not being deployed to one. Being sent home to the USA.

Also Jag doesn't help with expedites. Divorce and adoption and pre-nups but not much at all help with immigration.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Also Jag doesn't help with expedites. Divorce and adoption and pre-nups but not much at all help with immigration.

JAGS are the lawyers on base, but they will not help you with immigration work.

This is absolutely NOT true. Depends on the branch, the location (mainland? Okinawa?), the office size (and docket) and the situation. Since you are not married the military member would be the client but your best bet is the AF Office on okinawa or the Army office on the mainland. For the most part, the Marine bases (in okinawa) are larger (except for Kadena but I think you could get lucky there) and the JAs are doing less immigration work, but there are definitely JAs who do immigration work. I have been stationed overseas my entire Military career and have found ones in Japan have easier legal assistance dockets than say, Germany.

With that being said, a PCS to the States is not the same as a deployment, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

**Sidenote, JAs will help with Separation agreements but not usually deal with actual divorces.

From K1 submission to US Citizenship- 2 years, 1 month and 2 days!

K-1 Process
• 6 MAR 2012 - I-129F packet sent via FedEx overnight •

• 7 MAR 2012 - Packet received Dallas, Texas
• 12 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (Notice by Email: routed to the CSC)
• 15 MAR 2012 - NOA1 (received Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797))
• 12 JUN 2012 - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email)
• 23 MAR 2012 - NVC received/forwarded approved I-129F
• 25 April 2012 - Interview and Visa Approved!
• 27 APR 2012 - Collected Visa at Embassy
• 29 MAY 2012 - Arrival in US after two weeks holiday together!
*It took 46 days from NOA1 to Visa pick-up and we received our NOA2 two weeks AFTER her arrival in States!

AOS Process
• 13 JUL 2012 - I-485 packet received at USCIS
• 23 JUL 2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485 and I-765 (we didn't do an AP)
• 10 AUG 2012 - RFE for Proof of Employment and Fed. Poverty Level/Support Requirement!(Active Duty Military but deployed last year with little taxable income to report)
• RFE Discussion--> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382590-any-other-military-members-have-this-happen/
• 16 AUG 2012 - USCIS received my RFE document response & Biometrics completed on same day
• 21 SEP 2012 - EAD Received after a total of 6 USCIS Status updates
• 8 MAR 2013 - USCIS received our AP I-131 Travel Doc that we didn't apply for initially (bad decision)
• 26 MAR 2013 - Email Notice that AP was approved
• 03 APR 2013 - Card in hand! (9+ months from application to receipt of card)

Removal of Conditions

• Skipped with Military expedite

Citizenship N400

• 20 JAN 2014 - Packet mailed

• 02 FEB 2014 - walk-in Bio appointment

• 24 MAR 2014 - Interview

• 08 APR 2014 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.