Fiance.

Can I trust this timeline? how much wrong can it be?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey you guys!

I am planning on visit my fiance in september 10th, but I am not sure if will be the aproximate date that we will get a NOA2, wich usually takes 5 -6 months. The question is,if I get a NOA2 by mail, how much longer after that can I stay far from my country? We sent the package on 04/24/12, vacation will start on sept 10 till october 10th, I would like to know how long after NOA2 we get an interview confirmation and stuff.

Thank you all.

Edited by Fiance.
ticker.png

the timeline is absed on the Vj members if you look at mine im wayyyy pasted my date but all we can do is hope :D

Oh so probably you will be reciving NOA2 by 04/30, or in about 4 days, lol, yay! thanks for your info, btw, You met in 2001, OMG how patiet is that.

Good Luck!

Edited by Fiance.
ticker.png

June 2011 would be around 10 months.

really?? why is that? I thought was 6 months maximum and all the profiel I have seem looks the same, why do you think is taking longer for you? How long have you known ur fiance?

Oh but your case is different right? you are not waiting for NOA2, IS Naturalization stuff, Im reliefed now. OMG!!! I am soooooo jealous!! you are almost done! congratulations!!!!!!!

Edited by Fiance.
ticker.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

really?? why is that? I thought was 6 months maximum and all the profiel I have seem looks the same, why do you think is taking longer for you? How long have you known ur fiance?

It's not for me, that is from the USCIS website. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Go there and click on processing times. Select Vermont and look for I-129F.

The timelines on visajourney are an average over time, they are just an estimate. If Vermont has suddenly slowed down for some reason then expect to wait longer than your estimate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The "slowdown" has been discussed in several threads and the general consensus is that it is a computer glitch, not an actual slowdown. A couple of times I've tried checking the link and get "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" instead of the USCIS webpage.

The average time is still right around 5 months. A number of members here have been approved from the November/December 2011 timeframe.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

The "slowdown" has been discussed in several threads and the general consensus is that it is a computer glitch, not an actual slowdown. A couple of times I've tried checking the link and get "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" instead of the USCIS webpage.

The average time is still right around 5 months. A number of members here have been approved from the November/December 2011 timeframe.

Thank you, that info makes me more reliefed!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!

ticker.png

Hey you guys!I am planning on visit my fiance in september 10th, but I am not sure if will be the aproximate date that we will get a NOA2, wich usually takes 5 -6 months. The question is,if I get a NOA2 by mail, how much longer after that can I stay far from my country? We sent the package on 04/24/12, vacation will start on sept 10 till october 10th, I would like to know how long after NOA2 we get an interview confirmation and stuff.Thank you all.

The timeline on here is pretty inaccurate during the first 2 - 3 months of waiting. You notice it'll get longer or shorter as time goes. The closer you get, the more accurate it becomes. It's based off of VJ members' NOA1 - NOA2 timeframes at current USCIS processing times. The service centers' processing times can vary wildly throughout the year depending on backlogs etc. Normal time frame can be anywhere from 3 - 7 months. Expect 5. Then expect 4 - 6 weeks for NVC to give you an interview date, and another 4 - 6 weeks until the interview.

Altogether, your total wait time could be 6 months, itcould be 10 months. generally it's 7 - 9 months.

If you look at the timeframe on USCIS, VSC is processing I-129F's from June 14, 2011. Looks like they have slowed down.

I-129s from June have already been processed. That's a glitch most likely.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you, that info makes me more reliefed!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!

You're welcome. For more information about why it takes so long to process a petition, check this thread and you'll get a glimpse behind the scenes.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

I-129s from June have already been processed. That's a glitch most likely.

I hope so! For us it took about 5 months but that was 4 years ago now. We were way beyond our estimated visajourney approval date. They are just estimates, use them as a guide. You could be waiting longer, you could be approved sooner. There is no real way to tell unfortunately.

Timeline

How do you know wich service center they will send our petition? is that depends on where you live?

Yes, it depends on where you live. Which state do you live in? You have Vermont on your timeline.

If you go to the top of the page and click where it says "Settings" and then click on "Profile" you can add what your immigration status is, you should put K-1. You should also add which service center (either California or Vermont), which is your local office, which you can find from entering your zip code here. https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

This will help people answer your questions more easily! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.